It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis on "So You Think You Can Dance"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:33 am 
Sun Dial

Don't know how many of you watch this show on Fox. I don't, but my 19-year-old daughter does. Anyway, last week (Wed. night, maybe) one couple did their dance performance to a duet by Elvis and Ann-Margret, "You're the Boss," that they recorded for Viva Las Veagas but it was not included in the movie. I just found out recently in a Youtube video that Elvis and AM also did a duet of "Today, Tomorrow, and Forever" that wasn't included either (just Elvis's solo).

On the most recent "Dancing With the Stars," Ian Ziering and his partner Cheryl did a routine to "All Shook Up" with Ian dressed as Elvis. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but NO ONE can pull off Elvis's look but Elvis himself. However, I do appreciate that Elvis's music always seems to pop up. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

There must be some "stirring" about Elvis presence on TV here in Spain too, Wanda MC. On a similar dancing program they are using Elvis songs (sung by the vocalists of the orchestra) more than ever. Last week they used 4 Elvis' songs! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:19 am 

His voice and music is timeless. His presence will be felt for a long time. I think much longer than any of us can imagine.

Di

Post subject: Youtube Links for Elvis and Ann-Margret
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:50 pm 
Sun Dial

Try this link if you want to see "You're the Boss." Unfortunately there is no video of them singing the song together. Just fans (like ourselves :D ) who have created slideshows or combined video footage. What the heck, I'll throw in "The Lady Loves Me" while I'm at it! I heard all the people around in the scene (extras) broke into a hardy round of applause when they finished the number.

"You're the Boss"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sveAIomktC4

"The Lady Loves Me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNMpfyulXA

"Today, Tomorrow, and Forever" somehow is no longer on Youtube except with a video of Elvis and Priscilla, not the duet with AM. Wonder where that went?

And I've heard a saucier version of "You're the Boss." It was on the address below, but looks like now you have to have a Rhapsody account to hear it all. (It's under the Wav files.) The two ladies who created this site seem to dearly love Elvis. One passed away recently. Anyway, they have uploaded a lot of his songs on here with a usually very nice picture of him and some background info on the song or his life during that time.

http://www.anelvisfan2001.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I have heard the cd with You're the Boss on it-the saucier one I think was on the radio and a friend recorded it off for us. I still think about the time I saw her in black and white tv with no sound, the first time when she performed for the award show. I just watched her and thought of him-and then I told him he should meet her and he asked her name and I told him. He just said something like "You think so, huh". And never said a word that he had already met her, was already recording the sound track stuff with her and that he liked her a lot already. NOT word one! I didn't know until things began coming out about him doing Viva Las Vegas at the studio, etc: and on location in Vegas. By the way, Priscilla was there visiting during some of this too-no wonder she was jealous of Ann M...the sparks were obvious even in the film! Anyway, I am still awed by his silence!!! Not a word, not a whisper from him, nothing! And when I asked him about it, he just brushed it off lightly and changed the subject. Pris though, dyed her hair to match Ann's...but that didn't last long-Elvis liked her hair dark! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:31 am 
Site Admin

Laurie thanks so much for the links you posted for us! :D It was great to listen to and watch Elvis and Ann together. :D DEFINITE chemistry there and like you said Wanda the sparks were DEFINITELY obvious including in the film. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

He sure does Sue!! :wink: :P :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]