It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis Week
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:21 am 
Sun Dial

If you want to leave a message on the "Virtual Wall" for Elvis Week, here is the link. It is so touching to read all those messages from people who, like all of us here, still love and miss Elvis 30 years later. :cry:

http://www.elvis.com/vigilcast/show_messages.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:34 am 
Site Admin

My thanks to you also Wanda Mc for posting this link for us. :D I added my own message too...........4 times by accident. :oops: After I filled out the page for the message I hit the submit button then I got an "error" message so I hit submit again, "error" AGAIN, and AGAIN........and AGAIN. :roll: Then I checked the first page and saw MY "error". :oops: :roll: Wish there was some way to delete the duplicate posts. :roll:

Post subject: Error in Posting
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:01 am 
Sun Dial

Seems a number of people had the same problem. Not to worry! It was a lovely message, well worth reading 4 times!

I am amazed always (and I think Elvis would be, too) how many people, men as well as women, people around the world, people close to Elvis's age, those of us a bit (24 years) younger, those who were not even born in 1977, STILL, 30 YEARS LATER, feel such a profound impact from one man. What other singer/actor/entertainer EVER created such a bond with so many people all over the world? People who never saw him in concert because he never had a chance to perform in Europe and Asia and Australia like he wanted. Yeah, he's darn nice to look at and could sing, but that just doesn't explain it. I really truly feel that he was a gift from God, put here for a reason, and God used him (a dirt-poor kid from the South) as he has always used the "least among us" for his purposes. He brought people together, brought joy and excitement to our lives :D , shared his wealth with everyone he came across, and in spite of his early rebel image, shared his love of God and Jesus with anyone who would listen, whether talking privately with one person or recording and singing gospel music to share with a larger audience. No, not a saint (which of us is?), but I admire so much about Elvis -- How he had a dream and made it happen, loved his family, served his country and was unabashedly patriotic, was humble in spite of his success, clearly generous to a fault, was patient and kind to all us fans, sought out God's plan for his life, and tried to always treat people the way he wanted to be treated, regardless of their station in life. I wish I had had the privilege of knowing him. And like so many people signing that Virtual Wall, I love him deeply as a human being and can still be moved to tears, I miss him so. :cry: God blessed him, and he never forgot that. And the profound impact he made and continues to make (as Elvis would say) "never ceases to amaze me, baby!" :D

Post subject: Amazement
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:57 pm 
Sun Dial

I think Elvis was probably as much at a loss of how to explain that as the rest of us. It just is. But I've always heard that he wanted an answer to the question, "Why me? Why was I chosen to be 'Elvis Presley'?" I guess that was God's plan for his life. :)

I think it was Larry Geller who wrote that Elvis didn't like his name, said something like, "Who names their kid Elvis anyway?" But hey, the name is just as unique as he was. I know some consider it a compliment to name their children after him (the skater Elvis Stojko, a high school friend of my daughter's, etc.), but to me there is only one Elvis, and that's Presley.

Post subject: Re: Error in Posting
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda Mc wrote:

I am amazed always (and I think Elvis would be, too) how many people, men as well as women, people around the world, people close to Elvis's age, those of us a bit (24 years) younger, those who were not even born in 1977, STILL, 30 YEARS LATER, feel such a profound impact from one man. What other singer/actor/entertainer EVER created such a bond with so many people all over the world? People who never saw him in concert because he never had a chance to perform in Europe and Asia and Australia like he wanted. Yeah, he's darn nice to look at and could sing, but that just doesn't explain it. I really truly feel that he was a gift from God, put here for a reason, and God used him (a dirt-poor kid from the South) as he has always used the "least among us" for his purposes. He brought people together, brought joy and excitement to our lives :D , shared his wealth with everyone he came across, and in spite of his early rebel image, shared his love of God and Jesus with anyone who would listen, whether talking privately with one person or recording and singing gospel music to share with a larger audience. No, not a saint (which of us is?), but I admire so much about Elvis -- How he had a dream and made it happen, loved his family, served his country and was unabashedly patriotic, was humble in spite of his success, clearly generous to a fault, was patient and kind to all us fans, sought out God's plan for his life, and tried to always treat people the way he wanted to be treated, regardless of their station in life. I wish I had had the privilege of knowing him. And like so many people signing that Virtual Wall, I love him deeply as a human being and can still be moved to tears, I miss him so. :cry: God blessed him, and he never forgot that. And the profound impact he made and continues to make (as Elvis would say) "never ceases to amaze me, baby!" :D

Wanda Mc my dear you spoke EVERY word that I feel insdie my heart so I just had to quote all of what you said about Elvis and add a BIG AMEN to it!!!!! :D :D Thanks also for your kind words about my message that I wrote and for your reassurance regarding the error I made. :oops: :D Nice to know that I wasn't alone in my goof-up. :wink:

I also had to quote what you said here too:
Wanda Mc wrote:
........but to me there is only one Elvis, and that's Presley.

That to me says it all and I agree with you 1000%!!!! :D :D

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:15 am 
Sun Dial

You're welcome! And thanks for your kind words as well. I'll bet a lot of us here are very different in a lot of ways, but Elvis and our shared love of God has brought us all together here. God bless you all. You truly enrich my life. :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]