It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Elvis Special on ABC This Fall
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:38 am 
Sun Dial

This was in the weekly email newsletter I receive from Elvis.com. Sounds interesting, and I'm always ready for some "previously unseen footage!" :D

Quote:
"Elvis: Viva Las Vegas" Television Event 7/10/2007
Airing on Wednesday, September 18 at 9pm ET

As mentioned in an ABC announcement about their programming for the new fall season: "For the 30th anniversary of Elvis Presley’s death, ABC News is producing a two-hour TV event in High Definition that will examine how the King of Rock-and-Roll re-invented Las Vegas and how it re-invented him. Top recording stars of 2007 perform Elvis's Vegas classics, woven in with previously unreleased music and documentary footage - never-before-seen-film of Elvis’s Vegas years."

A detailed press release about this show will be issued by ABC News in the weeks ahead.

David Saltz and Rudy Bednar are the executive producers. The program is being produced in association with Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.

Can't wait! Sounds like something positive, though I don't necessarily appreciate or enjoy other people doing Elvis's songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds good Wanda Mc! :D I'll be looking forward to seeing it and I completely agree with your statement here--

Wanda Mc wrote:
Can't wait! Sounds like something positive, though I don't necessarily appreciate or enjoy other people doing Elvis's songs.

Thanks for letting us know about this. :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]