It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

My stepmom's great grandfather and his first cousin whom he married were Mansells and of Indian and Jewish blood. Also in Jimmie's family were Smiths, Morgans, and a Presley that spelled the name with two l's and no e before the y. Elvis tried to find a common name he recognized because he thought we were related-he found Mornin' who was my great grand mother and her maiden name was Love. My aunt married a man from Tennessee named Vivian Love-he was soft spoken Southern, quiet and dressed very nicely and he collected guns and was a bookkeeper. He was a very nice guy-he had sandy brown hair and very blue eyes and I went on two long road trips as a young teenager with them across the United States Midwest up into Idaho. It was great. [ When I think about it now, I can't believe I traveled into so many states-it amazes me-how did that happen and why did I marry a guy who didn't like to be away from home at night!]
My Auntm Mr. Love's wife, loved Elvis from the first day she saw his photo in the paper and went to his concert in Tulsa-I could have gone, but he was "the devil's child" to me at that time...no way would I go see him do that thing he did for the devil! (naive/sheep like stupidity-me!) Anyway he was very intrigued that we had those family names...and said, see I was right! But I never thought so-it was coincidence nothing more and common names. But then when he came up with Jimmie's mom and one of his relatives being named Elvira well...and Dovie too...and a Dovie Smith at that...well...maybe???
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:05 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

How extraordinary it would be you were relatives...! Yet, at soul's level, most probably you were! :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:44 am 
Site Admin

I don't think so - he just hoped to find something as family was important to him. Those were very common names in the south-and he said, well that is because we're all cousins... and I said, you mean, marry your cousins? It was meant as a joke, but he kind of took it seriously and said very quickly, "Not all do that-just in some areas where they're too poor to get far from their roots...then it was common and to keep body and soul together, really. Folks were poor back in Mississippi and the Carolina's." He rushed that out-when he talked fast, rattling things out, sometimes slurring words he said them so fast, he wasn't real pleased with the way the conversation was going or the topic. I learned that early.
He talked faster if he was excited, up about something or had not "come down" from working yet...I liked him best when he was level-lazy and wanting to relax his mind and fall asleep...crazy I guess, but that was when he was more himself and would say just what ever he thought instead of "hiding" his feelings about whatever it was. And he would be funny as all get out at times. I've watched him a lot today, and really miss him more than if I hadn't.
This morning at 3 am Starla was heading to LA where she was called in to check something important. Her car started not shifting into the last gear about 30 miles from home-so she turned about and "creeped" back. She had planned to hurry the check, and get back home as she has always taken the 16th off since Elvis left. She was miffed to be called on but was going to return home as soon as possible to tape and watch etc:. Anyway, she thought she'd have to spend the weekend looking for a new car to buy as she wasn't going to fix the Jeep again-the last time she had to put a new transmission in it and it cost $3,000. The Jeep has a lot of miles on it-thousands of them as she drives for work a lot. Anyway, Jimmie can't repair automatic transmissions though he can do most other things. Well he discovered that the electric door locks were not working either-so he read up on the manuel's electrical things and then went out and checked the battery cables and other circuit things-well it was a loose one and he fixed it. It was sooo strange-her car was running perfectly the day before-but today, the 16th it made her come home and spend the day as usual-watching Uncle Elvis. Could he have used the electrical energy to keep her home? He wouldn't have wanted her going to East LA at 3 in the am for pete's sake! Anyway, it was not a serious thing but it made her come home right away-and she spent the day with him...as usual. She thinks he did it...and I wonder-after all "spirits" use electrical impulses to do things, they say. He could move pens, make sparks come off his finger tips and moved a rather heavy glass ashtray-just with his mind and/or his own magnetic energy force. Soooo why not tweak the magnetic field of a computerized car with something simple, but affective and she still got home safely. Was not stalled in the fast lane of a freeway either...still able to move etc:. Could be. I said when she got home, Well, maybe Elvis wanted you to stay home today. She smiled and said, "Could be...I was going to come back as fast as I could anyway." Stranger things have happened... Her car works perfectly again. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Fantastic! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

We all have our "angels" looking out for us, sometimes they do wonderful things out of the blue-other times they can't probably due to something we ourselves do and shut them out? Anyway, her car works perfectly today-she's in LA doing her thing and no problems at all.
Just a "fluke" or "plan of action"? Just like when we went to Nashville-she and I driving a weeks old new car-Maia did some of her "magical" things and protected the car and us in it before we left and nothing happened on the trip, not even a flat tire. We were home a while, kept that car in the garage and didn't drive it much as it was a lease car-but it started running funny a few weeks after we got back-took it to the service center and discovered there was a recall on the engine!!! It was prone to have a crack so water got where it shouldn't-the thing over heats and the engine freezes up etc:...we drove more than 5000 miles across country and back-without a hitch or a glitch...other cars like it didn't get 800 miles on their new engines! So we got a brand new engine for free to replace the defective one-and when we turned it in at lease end we got money back too! Boy, that was a great "angel" looking after us! We got the new car on a fluke-just happened to be going by, stopped in and there it was-on sale, special deal and got it without putting one dime down! We had to have one to make that trip-so there it was! It made the trip with a license plate that spelled ELVIS on the front end. I think I told that story before-wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
It made the trip with a license plate that spelled ELVIS on the front end.

Did you have that license plate designed to spell Elvis or was it a mysterious "coincidence"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

I can't remember exactly where we got it, but they could be purchased and were not offical tags...we just had it on the front end-there was one other family we saw on the freeway and other areas of the beach cities here in So. Ca. that we'd pass each other coming and going and they'd honk or we would. They were the only other people around that we knew of who had a tag like that. We met them at a swapmeet much later, and saw the tag on the car by their booth so we met them-but that was brief and don't know any more about them as far as I can recall, anyway. We haven't seen their car in a while-but after we moved to Riverside we did see them driving one day and both of us honked again. It's been a-while...Starla has the license plate packed in her stuff - she keeps all such things-after all, it went to Tupelo, Memphis, Graceland and across the Mississippi Bridge and up the back area that Elvis knew so well...and it went to Nashville and into LA several times too...when she was appearing at the Palomino Club in W. Hollywood way back there in the late 80's-early 90's. Then we turned it back in as the lease had expired and we didn't need another car payment. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
We all have our "angels" looking out for us, sometimes they do wonderful things out of the blue-other times they can't probably due to something we ourselves do and shut them out? Anyway, her car works perfectly today-she's in LA doing her thing and no problems at all.
Just a "fluke" or "plan of action"? Just like when we went to Nashville-she and I driving a weeks old new car-Maia did some of her "magical" things and protected the car and us in it before we left and nothing happened on the trip, not even a flat tire. We were home a while, kept that car in the garage and didn't drive it much as it was a lease car-but it started running funny a few weeks after we got back-took it to the service center and discovered there was a recall on the engine!!! It was prone to have a crack so water got where it shouldn't-the thing over heats and the engine freezes up etc:...we drove more than 5000 miles across country and back-without a hitch or a glitch...other cars like it didn't get 800 miles on their new engines! So we got a brand new engine for free to replace the defective one-and when we turned it in at lease end we got money back too! Boy, that was a great "angel" looking after us! We got the new car on a fluke-just happened to be going by, stopped in and there it was-on sale, special deal and got it without putting one dime down! We had to have one to make that trip-so there it was! It made the trip with a license plate that spelled ELVIS on the front end. I think I told that story before-wjh

This one is a great story also Wanda, speaking of protecting angels...!

I do believe firmly in them and their help. I scaped accidental death myself several times, in an incredible secuence of circunstances too, being a child and later a teenager and a young woman. When the time is not YOUR time to depart, neither it's your soul choice to go, then it seems things are "twisted" to let you stay.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]