It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: ELVIS: HIS FRIEND REMEMBERS
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

Plus commercials it was 2 hrs and 35 minutes! Joe Esposito. First part a bit boring, last part quite good, THEN the simply TACKED ON some Elvis impersonations stuff, other oddball stuff - it didn't fit! They ended the show and then added this other. Strange! But well worth the watch anyway.

The highlight for me was Joe breaking down and weeping when he talked about Elvis' death. It appeared quite genuine and moving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wow, it was a long program! As it's said "Time is GOLD in TV", sponsors had to be sure to have a big audience to pay for sooo much time on air. What makes me happy is to think that 30 years "after", even big enterprises may think Elvis is a value! 8) GREAT! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I saw that show too, the one with Joe E. talking and I have to say that he did seem sincere and was not making himself out to be too "big" as in the past when Elvis was around. I think then it was a "part of his job" to be bossy and opinionated at times "for Elvis' sake" etc:... and all those guys tended to kind of be over zealous in those days when it came to Elvis and whom he got to see. Though many people did get to see him personally and of course, many women did get that pass. Got to keep "the man happy and busy" you know, or else he starts to "think" and then who knows what might happen. I think that was the mind set and probably because it was true in many ways. Elvis didn't like to think about too much when alone, he'd read to keep his mind busy otherwise he was thinking of things that as he said, "maybe didn't want to think about". He was a worrier more than anyone realized at times. But he knew it and tried to stay busy doing something else.

The Elvis and Nixon thing that they (whomever it was was a I hope going for comedy how every it was "sicfk" comedy in my opinion and could have been done so much better if done with reality in mind but that wasn't the plan. The guy doing Elvis was ridiculues and exagaerated and didn't come close to Elvis except he body wise looked nice in the "purple suit" with the cape. Other than that- And the Nixeon character-good grief even. I didn't watch much of it and finally turned on something else-it was just too stupid and I didn't feel like getting angry...especially at such sick comedy efforts! Waste of time, I can tell you that!

They are playing Elvis' Christmas songs and some gospel in quite a few places already-almost every time I go into the grocery store or other places, even gas stations, he's singing something. I like that. And at the food bank where we (people) are bringing foods etc: they play him alot of the time becuase they say people come in and it makes them feel even better to hear on of the most charitable men of our generation still bringing happiness and joy to his public. Nice thing to say, I thought and it was a lady who spoke Spanish but was black and very pretty. She had such beautiful bead work in her hair I had to comment and she said her grandmother made the beads and did her hair for her every week.

Elvis is out and about everywhere this time of year-and his cds are selling-I have been looking for a couple movies we still don't have but they are sold out everytime I go. I guess I will have to go to "Walmart" as I've heard they have them and others as well. I hate Walmart due to how they treat their employees and lie through their teeth about it to the news. However I know a couple people who work there and they don't like it that they have split shifts and have to spend money coming back and forth or just hang out all day waiting to work. That's not right. They DO NOT have medical insurance either. Only full time people have that and they are few of them! Plus the things they sell are not up to par and one has to really look before buying anything. It's the "throwaway" generation so I guess that's okay to sell cheap crap...it will be thrown out anyway very quickly-that's what I was told by the geek who fixed my computer-buy an inexpensive printer that does what you need and just junk it later on and get another because that's all that's out there now. So guess I will. I found one for 99 that does everything my old one did and probably better, and I can get it for 69.00 after rebate so that's what I will do...I need the printer to see my manuscript in print and how it will look.
Bye, wjh

Post subject: Re: ELVIS: HIS FRIEND REMEMBERS
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:12 pm 
Sun Dial

I have seen Joe talking about Elvis a few times and he has been on the brink of crying each time. My heart actually went out to him, but I became confused. Joe does confuse me because I don't know too much about what his motives were back when Elvis was alive. I don't know whether he was one of the really bad trouble makers in the group or not, so I can't judge him that way. I have heard some good and some bad about him. I heard that he was "in" with the Colonel, spying on Elvis and reporting back and I have read that he was always trying to one up on the guys to get Elvis' attention. My feelings right now are that perhaps Joe grew up since Elvis died and in looking back he has sat with many regrets for years. No one is perfect. My gut tells me that Joe wasn't the worst in that bunch and he really did care about Elvis.

I am not happy that he charges $25.00 (?) for his books that he promises are new and exciting info and they turn out to be these very thin books with all the same info that has been printed before. I really felt ripped off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:30 pm 
I have to say Laura that Joe did as still as his on Motives, and he might be feeling very Sorry or Ashamed of himself now after all of these years. But I have to weigh what he says like I do with the Rest of that Bunch, and that is with a Grain of Salt!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:32 am 
Sun Dial

I hear you FairyTale. I am just such a soft touch when I see someone get choked up or cry. Is he (joe) still driving limosines out in Vegas for a living? Why does Joe always do interviews saying that HE was Elvis' BEST friend? That bothers me because best friends don't go behind their friends backs to spy on them. :evil: I am just glad I don't have to live in their (the MM) heads knowing all that they did to poor Elvis. Lamar says he wakes up at night with Elvis calling him. Hmmm...I think it may be more of the truth to say that Elvis is probably making sure that Lamar never forgets all the bad things he did when he(Elvis) was alive.

I need to stop here because I am by no means perfect either. Sometimes I find myself acting holier than thou and that says more about me than anything else. Those MM devils just make me SO mad :evil: with all they did to that sweet man.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:01 pm 
Sun Dial

Rainbow Light wrote:
Quote:
I need to stop here because I am by no means perfect either. Sometimes I find myself acting holier than thou and that says more about me than anything else. Those MM devils just make me SO mad with all they did to that sweet man.
Quote:

Me neither, far from it! But in all honesty you were only saying and expressing what most, if not all ELC members think and feel about those guys anyways, hon! :wink: :)

Thank you so much Rainbow Light. I needed that today because I have been a wee bit down in the dumps.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:44 pm 
A BIG DOUBLE AMEN! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 pm 
:hello: :bouncy: :mrgreen: :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]