It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Top 10 Celebrity Inspired Pet Names (for the British)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Various artists' names are favorite names for the British to name their pets. Her reputation has nose-dived - but Britney Spears has new popularity in the canine world. She is one of the celebrities Britons are most likely to name their dog after. Tyson, after boxer Mike Tyson, is top, followed by Harry, after Prince Harry or the boy wizard Harry Potter.

The Top 10 Celebrity Inspired pet names are:

1. Tyson (Mike)
2. Harry (Potter or Prince)
3. Ozzy (Osbourne)
4. Robbie (Williams)
5. Rooney (Wayne)
6. Beckham (David)
7. Paris (Hilton)
8. Elvis (Presley)
9. Jessie (Wallace)
10. Britney (Spears)

Source: The West / Updated: Dec 17, 2007

I can think of two movies off hand -- "The Dark" & "Frequency" in which a beloved dog in the movie is named Elvis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Two days ago there were two different movies on TV at the same time where the dog was called "Elvis" :wink:

In the school of my youngest son there is a boy named Elvis!! :D

I recall that Elvis had a dog called "Edmund" which he had named after his good friend Ed Parker. Ed felt honoured by that! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I hear and see things like that so much on tv-it is more and more often these days. When we were showing Foxx our white horse, there was another Stallion who was a tad younger than Foxx who was also showing...his name was Elvis-he made it to the Nationals but was 2nd not first. We didn't take Foxx-too far and too long away from home for us.
But people who went with their horses said that when Elvis was showing and then was leaving the arena, the announcer said, "Elvis---has left the...arena!" like the announcer guy did for Elvis. They said people cheered and clapped-so Elvis' owner took him around again for fun!
There was a mare named Priscilla who was at the barn where Foxx was standing and Elvis' owners brought him in to stand some mares and "Priscilla" was one of them- It was not live breedings-all done by A. I. collection and artificial Insemination. Still the barn was a twitter with Elvis and Priscilla there. It was comical. When Foxx was there which wasn't often as we didn't breed him very often, and not at all now, people always came just to see him "perform" his dance routine for the "dummy" mare who's name was Estelle...he knew that too. Even today if we mentioned Estelle he'd look around then look to see if the trailer was out.
It was commical to say the least! Boys will be boys I guess. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]