It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Black Elvis serenades Hillary Clinton
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Remember when the Clintons lived in the south where a lot of the Democrat voters are black? Hillary went back there this week to touch base with the folks and got a big nod from the King himself — Elvis! Or, to be more accurate, "Belvis," the black Elvis. Clinton was making nice with some people at a Little Rock diner when she was accosted by Dwayne Turner, aka Belvis, who serenaded her with the opening bars of "Blue Suede Shoes," much to the ex-First Lady of Arkansas’ delight. Belvis, who was a child during the Clinton governorship, explained why he’s got ’90s throwback fever:
I said, ‘how come the white kids get bused in my community, but we got to walk to go to school?’ And [Bill] said ‘Really?’ . . Three weeks later we had buses.
Oh, Bill! If only you’d been able to provide transportation for every future flamboyant local character back in the ’80s, your wife would have been president years ago.
(News, Source;EIN/AP)

Note: Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used "A Little Less Conversation" as his campaign's theme song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Note: Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used "A Little Less Conversation" as his campaign's theme song.

And a little more action, please... And this goes for every single politician in this whole wide World! (Positive action, of course!)

Thank you for the information, Laurie. You are working hard bringing in interesant info to the Forum. THANKS A LOT! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:59 pm 
Thank you Laurie!

I liked Mitt Romney (sort of) when he was asked to list his likes and dislikes. He said he likes Roy Orbison and dislikes eggplant. I figured if he likes one of Elvis's favorite singers, he can't be too bad! Now I like him even more for using that for his theme song. (Too bad he dropped out.)

Amanda, you're right about "more action"! :lol: I second that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't like egg-plant either!! :lol:

I add my thanks , Laurie, to your always interesting contributions!!!!! :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda Viola wrote:
Quote:

And a little more action, please... And this goes for every single politician in this whole wide World! (Positive action, of course!)

Thank you for the information, Laurie. You are working hard bringing in interesant info to the Forum. THANKS A LOT! :P

AMEN dear Amanda to everything you said here!! :D :D :D Please allow me to add my thanks to you as well dear Laurie for all of the many insightful and interesting things and great pictures you bring to and share here with all of us here!! :D :D It is very much appreciated and so are you my sweet friend!! :D :D :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]