It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dr .Kingsize and the Imperials
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:07 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Last week I was asked by some friend if I wanted to go to a concert "Elvis- Gospel Night" by the Impersonator Dr. Kingsize. The concert will be in Mid-April not too far from my home town Munich .
I was curious and found out that this man gave already some concerts with GREAT SUCCESS and on stage with him were the REAL IMPERIALS!!!!
I read some news-clips on the internet and it sounds really good!
But still I cannot decide to go...... if I went it would be because of the Imperials, to see them live.
What concerns impersonators, I have my doubts...
:? :roll:

...do you have any comments!?!? 8)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:26 pm 
:D Hi Sarena well if it was me, I would Love to see The Imperials to. But I know Elvis got a real Kick out of Impersonators, but what would bother me is if this person was a Tribute Artist or someone for the Money just being a Fake. I would have to find out a lot more about this Guy, I hope that Helps Some! :wink: FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

I agree with your thoughts dear Sue as you posted above. :wink: :) Although, it is hard to say for sure one way or another, because like you Sue, I too am not familiar with Dr. Kingsize." :? Sweet Sarena, if you do decide to go, please have a good time, enjoy the Imperials as they are a wonderful group and please let us know how it goes!! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It would seem to me that the Imperials would take care in picking the right impersonator. Of course, it is not the same as the real Elvis, but everyone knows that, so folks adjust their expectations accordingly. Elvis was flattered by tribute artists. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (I think he may have said?). I'm not into tribute artists myself but don't hate them either. They serve to fill a niche. I can't imagine the Imperials would ever pick someone in it only for the money. Since the Imperials are also going to be there, what have you got to loose? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:26 am 
I wouldn't even hesitate to go! :D :lol: Although I know what you mean, because it's a new, strange concept: Elvis impersonator (with a funny name, no less) leading a gospel group. Kind of weird. I like weird stuff, so I'd go, but I understand why others would think twice about it.

Thanks all you ladies for letting me know that Elvis liked his impersonators. I never knew that! Always learning something new here. :wink: :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you so much, dear friends, for your point of views!!! I rather agree with you all!! And I think I've seen this Dr. Kingsize on TV already and he was rather good! His funny name comes from him being a dentist AND his enormous body height!!! :wink: :lol:

Well, I will decide on intuition, I guess, I'll let you know!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]