It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Obama: If I Can Dream
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Obama: If I Can Dream
Sillerman said that President-elect Barack Obama's inaugural committee has contacted CKX to ask about using the Elvis song "If I Can Dream" as part of an inaugural event. "I am a big supporter of President Obama. If they want to use it, we absolutely will make it available to them. Forty years after Elvis' '68 special, we see that he's being thought of as part of a new beginning."
Source: Commercial Appeal / Updated: Jan 7, 2009

Post subject: Re: Obama: If I Can Dream
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Would be REAL GREAT!!!!!!! :bouncy: (A)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:01 am 
Site Admin

Yes, it sure would! I am going to try to watch as much of the 3 day events as I can, and hope to be on when it's used, if it is. I understand from another source whom I don't know the name (off tv) that Obama's family (?) requested that song be on the list. I hope they are Elvis fans...just more icing on that cake huh?
Lisa's babies are very pretty, just like her other kids were when little...amazingly like how she looked at birth but then they've got good genes so why not? She looked so happy.

bye wjh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 am 
Owl

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Yes, it sure would! I am going to try to watch as much of the 3 day events as I can, and hope to be on when it's used, if it is. I understand from another source whom I don't know the name (off tv) that Obama's family (?) requested that song be on the list. I hope they are Elvis fans...just more icing on that cake huh?
Lisa's babies are very pretty, just like her other kids were when little...amazingly like how she looked at birth but then they've got good genes so why not? She looked so happy.

bye wjh

Lisa's babies are gorgeous, Wanda, and yes, they all look so very happy. I'm so pleased for them.

Fingers crossed with regard to "If I Can Dream" being sun at the Inauguration. If not, the thought is extremely special, and just as wonderful, too!

:hello: :bouncy:

Kimmi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:28 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

There are an average of 8-10 balls put on by different organizations on the eveningof the day the president is sworn in. I understand one was called I Can Dream and I wonder if that is where they used Elvis' song. That would make perfect sense. President Obama likes Elvis and he likes Spiderman. His wife and girls are down to earth and it is so good to have a family in the white house. Not a family of color but an American family.
Given time the new president will try his very best to make the dream that Elvis sang with so much feeling come true for so many in our country and in the world.
(A) always with love,
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:01 pm 
Well Shoot anyway, I was at work when Obama was Sworn in. I didn't know that he requested If I can Dream, I seen on Ball on Tv that Obama and his wife attended. Did anybody find out if they did use Elvis' song?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]