It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why Southerners Love Elvis
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I hear you sis and can understand where you're coming from, with all due respect! It's like Michael Jackson who I also am a fan of; there's so much rubbish that's been written and reported through the years, a lot of people have believed a lot of things and it really hurts those of us who love Elvis, MJ etc because what they did ALL their lives was work hard and give so many people a lot of happiness and love!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: You know I had a Thought yesterday, if Elvis was doing all of these Drugs that he as been Accused of. Then how did he get all of these SHERIFF BADGES? I mean didn't he have to take a Drug test to be able to be a Deputy Sheriff? What about when he got that Drug Enforcement Badge from the FBI he got from President Nixon, didn't he have to be tested for Drugs then to? So if he did how did he pass all of these Tests, if he was doing all of these Drugs? :love:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:11 am 
Site Admin

He wasn't "doing all those drugs"...he was taking prescribed medication trying to be able to "do his job" and to help him cope with the many medically serious health problems he had... BUT he chose NOT to let those around him know HOW SERIOUS those problems were becoming and HAD become in his last 4 years of
life... Had they known, it would have "slipped out" to the press and they would
have made it headline news and Elvis would not have been able to "do my job" because so many people/fans would be wanting to see him "before" he died...
Simple, exact and plainly clear facts of the matter...too bad some people are
incapable of understanding how that can happen to good people...but in his case, he was "the king" and of course, he COULDN'T be a mortal man...and actually be in ill health. And again, that belief came about because he CHOSE to keep his health issues quiet..."so I can do my job".
wjh

In 1984 Elvis received the "first" Golden Hat Award" from the Academy of Country Music. And the same year, received the W. C. Handy Award from the Blues Foundation in Memphis in recognition of "Keeping The Blues" alive via his music.
In 2004 Elvis was inducted into the West Coast Blues Hall of Fame for his contribution to the art form called Blues.
Elvis was is the ONLY superstar to have achieved world wide fame without performing outside the United States.
Many of those "fims" received "Best Comedy of the Year" award, and if it did not come out in "print" or in a "movie magazine" no one would ever hear a word about it FROM him... But they are there, on display at Graceland.
Elvis holds the world record for album sales today, plus the record for top selling 45's and albums world wide...and still those sales are climbing upward!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Know that Elvis only took want he need in Prescription Drugs, because of his Health Problems. But I was wondering didn't he have to take a Drug Test to be able to get the Law Enforcement Badges he Received? :love:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know what the requirements would have been back in those days; here in California it would be required and has been for a while now. Elvis was a Deputy Sheriff, and he WAS Elvis...but had he been required to do so, I believe he would have passed. He and his guys all had to go through the steps and pass the tests...learn to use the weapons and etc...at least they say they did...and I know that he did, he was really proud of the fact that he did well on the tests and that
he was a good shot, handled himself well thanks to Karate and that he did not get any special treatment nor was "just given" the badge because of ELVIS, I don't have it written down or etc so I can't say his exact words, but I remember he was proud of being "on the force" even though it wasn't a paid job etc... He loved to go out on "duty" with them and he enjoyed wearing the uniform and actually "doing something worth while"... I know that they all took special lessons in
protecting him and them selves...especially since there were threats from all kinds of people - Mostly just idle threats, but then there were some not so "idle" and
sometimes he was nervous and yet he would not let some xyz %$ stop him from
going out to do his job. He just made sure there were people to provide
as much protection as possible. He wore a bullet proof vest at least one time, because he mentioned how hot and uncomfortable they were...so he didn't wear it anymore. He said they could hit him in the head just as easily as
any where else... He even joked about what they'd be aiming for...and he didn't think it would be that high up...(as chest or head)...and said especially if it was coming from a jealous boyfriend or husband etc.... wjh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :lol:Will Of Course That is what they would be Aiming For, if they were so worried about that I think they had best look in the Mirror and Not Blame Elvis for Their Insecurities! :wink: :P :love:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN, Rose-Lyn! Thanks, Wanda, as always for sharing with us! :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: You Betcha'!! :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:57 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :bouncy: :hug: :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :D :love: :hug: