:) :D :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :hello: :hug: :love: :P

Post subject: Re: Why Southerners Love Elvis
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :lol: :love:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis is world wide...there are some Islands out there that haven't had a lot of contact with the outside world...but they know who Elvis is and some who have
"come to the mainland" brought back the means to play his music...and they have learned to sing his songs. Some people who stopped there were surprised to find pictures of Elvis on walls, and hear music from the mainland-and a lot was Elvis.
This was several years ago, I wonder how that Island has changed over time-since tourists began to go there now and then...it was only reachable if you had a large ship or cruiser with engines to get there-and many have now... the
last I heard anything about it, some people were building their "dream home" on the Island...however, recently I saw that it was in the path of some major hurricanes and wondered how "houses" would fare. The natives had round
houses made of woven palm branches and reeds...water resistant and also easily
put back if damaged. They did not have any snakes on the island and not that many big animals, like lions etc either. They had goats and sheep and chickens
that had been originally brought over years before...perfect samples of the original goat, sheep and chicken.... I'm sure that was a scientific interest...
anyway, Elvis is everywhere nearly... wjh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Wanda it is really Something the Impact Elvis has had on People, around the world that are Isolated to Most things we take for Granted. On Out of the Way Islands, but they do Know The Name Elvis and his Music. Even though they can't speak a word of English, I know Elvis was so Amazed in how People Reacted towards him. I would Love to know his Reactions to know this, what do0 you think he would say Wanda? :love:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:40 am 
Site Admin

He would probably say, "Man, never ceases to amaze me!" and then he would be very humble and not know what to say- he was always stunned by the way so many people from all over the world, would send him things, messages, letters, etc and make things for him. He kept it. Probably tons of it... and I think they at EPE have tried to save as much as they could because it meant so much to him that his fans would "take the time to do this for me" as he said many, many times. It wasn't just how they always turned out to see him perform, it was the way they stayed tuned to him and loved and cared about him and his family. He was grateful, surprised, amazed and humbled by it every day of his life. He said, I know they'll be there..." and that meant so much to him especially in those last couple of years when things were not always what he hoped he could do on those stages. He kept trying because he knew he had the fans who cared and he said, "they tell me they pray for me...lord knows I need that!"
wjh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I had a Feeling that is what Elvis would say, I Truly Believe if Elvis' Fans hadn't Been there like they were when Elvis was Feeling so Bad in Body and Knowing he couldn't be the Elvis they were use to Seeing. That he wouldn't have Lived as Long as He Did, with the Love of His Fans and with the Help of the Lord Through the Prayers his Fans Prayed Kept him Going as Long as he Could. :love:

Page 4 of 4 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4