It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis Wins Diamond Award!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

ELVIS PRESLEY
Elvis' Christmas Album just received Diamond Certification by the Recording Industry Association of America! It doesn't get any better than Diamond and this is Elvis' first. Tell us which one will go Diamond next!
Image :hug:

Post subject: Re: Elvis Wins Diamond Award!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Rose-Lyn wrote:
ELVIS PRESLEY
Elvis' Christmas Album just received Diamond Certification by the Recording Industry Association of America! It doesn't get any better than Diamond and this is Elvis' first. Tell us which one will go Diamond next!
Image :hug:

THESE ARE GREAT NEWS!! :P

It means that that Christmas Album has sold above 10.000.000 copies! 8) Certainly Elvis IS present in Christmas Time...!

Of course, we have to add what has been sold in other countries...

I have to repeat my self once more: Elvis is under our skin culturally speaking and, in fact, in our hearts to stay... noticed or not... 8) :P What a great influence...! :wink:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :hello:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Like The Song Says Ladies, How The Web was Woven When Elvis Entered Our Hearts. Because he was the Web, and he woven Himself in Our Lives I'm so Happy for Him but then a Little Sad because of him Not able to be Here and Enjoy this New Beautiful Award, but I Hope where he is he does know. :hug:

Post subject: Re: Elvis' life and Michael's are similar-
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Been watching and listening to the Michael Jackson court case in Los Angeles,
it is ironic in a sad and heartrending way to hear some of the things that are
coming out. Not so much about his life, but about what happens to those who
like Elvis and he gain such a powerful fame and career, with all that comes into it.
It isn't like anything we as regular people with "normal" lives can really or completely understand or truly appreciate because only a very, very few get to the place they occupied-and for so much of their lives at that. The greed, the desire to use these special people overwhelms some of their contacts, the money is beyond reasonable amounts though they earn it with their life blood,
and the public interest is overwhelming. They don't get much rest or peace of mind, even when things are going well, there is stress about keeping it going, about continuing to have the ability to bring fans, people out to see their shows, recordings etc, and there is the pressure of having such a great load
of people working for them, some they don't even know and maybe never meet,
but still they are being paid and the star has to make the money to pay them-
and then there is the constant pressure to be the best, to knock people out of their socks, to be the greatest entertainer ever, to remain at the height of that
mountain top. And there is all those who must talk to them, who need to see
them, one has to be at one's best constantly to make those people happy...
one must always feel good, look good, show no weaknesses and by all means
be photogenic and wear clothing well. Sleep? What is that? Elvis would say
jokingly, but he wasn't joking. There were times he was so keyed up worrying
about his career, his future, the future of his family, his little girl, and even his
ex-wife. He like Michael did the best he could, trying to have some kind of family time, tried to get away, make a place where he could relax and also he
tried to give his close friends and their families a break away from it all too- so
he took them with him on vacations, gave them gifts and bonuses and helped
in anyway he could...and he dealt with the jealously that he knew cropped up
from time to time, among those friends/employees. He said it wasn't easy to
keep them all "happy"... back then I didn't fully understand. I do now; the trial going on makes it all so very real; this is the second of our Iconic stars to be sliced in thin pieces and spread out for all to see and hear... It was
Elvis' fear, to have his little girl, "My family an' friends, an' the fans, gawd, to have to listen to the things that's goin' to be said about me, some untrue sure, some not, but still, hurtful to my family, my baby girl. Gawd, why does life have to be like this? Maybe, should have jus' kept drivin' that truck..." then he'd kind of laugh and say, "No man, no! I had a great time, life's been good an' I got to enjoy all this, no one's had the life I've had, it's been great! An' my fans, love 'em all, ever one-jus' wish there was some way I could spend some time jus' talkin' with 'em and bein' easy about it."
He knows now that he did do that talking, we are easy about it for the most part and we still love him. Michael's long time fans will always love and care
about him, his memory will shine, nothing will ever take that away from them, or from him, and hard as it is, this trial and the press will bring him new fans, you can't destroy the two men's specialness. Mainly it is called, "Love"...a simple little four letter word that says' it all; they spread that everywhere they went and we love our fellas who were bigger than life...who gave everything they
had to keep us happy, entertained and caring about them. God bless the fans and the Jackson family members, especially now when they have to listen and watch those "thin slices" being laid out for all to see.
Love to all,
wjh

Post subject: Re: Elvis' life and Michael's are similar-
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
God bless the fans and the Jackson family members, especially now when they have to listen and watch those "thin slices" being laid out for all to see.
Love to all,
wjh

AMEN!

The soul's light finally shines bright its truth through lesser thoughts and words... It's like a lightful foam floating upon denser liquids, which simply go to the bottom of nowhere... :roll:

By the way, we must be sure of what we ask for... because it can be given to us and some are not ready to experience it and simply break down, like some young singers and actors/actress that get caught in drugs very early in life. I believe that Elvis endured in a quite honorable way, giving sooo much more in return!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]