It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis Still the King of Fashion!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Earlier in January, EPE announced licensing deals with fashion stores Benetton, H&M, Dolce & Gabbana and Hot Topic, the new Vogue Fashion Magazine takes it a step further, and shows the 2012 collection of topdesigners Versace, Balmain and John Richmond, all insprired by the King's great 1973 Aloha From Hawaii American Eagle jumpsuit :hug:

Post subject: Re: Elvis Still the King of Fashion!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

They should design some suits made like the brown one that Elvis wore off stage-with no shirt! He looked wonderful, thousands of women still recall that guy in that suit- with no shirt! He did have a concho belt on, he was wearing
jewelry (of course), the suit had one button to hold it closed, and he looked lean, mean and very, very cool! I remember hearing the word "Rad" not too long ago in describing that look on him, then another one that said he was "sizzling" and that description came from just looking at a picture of him in it!
I saw him a few feet away, in person and he was wearing THAT suit minus a
shirt, up in the hallway where his rooms were at the New International Hotel. He
was meeting people, shaking hands and speaking with the few who were allowed
out into the hall. There was a gold rope draped between standup pillars to keep
people in a small line, and back from him until it was their turn. He stood out in
front of the doorway to the suite that was a couple or so floors below where the big penthouse at the top of the building was being finished. I have to say that he was absolutely handsome, laughing, joking and giving out a few hugs and kisses during the time I was watching. He looked so happy, his eyes shone,
danced and he was glowing from head to toe... I would give a couple years
of my future life just to relive that day again... and I know I'm not alone on that one! It is so true that we do not really know how to cherish those special memories when they are occurring, only after they have passed and are out of reach in real time, do they become precious memories.
wjh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, thank you for sharing your precious memories. I think I have seen photos of Elvis wearing that brown suit without shirt. He looked so beautiful, I see it in my mind just now.

You say: " I would give a couple years
of my future life just to relive that day again... It is so true that we do not really know how to cherish those special memories when they are occurring, only after they have passed and are out of reach in real time, do they become precious memories."

So true, many times I feel the same.
Yesterday I read again in your book "We remeber Elvis" when you describe the scene when you and Elvis met alone for the last time. Reading this was like I was watching the scene and went through many emotions, also shedding tears.

It is good when we use our God given power of memory to re-live beautiful moments, and avoid to remember the bad ones.

Have a nice day :hello:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Sarena, we sure do have to sometimes shovel the emotional fall out (tears)
with a scoop shovel at times... and for me, writing that book nearly 28 years later, and revisiting the memory of that last time together was one continuous breakdown, never cried so much in my life-could barely see to type or read and went through every paper towel in the house and started on the stored bathroom tissue! I looked like I
was on a big drinking binge I guess, it was pretty awful. Starla and Jimmie
tried to stay out of my way and especially out of the "vault" as they began
calling my little office room. They said I "growled" if they came near the door-
but I don't remember doing that???? however time was like warped for a while
there until I finally began to morph back into real time.
Now I enjoy remembering the best parts, like watching him wearing that soft warm brown suit and those sparkling eyes and happy smiling face...and hearing him giggle at times too.
Believe me, I saw some females looking shell shocked when their time was up
and they had to move on-a few needed a little help! You know, most of the men though there were few of them, seemed a little dazed and amazed too.
I would give several weeks off my life today just to go back for that one hour
and a half even though most of it was spent waiting in line!The view was wonderful- a treasured"moment in time".
wjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 am 
Flame

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I To would have been another in Line, like the Rest of you Ladies. But like Wanda Said just having even a Minute to See that Gorgeous Face, in Person would have been Heaven. I to would have had to have had a whole lot of Tissues, and I wouldn't have been able to Move! :hug:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:13 pm 
Flame

This's the documentary "Fit for a king" with Bill Belew and Gene Douchette, you had made all Elvis jumpsuits over the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAbVow49 ... AD&index=1

You'll all love it for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Another Great Video Thank You Liliane! :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]