It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is an Elvis Hologram show next ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 am 
Flame

Is an Elvis Hologram show next?: Last weekend Tupac Shakur played the Coachella Valley Music (shown below) even though he died in 1996. A hologram of the rapper appeared on stage and performed two songs alongside his still-living contemporaries Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. At the end of the act, hologram Tupac exploded into an impressive light display.

The performance was the result of a four-month collaboration between Dr. Dre’s production company and two hologram-imaging companies.
Previously a digital Frank Sinatra sang at Simon Cowell’s 50th birthday party in 2009 and a digital Black Eyed Peas also performed at a French awards show in 2011 costing several hundred thousand dollars. The extra work built into this recent project likely means that Tupac cost a bit more. Still, that’s much less than the well-over $1 million that a living, breathing festival headliner would have demanded from concert promoters.

This concept has been thought about by the Elvis estate and of course there is plenty of genuine Elvis footage that can be used to create authentic 3D performances.
Back in 2007 a 3D image of Elvis was used on American Idol using digital merging rotoscoping, which traced Presley from the original footage by cutting him out.”
So how long will it be before Elvis Presley will be performing the 'Elvis In Concert' shows in 3D?

EIN cannot wait!

(News, Source;ElvisInfoNetwork)

Post subject: Re: Is an Elvis Hologram show next ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Liliane Thanks for Sharing this, I think I would have to see what they have in mind before I could say How it is. What do you Think? :love:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

I am all for that as long as it is done well and not something silly and trite...unless it is supposed to show his sense of humor that is. I have always thought it ought to be done...can you imagine having a hologram of Elvis projected into one's own living room someday??? I think it would be super fantastic...hey they
do it at Knotts Berry Farm and Disneyland!!! Not Elvis but holograms of ghostly
people dancing etc...and scary creatures also. So why not make it available
as entertainment for us'ns? Yeah, Elvis "live" in "living color"...yep, bring it on!
wjh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:46 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Woooww...! That would be an excellent product to sell! Just imagine it... to have Elvis hologram at home, standing near your bed, talking or singing specially for you...! (In fact, I believe he is already doing it, but we can't see him most of times... :roll: :P)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:20 pm 
Dragon

A hologram Elvis? What in the world will EPE come up with next? I think they should just let the idea die a very quick death.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

TONY! you're back! Nice to hear from you again-
Well, they did a performance with another deceased performer recently and used the hologram for it and I have to say what little was shown on tv that guy looked like he was right there! Things have improved so much and they can do wonders with such things now days...and there is so much film footage of Elvis there would be plenty to put together. I think it would be something the many people who had no chance to see him performing live would enjoy the realism of such a performance...next best thing to actually having seen
his shows...and all they would ever have to see him "live". I know there are some concert footage and the documentary shows he did, however they could take
songs and performances from all the footage and mix them up to look like a
totally different performance. I always thought it would be really great to have
something like that to watch instead of just the television and videos... of course,
we saw the real thing on stage, but memories tend to fade somewhat with age.
It is amazing that there are little kids barely 5 years old who just love Elvis
and they grow up still loving him- they would love viewing his shows via the hologram images-it is more like real life. And you know, what wonderful tech stuff we have now will be like the 70's 80's is to today's young adults to them. Things are changing so fast...I mean I'm a 50's teenager grown old and I freak
out at the new, modern high tech stuff being used today! Most is all "greek" to me!
Take care Tony Trout, stay cool.
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:21 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Tony it is very Super Great to See You here at ELC, today with us. I think it would be Neat, if its Done in Good Taste. But I'm saying too much until I see it :hug:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 am 
Flame

This's the education video of the song "If I can dream" with Elvis and Celine Dion

http://youtu.be/o8zR2nDdzYM

This's the complete video of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zthvHo4WMng&feature=fvst

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]