It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis tune reveals clues to Williams syndrome
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm 
Flame

Elvis tune reveals clues to Williams syndrome and the genes tied to emotions: Listening to certain songs, particularly some from The King, caused a spike in certain hormones. These findings may also influence treatments for autism and anxiety.

Even the toughest of hearts might melt at the sound of Elvis Presley crooning his classic song, “Love Me Tender.”

Now a new study shows that when people with the genetic disorder Williams syndrome listen to that song or others, they experience changes in levels of the hormones associated with feelings of love.
The findings provide clues about the genes that are tied to people's emotions, the researchers say. Researchers observed 21 people while they listened to music, and took blood samples to track levels of the hormones oxytocin and arginine vasopressin (AVP). The 13 participants with Williams syndrome — a genetic disorder that can bring developmental delays and mild mental retardation, along with an overly friendly and trusting personality — experienced a spike in both hormones when music played.
Individuals without the condition saw little change to their oxytocin and AVP levels while listening.

One woman with Williams syndrome experienced significantly higher spikes in the hormones, compared with everyone else in the study; in the experiment, she listened to the Elvis tune.

The results could help researchers treat people who have this disorder and others that share some features with Williams syndrome, such as post-traumatic stress disorder and autism, said study researcher Julie Korenberg, of the University of Utah. The research provides insight to the relationship between genes and emotions, and links AVP levels to music for the first time, she said.
People with Williams syndrome have several genes missing from their seventh chromosome. They tend to be very friendly and have an affinity for music, but also are likely to have IQs as low as 60 and experience several health concerns, such as narrow blood vessels and high levels of calcium.

People with the condition often lack the ability to read social cues, despite their desire for friendship. Their disposition may be the result of high levels of oxytocin and AVP, according to the researchers.
At the start of the experiment, before any music was played, blood samples showed that people with Williams syndrome had three times the amount of oxytocin as people in the control group. Results from the hormone tests showed that the people with Williams syndrome experienced marked increases in hormone levels while listening to music.

The research "points to surprising, entirely unsuspected deleted genes involved in regulation of these hormones and human sociability,” Korenberg said.

"It also suggests that the simple characterization of oxytocin as ‘the love hormone’ may be an overreach. The data paint a far more complicated picture."

Understanding the relationship between genes, hormones and emotions will be key in treating Williams syndrome, but may also have implications for treating disorders such as autism and anxiety, the researchers said.

The study was published June 12 in the journal PLoS One.

(News, Source: MyHealthNewsDaily, mmn.com)

Source: Elvis Info net

Post subject: Re: Elvis tune reveals clues to Williams syndrome
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: This is So Nice and Neat to Read in this Great Article you have Shared with us Liliane, how Elvis' Music is Helping These People and I know Elvis would be So Humbled, and Happy that His Music is Opening the Minds of these People. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Rose Lynn, I agree!!!!!! :D :hello:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Woow...! It's amazing that another research indicates how Elvis voice may affect people emotional-physically! How I wish I could find that article that signaled how his voice reached the Golden Proportion and how it had a healing effect...! I've tried internet several times but I can't find it. :roll:

THANK YOU so much, Liliane.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda, Maia posted this a long time ago:

[quote]I believe that Elvis was operating on this frequency when he sang.

Quote:
I was listening to Tom Kenyons Ghandarva Experiment. The Ghandarva are the celestial range of beings that sing to god source of pure unconditional love. It has nothing to do with how good we sound as they are repeled by ego, it has to do with how we feel while singing. Tom says that love is a highly coherent energy pattern. Our heart has 7 layers of muscle each emitting an electromagnetic frequency. They are shaped like donuts called tutorus, 7 concentric rings that nest within each other to musical ratios, harmonic ratios. When we experience love it is shown that these rings open up and expand, while experiencing the incoherent pattens of fear they close and pull in.

Manford Climes (hope I spelled his name right) a concert pianist from Austrailia discovered he could make people cry just from the pressure exuded on his keys…not so much the piece of music. So he did tests and discovered that the emotion of love has a ratio of 1.618 = golden ratio that is based on pressure of the musical tone played by the duration of which it is played. The pressure waves of certain emotions are universal and called he called them Ascentic Form.

This golden ratio is found through ancient temples and art, shells, galaxies, the spiral of our DNA.

When we experience love and gratitude our DNA becomes more orderly and stronger. Earthshaking news for medicine as the more love we feel the healthier we become. The Golden Mean Ratio 1.618 Is a high degree of order that is repeated in different levels of creation which is why the celestial beings are attracted to it. This Love Ratio is like food for them. So the pressure we can exude on the heart to emit this Ratio is through our voice by connecting with the feeling of unconditional love. Another way is by touch, it affects our very blood pressure being hugged with love it envokes this love ratio and we feel better.

It's not the article you searched, but interesting anyway! :hug: :hello:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wooow...! THANK YOU so much, dear friend! :love:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]