It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Growing Up Graceland' New Film project
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:33 pm 
Flame

'Growing Up Graceland' New Film project: Over the last 40-plus years, there have been hundreds of films and books about the late King of Rock N’Roll -- Elvis Presley. Is it possible that another film about the iconic music legend’s life that fans have never seen before can now be done? Apparently so. LA's BiteSize Ent, has optioned the rights to David E. Stanley and Dr. David Gruder’s book 'Conversations with the King: Journals of a Young Apprentice' and will adapt the book into a feature filmtitled "Growing Up Graceland." The film will be produced through BiteSize’s feature film production arm, led by Academy Award® winning producer Gene Kirkwood ("Rocky," "New York, New York," "Gorky Park") and Ross Elliot. "Growing Up Graceland" will be based on David Stanley’s seventeen-year spiritual journey with his stepbrother and mentor Elvis Presley. Stanley moved into Graceland when he was four-years old and Presley quickly became his father figure and mentor. Growing up to become one of Presley’s most trusted aides; David witnessed Presley’s extraordinary behind-the-scenes gifts that few ever talked about. He was also one of the only people Elvis confided in about his spiritual search for meaning during the final years of his life. "We plan on home growing this movie. Plans are to shoot some of it in Nashville and some in Memphis," reveals Gene Kirkwood during a recent visit to Nashville. "And we’ll be using a lot of the local people here too. But this will be somewhat of a small movie, similar to how we did the original Rocky movie—with a lot of unknowns. Plans are to use an unknown actor for the lead role of Elvis. This will be the role of a lifetime for some lucky young actor!

I’ve always wanted to do an Elvis movie but I could never find the exact project until now". Mr. Kirkwood says he’s very pleased with the overall script, which took 6 months to complete. But the story is not really from Elvis’ point of view. He says, "It’s David’s, from his point of view of his years of living at Graceland. After meeting David, reading his book, and listening to his stories, I realized there is another side of the Elvis phenomenon… a bigger story… and one that has never been told," said Kirkwood. "My family moved from living on a military base in Germany to Graceland in March 1960. I was four-years-old and when I walked up the steps of the Graceland mansion, this was a true fairytale for me," recalls author David Stanley. "The beautiful part of this story is when my mom, myself and my two brothers first moved to Graceland, Elvis was just so accepting of us. I had just lost my dad thru a divorce and I was an angry little kid. I didn’t understand what divorce was. But Elvis spent a lot of time trying to explain to me that my dad still really loved me." According to film producer Kirkwood and author Stanley, the Growing Up Graceland movie will show the world another side of Elvis the fans have never seen before. "I’m tired of hearing all of the stories of how Elvis died. This movie will be different. This will be a family oriented film. It’s almost like a Christmas story from The Waltons. I feel really great about working on this project." Growing Up Graceland will be released sometime next year.

(News, Source;NP/ElvisInfoNet)

Post subject: Re: Growing Up Graceland' New Film project
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting this! I sure hope that they will stick to their comments and stay away from the "gory details" so many think they have to blurt about and portray. And heaven help us, I hope they choose a fella that can play Elvis as he was and not how someone thinks it was/he was. So often they are either ugly and crude or ugly and stupid and very silly looking trying to be Elvis. I am a little unsure as to trust David Stanley though...his view and how it was has been tainted by his own drug use. And he was seen doing those things...Also Elvis worried about him and tried to keep those boys straight; it's just too bad that no one really knew how ill Elvis was, all those years he fought with his own body and did all he did too, and kept his own pain quiet and hidden...even from family members for the most part. I will pray that this time David will stick to the promise not to trash his brother by marriage and upbringing. I hope he will remain true to the promise this time...
wjh

Post subject: Re: Growing Up Graceland' New Film project
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:03 pm 
Sun Dial

I'm Very Worried about all of this, I will Pray also that this isn't just Another Trash and Drag Elvis Through the Mud Once Again. I wonder if Lisa is Aware of What David is Doing, Lisa and Now Ben to Will Defend Elvis to the End so I So Hope This Movie Doesn't turn into a Big War!

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]