It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis Presley Historical and Cultural Perspective
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:04 pm 
Flame

'Elvis Presley Historical and Cultural Perspectives On A Modern Icon' New E-Book: A new book by author Ben Griffin, not about Elvis' music but his impact on society. The author notes, "I was never a huge fan of music but I became interested in Presley when I heard a radio show about him over twenty years after his death. Presley was called a white man who sounded black on this radio show. I thought that was very interesting and it got me started. Presley's controversial days are over, rock 'n' roll is part of the culture now and being a rock star, well, rocks."

Elvis Presley has made a mark in history beyond his lifetime. While not a giant historical figure on the scale of Plato. Julius Caesar, Washington, Napoleon or Stalin, he still commands attention. Presley has a legacy that is still controversial as a man who rose up and made it to the top of his field, rock 'n' roll music.

Presley has a cultural legacy in the English language with expressions that few other artists have. He is part of the culture in ways that go beyond the music. Rock music in the 1950s spurred social change and Presley was not the first, but permitted others to follow.

The book features chapters on, 'Elvis And The English Language', 'Elvis And The Historical English Software', 'Elvis And Henry Ford', 'Elvis And The Beatles', 'Elvis And The Presidents' and more.

(News, Source;ElvisInfoNet)

Post subject: Re: Elvis Presley Historical and Cultural Perspective
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:55 am 
Site Admin

This should be very interesting! Elvis had so many facets to his personality and abilities, there is just no end to of things to specify and write about, his career and life though short, was such an impact on the world. The most amazing of all, and what he would never have believed, is that his presence here has become more strong and obvious than even he could fathom or have thought. He is one of those iconic figures, he'll be "around" for as long as humans have ears and eyes!
wjh

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 pm 
Sun Dial

:D Every Time I see a New Book coming out about Elvis, I think will here goes Some of the Same Lies. But I can't Believe it this New Book didn't say One Thing about Elvis Dieing from Abusing Prescription Drugs, or any of the Other Untruths that have Been Written. :hug:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I know what you mean about the facts being "ignored by so many".
Our Angeleyes will be gone for about a month, she's trying hard to post about
Hawaii before she head out on vacation. So if she does get some posts up
there, don't reply to them until the series is all finished and on ELC. It messes
up her posting when we reply between segments.
Thanks; boy we will miss her...she's put in a lot time posting these things-and
they are so long and nice to read now with so much other kinds of stuff out there in the land. Nice stuff is great news!
Love always,
wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]