It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: World leaders visit Graceland
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:51 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

The President, Mrs. Bush, & the Japanese Prime Minister to visit Graceland June 30.

The following was on the EPE website (www.elvis.com):

Quote:
For Immediate Release June 13, 2006

STATEMENT BY THE PRESS SECRETARY

Visit of Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi of Japan
to Memphis, Tennessee

The President and Mrs. Bush will accompany Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi of Japan to Memphis, Tennessee on June 30, 2006, the day following the Prime Minister’s visit to the White House. The two leaders will visit Graceland Mansion, home of the Presley Family. The President and Mrs. Bush look forward to introducing the Prime Minister to the beauty and warm hospitality of the people of the Volunteer State.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:21 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

And who is going to be there to meet and greet those special guests, I think it might be "our cilla" :P :roll:

And what if those big shots want to see the upstairs where The Kind died, is she going to refuse that too.

For us the tourists, there are strict limitations what to do and what not to do.

We are not allowed to touch anything and the ropes are always there but I bet she will close an eye for Mister President :wink:

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:56 pm 
I KNOW ELVIS HAD ALOT OF RESPECT FOR THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT AND HE LOVED THIS COUNTRY AND FOR WHAT IT STANDS FOR, BUT I KNOW WHAT HE TOLD WANDA ABOUT THE VEITNAIM WAR TO AND IF HE WERE THERE WHEN THIS PRES. CAME TO VISIT, I THINK BUSH WOULD PROBALY HEAR JUST WHAT ELVIS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE SITUATION NOW. I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED UPSTAIRS! :x WE DON'T NEED ANY TRASHY STUFF COMING FROM JAPAN. WE HAVE ENOUGH RIGHT HERE! :evil: BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is official Priscilla AND Lisa Marie will be there to greet and meet the president and the first minister of Japan.

I'm glad Lisa is there too, really.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:33 pm 
I'm sure , she will see to it that nothing happens which she wouldn't agree upon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm glad Lisa will be there. Had a feeling she would because this really is quite an honor to have heads of state visit Graceland. This will make the national & international news too.

The Japanese Prime Minister is actually a huge fan of Elvis. It makes my heart happy to hear this because in a few short weeks the non-Elvis world is going to know this and they may be inspired to check out Elvis & his music.

I put this link on another post but feel it would do well to have it here also. It is about the Japanese PM's affection for Elvis: http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/article ... sfan.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:58 pm 
I'm happy that lisa will be there and yes prime minister of Japan is a big fan of elvis presley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I like the idea of Japan P.Minister to visit the house but don't like Bush to step in that holy place.. :roll: :evil: well, why can't he wait outside..Please Elvis!.. do something funny .. :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

Well, let us remember that Baby Bush DID meet Elvis when they were both honored by the Jay Cees. Bush made a very postive statement to the press about him at the time...so maybe that will get him at least into the Graceland foyer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:47 pm 
I remember that lisa marie said in an interview that she didn't vote for him
and that she never would vote for him but i guess the prime minister of japan really wanted to go there and Bush invited I didn't like the idea of see bush there either

Page 1 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next