It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:07 am 
YES I'M SO GLAD THAT LISA IS THERE, AND LIKE LIGHTHOUSESEEKER SAID. MAYBE ELVIS WELL LET BUSH KNOW JUST HOW HE FEELS WHILE HE IS THERE, AND NO I DID NOT VOTE FOR BUSH EITHER. I DON'T KNOW IF ANYBODY AS BEEN HEARING ABOUT THE INVESTIGATION THEY ARE DOING, ABOUT THOSE MARINES KILLING EVERYONE IN THAT VILLAGE IN IRAQ. WELL I WAS READING IN MY BIBLE THIS MORNING, AND THIS IS WHAT I READ: THIS IS IN HABAKKUK SECOND CHAPTER VERSE 8- 10 -IT READS BECAUSE YOU HAVE PLUNDERED MANY NATIONS, FOR YOU HAVE SHED MAN'S BLOOD YOU HAVE DESTORYED LANDS AND CITIES AND EVERYONE IN THEM. WOE TO HIM WHO BULIDS HIS REALM BY UNJUST GAIN TO SET HIS NEST ON HIGH, TO ESCAPE THE CLUCHES OF RUIN! YOU HAVE PLOTTTED RUIN OF MANY PEOPLES. WHEN I READ THIS MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS BUSH, AND WHAT HE AS DONE IN IRAQ AND AFGANISTAN. FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS! BARB! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have concerns about Bush as well. Not too happy that the U.S. southern border is not protected adequately and feel this has been done on purpose so that a North American Union will be established, with the eventual loss of U.S. sovereignty. But am getting too political here.

Whether one likes Bush or not, I still think it is an honor to have the president come to Graceland. Even if Lisa Marie did not vote for Bush, as a previous poster has said, I would still think she & Priscilla would be humbled by the presence of these heads of state coming to visit their home. I know I would, whether I voted for the Prez or not. And the visit of the Prez & Japanese PM really honors & shines the light on Elvis.

I don't know much at all about the Japanese PM but because he's such a big Elvis fan, I like him already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:32 am 
O I CERTAINLY AGREE WITH YOU LAURIE, IT IS WAY OVER DUE FOR THE RIGHT KIND OF POSTIVE LIGHT TO BE SHONE ON ELVIS AND GRACELAND. I COULDN'T THINK OF A BETTER WAY EITHER WITH THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA, AND THE PRIME MINISTER OF JAPAN, AND HIM BEING SUCH A FAN TO. COMING TO GRACELAND AND MEETING ELVIS'S DAUGHTER. FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS! BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Just a reminder that President Bush & Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi will be visiting Graceland tomorrow, Friday, June 30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

In the News here in Germany it is mentioned over and over today that the Japanese Prime minister is a huge Elvis fan. I`m really delighted that this rather private "thing" is given such an attention!!
Lot of publicity for our Elvis !
Let`s see how it will be reported in the News this evening! :D

Christine

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:06 pm 
http://voanews.com/english/2006-06-30-voa43.cfm

riley(nadine)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

USA Today mentions that Koizumi & Bush were not allowed to see the upstairs, so that is worthy of note.

The article also says that Elvis died of heart disease & drug abuse, so the erroneous myth of Elvis dying of drug abuse marches on. Some day I hope it will stop.

But the visit was still very good for honoring & keeping Elvis' memory alive. I understand that PM Koizumi has put out his own CD of his favorite Elvis songs.

The USA Today link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... htm?csp=24

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:56 pm 
Owl

sorry i put this in other topic:
well i'm from Chile and i'm glad that the visit of the japan's prime minister at graceland were covered but all the media here i saw on BBC , CNN and CNN on spanish it was great plus he look like a real fan of elvis and lisa marie look great and really happy there when the prime minister sang love me tender and I can't help falling in love plus he look really happy there and said his dream was came true and priscilla showed i think his wallet for what i see and they had lunch together , i noticed that priscilla or lisa marie pay attention to Bush but they were polite with him and his wife but i read in an old magazine that lisa marie didn't like him that much and she said she didn't vote for him but i think Elvis would be really proud of this visit to his home.
About lisa marie pregnant i don't think she is , but sometimes she touch her stomach or put her hands there.
Also i always noticed that lisa marie even when she is a grow up woman she need her mother there cause when the president and minister arrived you can see that lisa took her mother's hand and hold , And she always do that to find i guess support .

And i'm glad that they didn't go upstair

Post subject: Prime Minister and Bush
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:56 am 
Site Admin

I thought the PM was so cute...and he had the moves too! He truly is a fan, he knew so many songs and he knew how Elvis moved on stage-and he liked those big glasses-they were as like Elvis' as he could get no doubt. I think he had fun and Bush probably felt really out of place! Elvis wouldn't have liked him-either. Bush was trying to be included and he might as well have been swept under the rug because the PM stole the show there! I couldn't get over Pris' hair-it kind of looks like someone dumped a bucket of half mixed red paint over her head and let it run in streaks. And what's with the hair flipping fiddling thing? Lisa doesn't do that-Lisa took her moms hand to give her mother encouragement I think...I wonder if Pris is doing okay...I didn't get a good feeling looking at her-her face is so pale and puffy and she looks like she's not feeling very well. I would not want to see Lisa left alone again. I hope Pris will live a long time yet for Lisa's sake.
I am going to send the PM one of the books when I get them. I think he will just love it. And I will say it is from all the members of ELC and from Elvis' heart to his and thank him for coming to Graceland and for honoring Elvis with his visit. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:12 am 
WANDA THAT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL TO DO THAT, AND I HAD A VERY GOOD FEELIMNG THAT ELVIS WOULDN'T HAVE VOTED FOR BUSH EITHER. I KNOW I DIDN'T! I COMMENTED ON THE VISIT IN THE PHOTO SECTION. BARB!

Page 2 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next