It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis: Sightings and Faith
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

An interesting article. It seems that in trying to understand how and why Elvis moves our Spirit, some have decided to worship him. However, this is a predictable side-effect of bright lights in the world who have passed from this mortal coil. Look at the Egyptian "gods" - most of them were originally exceptional human beings, but human nonetheless. Well, most of the were "star seeds" but then so was Elvis. Humans from other planets are still "human."

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/sightingsfaith.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:03 pm 
O MOST DEFINTLY SUE, JUST LIKE HIM BEING THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL. I THINK WE ALL HAVE HEARD WHAT ELVIS THOUGHT AND FELT ABOUT THIS, AND HE WAS VERY, VERY PLAIN WITH HIS THOUGHTS ON THIS. ELVIS WAS NOT JESUS, OR GOD, AND HE WOULDN'T WHAT HIMSELF TO BE MADE INTO SOMETHING TO WORSHIP. IT PLAINLY STATES IN THE BIBLE ABOUT IMAGE AND IDOL WORHIPING, AND ELVIS WAS JUST A VERY SEPCIAL HUMAN BEING AND THAT WAS IT. FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS! BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

No, he wouldn't be happy with the worship thing at all. Image

But it does show us how the humanity our spiritual icons become lost to us. Humanity IS a form of divinity in my book, so by keeping Elvis human we are allowing a balance of his true divine nature to shine forth through our memories of him.

Post subject: elvis' worship
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I think Elvis would hate that people used him as a drug or a way to run away from their problems. :roll: And to make him bigger than life.

In the documentary "He Touched Me", one of his back singers says that once Elvis asked him to sing a solo on stage with him. After that the singer said to Elvis something like "Why me? I am nobody and you are such a big star..." Elvis hugged him and said: "I am not so big, I'm only six feet two".

I do believe his spiritual energy is there, not outside from us, but there, as everything is just one thing, all conscience is one whole conscience and it is our limited perception that makes separations on it. We need to integrate references to wider our perception, we "feel" Elvis and know well his identificable quality, so we can stirr ourselves to him and from him, we can go "higher and wider and deeper". Or what else. Love is the ship for this travel but it is also the sea.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Elvis' worship 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Now that I'm so determinated to say exactly what I think about it all, let me add:

I DO BELIEVE THAT SINCE EVERYTHING IS GOD, WE ARE EXPRESSIONS OF GOD IN THIS REALITY, SHOWING THE MULTIPLICITY OF CREATION.

AND THAT WE ARE CO-CREATORS OF REALITY! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

AMEN! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda, you expressed this truth so beautifully! I`m ALSO very happy that you joined this our Elvis-forum!! :lol:

Christine

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Sue and Christine! :D

But you better don't encourage me, because I'm already hooked. :roll:

And I have a home and a garden to take care of, a 93 1/2 years old mother living with me, and a whole lot of people -patients and no patients- who are resenting some lesser attention paid to them.

My mother LOVES Elvis. I take her for a walk by car by the empty roads in the mountains, where all you see is beauty, "toros", hundreds of them beautifully spreaded by the green (you know, bulls for bullfighting. Of course I don't like it. But they are lovely to see in open space.) We see also those spanish horses around (Wanda :!: ) so incredible. And a lot of animals. Elvis is always with us, with his music. My mother says that she does not need anything else, that she is happy hearing his wonderful voice and don't want to return home, not to stop listening to him.

She also says: "Why had he to die?!" and "I would have to meet him when I was young". "And when I ask her what she would do to him, she answers: "To be all day long looking at him...". She sees his movies at home but don't want to watch his shows because she suffers seing him on stage doing his thing with "so much effort". She already knows that he was sick. Only want to see the 68 Comeback and says: "How handsome!" :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda, how beautiful about your mother! Give her OUR LOVE from the ELC Forums.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks, Sue!. :D

So little time has passed by (it was June 18-19) and yet so many things we were talking about have developed and consolidated. Just imagine what may come in front!

Great, is it not? :P

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]