It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:29 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Of course some of Elvis' movies are better than others, but I really liked "It Happened at the World's Fair". I loved the on screen chemistry between Elvis & the little Chinese girl. Thought it was just precious.

In 1979 Kurt Russel potrayed Elvis in a movie about his life. I have never seen this movie and wondered how it compared to other movies made about Elvis.
I think Kurt is a fan of Elvis because he also played an Elvis or Elvis-like character in another more recent movie. Didn't see it but rings a bell; something about "Memphis" in the title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:32 am 
WASN'T THAT LITTLE GIRL IN GIRLS! GIRLS! GIRLS! TO? REMEMBER WHEN ELVIS AND THAT GIRL GOES TO VISIT THAT CHINESE COUPLE, AND THOSE 2 LOITTLE CHINESE GIRLS SING AND DO THAT LITTLE DANCE WITH ELVIS? I THINK ONE OF THEM GIRLS WAS THE SAME ONE. BARB!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I loved the on screen chemistry between Elvis & the little Chinese girl. Thought it was just precious.

I agree with you, Laurie and Sue. That's mustly the reason why I play this movie often I do love seeing Elvis with children. (About the actress working the principal role with him, I always thought that was "out of place" there, no chemistry between them. He had a lot more with the child). 8)

Barb, I think that you are right, that they are the same little girl.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:58 pm 
I ALSO AGREE ABOUT THE WOMEN THAT PLAYED CO-STAR IN THIS MOVIE, IT SEEMS TO ME SHE LOKED ALOT OLDER THEN ELVIS. NOW DON'T GEWT ME WRONG I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT AGE IS JUST A NUMBER, BUT SHE JUST DIDN'T SEEM THE RIGHT TYPE FOR ELVIS. BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:28 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, Sue, I share with you that with your invitation to comment co-stars, something... can start.

The one I liked best was Hope Lange, co-starring in "Wild in the Country". To me, she was a great actress, of course. But the relation between them in that movie, suggested a profound level in it, nothing to do with the usual relationship the various scripts promoted, based in physical atraction, "one minute" love, seldom showing two souls touching and linking. (Just now comes to my mind the logo Elvis proposed to Maia).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:30 pm 
I LIKED MARLYN MANSON AND SHELLEY FABRAE' AS MY FIRST PICKS AS FAVORITE CO-ACTORS. BUT I ALSO LIKED ANN-MARGRET TO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

In IT HAPPENED AT THE WORLD'S FAIR - the very last song, "Happy Ending": did you ever notice that right at the last, when actress Joan O'Brien is supposed to sing about two words between Elvis's singing, she MISSES HER CUE by a second or two and Elvis has the most amused yet tender look on his face! I think it is so cute! Not at all is he making fun of Joan, just a "common, honey you can do it and if you don't I still like it!"

Most of the actresses who played opposite him I never saw before or since on the screen! I think they must have just been chosen for the lowest priced and WILLING actresses they could find!

Of course there were a few exceptions, AM being to me THE only one who was worthy of being his co-star in that she was so GIFTED and matched him so well. The script and songs were pretty bland, but boy, did they heat it up anyway!

ART BY BETTY HARPER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes Sue, Barbara (Change of Habit) is for me, the most vibrating and lifeful of the three ladies. She shows the joy and strengh of spirituallity brought to action. Beyond institutionalized religion or any other trend. A free spirit.

I appreciate very much these people that dare to try to bring their ideals to this reality, assuming risks or whatever might happen. They open the way for others and are very much needed in present times.

Life must be reinvented, because the major part of what we are living now has became obsolete and disfunctional. And to be able to do that, one has to free him/herself from any internal binding first.

Happy that you are that kind of person, Sue!

Post subject: Change of Habit
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I liked Barbara's (in Change of Habit) free spirit as well. But during the sit down strike at the store, I thought somewhat less of her character because it came across to me as more of an ego thing.
She demanded to be arrested and was disappointed when she wasn't. I wasn't picking up concern for the downtroddened in that scene but more ego & self-righteousness. However, except for that one scene, I appreciated her spirit.

I thought Mary Tyler Moore & Elvis had good on screen chemistry in that movie. MTM says she believes she was miscast, but I found her believable as a nun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:06 pm 
I WAS SURPRISED THAT MARY-TYLER MOORE DIDN'T HAVE SOMETHIGN BAD TO SAY ABOUT ELVIS, I THOUGHT SHE WAS THE LOOK DOWN YOUR NOSE TYPE OF PERSON. I WELL HAVE TO SEE IF I CAN FIND IT, BUT I HAVE A PICTURE OF ELVIS AND THE GIRL WHO PLAYED BARBARA, I HAVE TO SAY HERE I USELY DREAM IT IS ME IN THE MOVIE! BUT I HAVE A PICTURE OF HER AND ELVIS TALKING ON THE SIDE LINES. SO WHEN I FIND THEM I WELL POST THEM. FAIRYTALE!

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next