It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Guide to the Light ..... part 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:22 am 
There is much more positive feedback on Elvis now than I remember there was at one time. Sure, you still get some negative garbage but, for the most part, it has changed for the better and Elvis as an entertainer is given a fair deal more credit than he used to be which is positive and uplifting.

Why, some even know now of the gospel and spiritual side of Elvis Presley and don't seem to be prepared to mock or undermine him as a person. Any change for the better is great.

Meanwhile, for those of us who love this man dearly, please consider ....

The legacy of wonderful entertainment he has left us, the music and memories, the friendships and chances we all have to meet over the world, 'family reunions' at Graceland each year, so many things.

"If I Can Dream" is still so powerful a song and when you saw Elvis performing it he poured out his heart and soul. This is a worldwide anthem for those of us who love him, so many times I've had the chance to be amongst thousands at the Candlelight Vigil during Elvis Week and it surely is one of the most moving and touching ceremonies.

Sure there is spirituality in it's truest and most real sense and that is great, useful and REAL, inspirational and is of help to all whenever we should wish to seek it.

However, in worldwide religion there is the capacity for false prophets, leaders and gurus. One only has to look and know of the extreme and fundamentalist forms of religion which can lead to hate, terror, greed, terrorist activity, you name it. The 'teachers' who preach all manner of evil and hate and let's not forget, we all have been witness to the worst forms of this by way of media each day of our lives. I'm not naming examples but I am sure you understand my words here.

Yet, for all the mud and garbage slung at him over the years, Elvis remains for us an inspiration, made the world a better place for being and living in it. Whether he realised it or not (and I hope he did even at the end) he fulfilled his purpose in life and brought happiness, love and a knowledge of God/Jesus and all forms of spirituality by his example in life as a human being. A teacher in Spirit to this day and yes, still, a guide to the Light!

With love,

Sue/White Swan, England

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

ABSOLUTELY! This is why Wanda and I are so excited about the re-write and re-released of WE REMEMBER, ELVIS (coming VERY soon!)

Also, hopefully BLUE STAR LOVE before too long.

We feel that such books will trigger a NEW WAVE on Elvis, with more books like this being written and more people...fans and non-fans alike, seeing Elvis through a new or at least expanded perspective.

Even of greater importance (and Elvis would want to emphasis this, I feel sure), it will act as a catylist to take a deeper look at their onw spiritual being. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:58 pm 
I have read a lot of things in the past month than I have ever read about him--and let me say the things I have read definately has an impact on my life and has been a great learning experience for me. I have never been so moved. I will buy Wanda's book---looking forward to it's release.

I think something or someone told me from up above to read about this information..that I need it in my life now. I have been a fan of his since I was 6..and I am so glad my Grandmother got me into him. God Bless my Grandmother and God Bless Elvis!!!!

Thank you Maia and Wanda for the information you have provided for us. You two are a blessing.

Sincerely,
Vicki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Sue! I also have read alot about Elvis I am learning so much about him!! I have been a fan since I was 7 years old I am so very glad and so very proud to be a fan and I know there is so much more to learn I can't wait!
Thank you Maia and Wanda for everything!!

Thanks,
Fran

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]