It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

That quote reminds me what I saw on TV two days ago.
A man from Iceland, that very remote and lonely Island, told about his life and feelings for his country. And he told how when he heard the song "One night" from Elvis many many years ago, that it had made SUCH A STRONG IMPACT on him. He started to love American cars from the 50s like Elvis did. And at the end of this docu they played "Home is where the heart is" and that really moved me.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject: Random Elvis Encounters
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:02 am 
Sun Dial

I read on online article about 2 1/2 years ago that said it's almost impossible to go for 24 hours w/o running across something Elvis -- his picture or silhouette, a song, an Elvis movie, an imitation ("Thank you, thank you very much."), a movie with Elvis as a theme, a commercial for tourism in Tennessee, etc. The author called them "Random Elvis Encounters." My daughter (not a particularly big Elvis fan though she likes some of his songs) said she never noticed it until I mentioned it, but she found it to be true! :D I found a photo in my classroom encyclopedia this morning just looking under "United States" for something else. (The article also included music and culture, and there was Elvis!) He's in our high school history book, too!

Those "random encounters" always bring a smile to my face to see Elvis still so prevalent in American society. :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]