It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Very funny, Wanda! :lol: He got a taste of his own sweet medicine, except he really believed you there for awhile. Some acting job you pulled. What must have been going through his mind as he was believing you, untill you you finally made it clear you were just teasing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I like reading this story Wanda.

You must have so many memories of him.

Wonderful

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:37 am 
Site Admin

It was funny-especially when he began to believe that maybe...then I could practically hear his brain racing through all those "gears"- he just didn't know what to do-I think he might have really believed me and that was funny. I had to stop because I could feel him starting to panic-as I said, he would have took off like a rocket and ran like a jack rabbit to get away! I felt a little bit bad about it when I thought about it later and listened to the tape because I could hear how uncertain he was, he really thought he had done something wrong and then like the kid he was, he was worrying how he could "fix it" and make it right. That was what made him "sweat"-fear that he'd made some horrible mistake and what could he do to correct it! I took his "security blanket" away from him, I guess. And it was funny too about what he'd read in the paper, that couple having kids so fast- one and two after another! He most likely had read it and was going to mention it but I pulled that on him before he got to it. He'd read the paper and talk about things sometimes often back in those movie days. And he'd read things to me if I hadn't read it. He read hesitantly and unless he was "in character" he didn't read aloud well, unless he had it by memory...he read kind of like a kid who was careful to get words right. Just very sweet and dear...most of the time. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda you're too much..poor guy..I just can feel for him..if I were him that day, I would have disappeared, living the phone right there. :oops: .he must have sweat an ocean.. :lol: :lol: perfect revenge for sure.. :wink: :lol: yes Amanda soooo melting.. :P

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:51 pm 
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: POOR SWEET LOVEABLE, THE CUTEST, THE SEXEST, THE MOST ONERY GOD LOVE HIS HEART MAN I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. JUST TO HAVE BEEN ON A EXTENSION AND COULD HAVE LISTENED TO YOU AND ELVIS JUST ONE TIME! :lol: WHAT TREASURES WE HERE AT ELC ARE GETTING TO EXPERIENCE, WANDA THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. SHOOT YOU COULD MAKE A WHOLE BOOK OUT OF TALKS LIKE THIS, BETWEEN YOU AND ELVIS. :D FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

That was the only time I ever did that-to any one-especially him. And I don't have a tape that could be played as it broke a long time ago-that one anyway and another that I can't recall which it was right now. I wish I had them all, I was a fool to send them to him and not keep copies of everything...somewhere though, they are at Graceland-he kept everything, I know he didn't throw them away-and I know he listened to some of it as he approved what I selected to use as interview-and what really makes me think he did listen is that he started talking about writing his own book-AND chose a title.
He realized he could do it, he had something to say and that way he could tell what he wanted and the way he wanted also. It would have been great-and the way he could go on an on about some things-it would probably turned into a series of volumes! All of them best sellers!
God, I wish he had had more time to do that and more.
I know there was a good reason for him to go, but it sure is hard to understand from station earth! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:45 am 
How right you are Wanda, I know I'm not alone in Wishing he was still here. There isn't a Second, Minute, Hour, or Day I don't have this Wish on my Mind. :( FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

You most certainly are NOT alone in wishing that Fairy Tale. :( I'm right there with you. I wish so badly with all my heart that he could still be here, but I know that we wouldn't want him to still be here suffering like he was. :( Everytime I think about wanting him to still be here I think about what others on here have said which is that God saw his precious child Elvis suffering so badly and decided to reach out the loving rays of Heaven's light and peace and bring His sweet little boy back home to end all of his suffering. Only thinking about it like that can I possibly have any sense of comfort in knowing that he's no longer physically here with us. I also feel him and his love through each and every one of you on here on ELC and know that his loving spirit lives on in all of us!! :D I hope that doesn't sound dumb to anyone :oops: --it's just how I really feel. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

can't help thinking him in this forum,talkin to us, teasing us ,visiting here as "guest" sometimes for some tricks.. :wink: :P how wonderful that could have been :D ....... :(

Last edited by Lighthouseseeker on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

In writing those words just now which just kind of came tumbling out, I forgot to say thank you to Wanda for sharing that wonderfully funny and heart touching conversation you had with him. :D I say heart touching because it truly was a testament and showed just how much Elvis valued having your very special friendship in his life and how he wanted nothing to ever happen to it!! :D I know you already know this Wanda but you were indeed very blessed to have him be such a special part of your life. :D Just as we in turn are blessed to have someone as special as you as a part of our lives sharing who the MAN as opposed to the IMAGE really was. :D The love and friendship he showed you is the same love and friendship that you are so willingly sharing with all of us and it and you are GREATLY appreciated!!! :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next