It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:47 pm 
YOU ALL HAVE BEEN SO MUCH HELP TO ME, AND I HAVE TO TELL YOU ALL THAT FOR THE LAST WEEK OR MORE EVERYTIME I WATCH SOMETHING ON TV, ELVIS'S NAME IS MENTIONED. I DON'T KNOW IF ANY ONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE IS HEARING IT BUT I'AM. JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES AGO, I JUST HEARD HIS NAME ON TV. A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO ME AND MY GIRLFREINDS DAUGHTER WERE WATCHING THIS SHOW, AND I HEARD THIS GUY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT ELVIS OVER EATING. I THOUGHT I WAS HEARING THINGS AND I ASKED JACKIE IF SHE HEARD THAT TO, SHE SAID SHE DID. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GET MAD AT THE COMMENT HE MADE UNTIL I HEARD ELVIS'S VOICE SO CLEAR IN MY MIND SAY WELL MY NAME IS STILL OUT THERE AIN'T IT? WILL I STOPPED IN MID BREATH AND THOUGHT WILL I THINK ELVIS JUST TOLD ME TO NOT GET MAD BUT BE HAPPY THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL BRINGING ME UP EVEN THOUGH IT MIGHT NOT BE NICE IN WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. I ALSO FEEL THAT ELVIS KNOWS I HAVE'NT BEEN MEDITATING, AND I THINK HE WANTS ME TO TRY AGAIN. SO I WILL TRY ELVIS, I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE HERE SO MUCH. THANK SO MUCH AGAIN SUE FOR BRINGING THIS BACK UP, AND AMANDA AND WANDA FOR YOUR INSIGHT'S ON MY DREAM. FAIRYTALE! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi FairyTale,

I've slacked off on my meditation too. I got frustrated because it didn't seem like I was getting much in the way of substance, something which would really help me to grow or give me direction. But yeah I know, I shouldn't give up either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:45 pm 
WILL LAURIE IT SEEMS LIKE ELVIS AS SOMETHING MORE TO SAY TO ME OR FEELS LIKE I NEED TO MEDITATE TO BRING MY SELF SPRITIUALLY CLOSER TO THE LORD AND TO HIM, SO IF YOUR FEELING THIS WAY TO. THEN MAYBE WHAT WAS SAID ON HERE FROM AMANDA, WAS ALSO FOR YOU TO. FAIRYTALE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Fairytale and Laurie,

I would like to comment what I feel on meditations. Elvis maybe could say:

Medi = middle tation = station

(Like him, usually I do that kind of things with words.) What I mean is that to meditate is to get to a point where we are just in the middle, nothing pulling us in any direction. This is good itself, because we may stop the wheel of things happening inside or outside, the "noise" as Elvis put. To stop it often, help us not to add stress to our system, which is very healthy. This is a first benefice.

A second one may be that in that quiet space, there may appear some experience for us, in connection with the spiritual field. But it is not something to look for, parting from any expectative. If we do, we are pulling already in some direction. Instead, we set the intention first, we make it clear and focussed, and then we relax and let it be. Something may happen or maybe not. It is not important. What is needed is what is going to happen. Wishes don't have anything to do there. What is really useful is that we are training in stoping the noise. The more we do, the better.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
What is really useful is that we are training in stoping the noise. The more we do, the better.

Your comment here is very helpful Amanda. I think if I take that approach I will not become frustrated. Just let it be. If something comes; fine, if not, fine too. And the more one quiets the mind, the better one can hear from the Spirit world anyway. Cutting out the "noise" in one's mind is where meditation can really help me & others. And I do see your point in not having expectations because that will lead to frustration.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, right on, Laurie! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:wink: :P

Post subject: The starry, starry night...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:26 am 
Site Admin

The only way I can meditate and have any real feelings that stay with me, is to go outside after pitch dark and sit where I can look at the stars-I love to see the night sky especially when it's clear. I try to do it when the moon is waned to dark moon, and they are more brightly viewed. I can tell the earth's rotation has changed a bit as the stars have "moved" and my friend who lived in Spain and also loves the stars and is out at night all the time at her place, says the sky reminds her of the view from Spain-not like US view where we are now. She ought to know, she lived there for a long while and can name off stars and constellations like a pro. She used to have lots of money as a young person and had the most expensive and best telescope available at the time for sky watching. She was a member of a Barb group and traveled alot over there doing performances and dancing. Great stories from her...Her girlfriend even dated Elvis a couple of times when they returned to the US briefly-She and her girlfriend were dancers and always were welcome where people gathered even movie stars. Her girlfriend had the same experience with Elvis as many did, no sex, just kissing some and motorcycle riding and sleeping in each others arms fully dressed on his bed...for two days and two nights then he moved on...he was just back from the army about that time. anyway, try star meditation-sometimes that's best. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

To meditate under the stars is just wonderful!

It has been for me very useful, in order to connect with the cosmic energy. It helps me to expand my cosmos conscience, surpassing any feeling of limitation that may have appeared before. It helps me also, to enhance the feeling of belonging to a wider Reality.

In my very early childhood, I felt a deep longing while looking to the stars. Today, I salute happyly in their direction, because I know the connection is there, I feel the loving presence of many and I already know that there is no separation. It's a very nice feeling.

There are two moments of the day that are specially good to feel calm for meditation: at dawn and at sunset. It seems to me that in these moments, it is easier to connect with the profoundity of the soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:40 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

my friend who lived in Spain and also loves the stars and is out at night all the time at her place, says the sky reminds her of the view from Spain

The more you mention your friend, the more I feel some kind of curiosity about her, like I'd feel that we could be good friends. My regards for her again.

So, do you feel that the sky in your zone has changed some? Many things are changing quite fast. It feels strange.

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next