It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Young And Beautiful
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I had a dream with Elvis in it the other day. Didn't seem deep enough to post but then a friend mentioned it as being complex so here goes.

Elvis was singing I think it was "Young & Beautiful" (though in the dream it was called Young Love) to me and he was doing it in operatic style, like how he sang It's Now Or Never or Surrender. The guy sitting next to me (I did not appear to know him) was surprised and impressed because he had no idea Elvis could sing that style of music. Then the guy plays a record (yes a record not a CD so shows my age I guess though I don't have any records or a record player anymore). It plays mainly Elvis songs, though for a few weird moments the Beatles are on there making comments (I could not catch what they were). Then the guy turns up the volume when it reaches American Trilogy. I like that song a lot so my music taste showed in the dream I guess. Dream ends.

Perhaps Elvis was singing that song to me because I don't feel young and beautiful anymore????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Perhaps he was....take a good look in the mirror through other eyes Laurie-YOU ARE YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL...with lots of good years ahead of you to enjoy living and doing. I know, I have been there and then got to here. I feel older only because of aches and pains, mentally I don't except for slight memory losses here and there-Senior moments I think they call them-it doesn't take getting old to have them either-I've learned that. You are like my daughter-she is young and beautiful and so are you-both of you have sooo many years left and a future to look forward toward. Don't ever think you're not young and beautiful anymore. That is negative thinking-Elvis said look in the mirror and tell yourself how you want to look and believe it. He said he had done that most of his life-that was why he stayed looking good for so long a time-and that he thought he had "lost faith" in himself the reason he got sick and began to lose the "power of believing" for himself...he was he said, "impowered for others, but can't seem to make it happen for me anymore". In his case, he was fighting too many who wanted to keep him "controled and willing". We have only two things that we have to do for ourselves. One he said was to "be kind to ourselves as if we were guests; the other most important was "to love the good, toss out the bad and believe we can do better". He also said it was very difficult for most people to practice all of them, but we should all try. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Excellent post and fantastic advice here, Wanda! Thanks for sharing in relation to Laurie's dream and I strongly believe Elvis chose to sing this song in your dream to tell you, Laurie, how young, beautiful and very special you are! To single you out and help to make you feel better about yourself, to point out to you how lovely you are and make you feel good!

He had a certain way to single others out and make them feel good, it seems to me and so this would make sense I think! Very Happy

Right on, Sue!!

Wanda, I will take your advice for myself also!! Thanks!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, such wise words of wisdom from you & Elvis. Thank you, and thanks to Sue & Sarena for your encouragement as well. What a treat to have Elvis sing that song to me. I only wish I could remember it more clearly and have been able to record it in such a way as to pop it into my video/dvd player! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Excellent post and fantastic advice here, Wanda! Thanks for sharing in relation to Laurie's dream and I strongly believe Elvis chose to sing this song in your dream to tell you, Laurie, how young, beautiful and very special you are! To single you out and help to make you feel better about yourself, to point out to you how lovely you are and make you feel good!

He had a certain way to single others out and make them feel good, it seems to me and so this would make sense I think! :D

My heart is in complete accord with everything you said here dear Sue! :D Sweet Laurie, try and practice saying that to yourself in the mirror once a day like Elvis suggested to Wanda and then you will start believing it, and know that we all believe it to be true about you too my dear friend!! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:59 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I absolutely agree with what Wanda and the other friends say about your dream, Laurie.

I only wish to add that that man by your side, that knows Elvis but not his full potential, might represent those people that are not aware of the real one person behind an apparience or facade (YOU). (They even can get distraught (the Beetles' sudden presence) and divert their attention from the first one for a "lesser" interest.)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Amanda for giving me even more food for thought. What you say makes much sense. Yes, it is true there are many people who do not fully realize Elvis' gifts & true nature, in particular his spiritual qualities. And I can see this relating to me as well. Not that I'm of the spiritual level Elvis was, but most people around me have no idea who I really am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:54 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis suffered from not being recognized and you do too, Laurie. But -as I understood one day of sorrow for the same reason almost eleven years ago- our Kingdom is not of this Earth. We come to learn through difficulties, they are our allied. What we make with them is what matters. :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
We come to learn through difficulties, they are our allied. What we make with them is what matters.

So true (sadly :? :wink: ), Amanda!! But as you say it matters what we become through our trials!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I believe everything you both are mentioning is true. It's part of our work here and I think the journey we accomplish until we arrive definitively to the Land of Joy and Love! :P We build this Land with the pieces of experience and the awareness we conquer through them.

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next