It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

It is very true what you said about parent's making you feel more rotten than anyone else ever could. It would be great if more parents could learn that from their own childhood (not that I'd wish them such a thing) but it happens over such small things sometimes and that's a lesson too, no matter how small when one is "small" inside or outside. You have a little different way of "laying things out" though you and Amanda are quite good at it all. Thanks for doing that for Laurie. Gee-maybe I'll have a dream one of these days????-wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Golden Sky wrote:
My gut reaction when I read it was to think that your parents love you but still are giving you a form of bondage.

Thank you Trish/Golden Sky for your insight and interpretation! It is a deep dream, so could easily spring forth diverse opinions as to its meaning. But surely you were picking up on something as I think your "gut reaction" was spot on.

I have long felt trapped inside a box (or perhaps perfume bottle?) in many areas of my life. There has been the deep longing to be free of the chains which hold me back or keep me in. It has been a long & arduous journey trying to get free of those chains, which are mostly emotional or incorrect perceptions. It has felt to me that I have lived with a heaviness or weight for a long time. I am freer now than I used to be but have still a long way to go.

Thanks for your well wishes Trish. I hope you have been able to find your own peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie, thank you for your interpretation! I value your opinion. As I mentioned above, the dream is a deep one, so there's bound to be a variety of interpretations. I will take yours into consideration as well my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Remember when Elvis played finding different meanings to a word, breaking it to pieces, or so? One sense added or complemented the other.

Dreams are like those words Elvis loved to descipher. Instead of letters, they have images. There's not an only truth. What matters is the resonance they have for the dreamer... It's like viewing a diamond from diverse perspectives, under different kind of lights. The reflections vary, but they all say something of the diamond and the Light.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:40 pm 
Blue Moon wrote:
It has felt to me that I have lived with a heaviness or weight for a long time. I am freer now than I used to be but have still a long way to go.

Thanks for your well wishes Trish. I hope you have been able to find your own peace.

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for confiding in us- it's an honor to be treated like an old friend. You really seem like a strong, indepedent, smart woman. I'm surprised that your troubles seem to be so much like my own!

Sometimes I feel like I've painted myself into a big corner in life, having made some irreversible decisions, and I spend alot of time wondering what my options are, and how I can ever by really true to my deep down self. For what it's worth, I've read that for most women, liberation from old habits and outgrown ideas is a major theme of our lives through middle age. We all sort of have to "molt." Obviously, this can be hard.

I remember that Elvis once said that sometimes he just didn't know which way to turn. I feel like that, overwhelmingly, very often. But, like you, I get better little by little. Cheers to us for pushing on ahead despite some real difficulties :) .

Always a pleasure talking with you. Thanks.

Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:53 pm 
Amanda Viola wrote:
Remember when Elvis played finding different meanings to a word, breaking it to pieces, or so? One sense added or complemented the other.

Hi Amanda,

That's really neat! I didn't know he did that. There is a new name book out (here in the US) which does the same thing with people's names. It's not found in the baby names section of the bookstore, but rather, it's in with the New Age and spiritual books. I guess because it's more like a divination sort of book, aspiring to tell you what kind of person you are, based on your name.

"Trish" breaks down to TR words, like "TRemendous"...generally powerful words. But "ISH" is soft of course. The writer said that you might think "Trish" is a pushover, but if she doesn't want to do something, don't bother thinking you can change her mind. :lol: That's me, I admit. :oops:

I'm pregnant! And thinking of baby names alot, and I guess that's why I was excited to hop into that topic. I'd like to take a spiritual approach to naming this baby and will use any tools available. (My oldest son, of course, just took the easy way: "If it's a boy, can we name him Elvis?" That was his first question when I told him about the baby!! :lol: )

Anyway....I was happy to learn Elvis played that same kind of word games. His mind was really remarkable, both acrobatic and clever and solid and steady.

Hope you're having a nice day!

Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

I like your son's approach! Elvis also went to Cheerios Book of Numerolgy to find the "correct" and "right" name for his baby-this before she was born because he "knew" it was a girl he said, though he had some thoughts about what if it was a boy too, he did admit. He liked the name Angelica or Angelisa but they ended up calling her Lisa Marie-he liked both names, and maybe that was the "right" number for her name??? Only he knew and he didn't tell me one way or the other and I didn't ask about it later on. A time or two in speaking of his baby girl he said, "my angel Lisa" and she says now he called her Yisa" which he did but it was more like, "YE-ssa" when he said it with the Y silent. He tended to nick name everyone he met, maybe it helped him remember them and keep them separate from everyone else. It worked, he had a fantastic memory, "fer sure". Good luck with your baby name-there are sooo many names to look at! wjh Our daughter's middle name is Starla which is Indian and means, "full of light" and "shining one" and she is both-
I wish that I had the wonderful qualities and abilites that she has, with people and all that she deals with daily. And she puts up with us!!! Does so much for us and has all of her life-a heavenly name suits her because she has the soul and spirit of an angel on earth. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

CONGRATULATIONS, TRISH!!!

I've been "out of service" for a few days and now a find such great news: YOU are expecting! What a wonderful experience you have ahead! I suggest you to look in Internet for Indigo and Crystal children, if you don't have already information about it.

I also believe the name one carries along his life has great importance. We are under its vibration all the time. Your son's quickness in suggesting the name Elvis made me smile, (yet I would consider it twice, as it's not easy to have such a famous name with all its connotations).

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda Viola wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS, TRISH!!!

Trish, such great news! Please do keep us posted as to your progress. When are you due?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:47 pm 
THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :D

I have been here so infrequently lately, I didn't even see these congratulations...I'm sorry! But you put a big smile on my face which I'm still wearing :D as you can see.

Wanda, I meant to tell you that I LOVE the name Starla. I actually asked my husband if he'd want to name a daughter that, but he answered the way he answers to about 99% of my name propostions: No. :( He is stuck on the name Jemima even though it reminds everyone I know of the pancake syrup. :)

Also, Wanda, I was touched to read your very loving description of Starla. Not very often do I hear mothers being so uncritical! And I forgot to mention that when I told my son we can't name a boy Elvis, he said, "How about Aaron? I like that name." (Can you tell I talk about Elvis alot in my house? :lol:)

Amanda, I haven't read much about Indigo children but I'm fascinated by that topic if it is what I think it is: about psychic children? I read something about how Edgar Cayce predicted that in the next millenium (where we are now) more and more psychic children would emerge, forming a sort of psychic web around the globe. Very, very interesting. I believe it could definitely be happening. My daughter Ingrid is somewhat psychic, and a friend of mine (who was psychic as a child but found it so difficult she sort of willed it away) recommended that I read about psychic children so I'll understand her better. I haven't done that yet. I have read that sometimes psychic children talk later than their peers, and Ingrid really fits that description. She speaks poorly, unlike her older brother who was actually very precocious with language.

Ingrid has read my mind uncannily on a few occasions. She has also made comments on the emails I was writing even though she can't read, and was sitting across the room as I was typing. Once when we were outside of a grocery store, I needed a twisty tie, and was wishing fervently for one, not saying anything out loud. Ingrid just held one up with a big smile on her face. She had gotten it from the bakery for some reason. Stuff like that makes me wonder about her.

Anyway, thanks for the hint about getting a book on this. I'll take it as a sign :wink:

And thanks again everyone for your well-wishings!

Page 2 of 4 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next