It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie, what a great dream being at Graceland! I've never been there so don't know about the red carpet. Perhaps someone who's been there can answer better. Then too, the dream you had may have taken place prior to Pris changing it after Elvis' death. Linda had decorated Graceland with lots of red and gold and then Priscilla changed it after Elvis' death -- but don't know about the front hallway. Maybe the red was there at Graceland before Pris changed things. There's a new book out called "Inside Graceland" which has lots of pictures of the red Graceland.

By the way, when I read your dream, a song kept strumming through my mind and it was -- "In my Fathers House" ("In my Father's house are many mansions . . .")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi JulieSharonRose! A great dream! When we were there many years ago they had a carpet in the entry that was kind of a netural color but for wear etc:...and now maybe it is red still there for the Christmas season?
It sounds kind of like YOU WERE there! The other bedrooms are smaller than one would think-I think they might have divided rooms into two so everyone could have their "own space". Elvis being an only child would think of having "my own space" etc:...instead of doubling up etc: plus some of them had family and kids who came and visited etc: so it worked out Elvis said when talking of "remodeling" his home-something was being done all the time it seemed to me. Constant building and redoing and adding etc;...he wanted something-he got it. It was interesting seeing and listening to Pris telling about the rooms and how they were when she was there-like the Jungle room used to be just a patio poarch but Elvis had it enclosed for better use-it was the den then-and after his death became the Jungle room. Actually he thought it was the Hawaian room...
That was what he went for anyway. He was a bit gaudy in some things...but it made him who he was. I liked his taste in most things-especially furniture for the downstairs living room-that long couch was a good idea and the two chairs went perfectly in the space. He didn't have a loud place until he and Linda lived there-I think he was trying to get ride of so many memories-so he wouldn't think about the past etc:...but he never cared for the red all that much-his upstairs was shag and I think red also-he might have kept that-he never said much about it. I was surprised to see how he'd redone it to look like the inside of a nice hotel suite room - but that is what he had been used to seeing most of his adult life. He had what he wanted-it was heavy padded and thick shag in the bedrooms I've heard. He said it was "comfortable to walk barefooted" and warm-he didn't like cold floors. Anyway, that was great...you "sent yourself to Graceland" maybe in "spirit form"....out of body experience thing. Lots of people can do that-we all can-but some don't realize it.
You are gifted Julie, so it would be something you could do-and maybe Elvis took you there because you want to go. He said, come with me and you went. More trips to you! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Laurie, that was one of his favorite songs and his favorite things to quote from the Bible...he believed that totally and you know what he wanted, a mansion not just a room in one! Rainbows for windows, stars for lights and lots of space...and he wasn't being greedy-it was just what he wanted.
After all, his Father in Heaven promised there were many mansions in Heaven. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:23 am 
Site Admin

What an incredible and amazing dream sweet Julie! :D I, too, felt upon reading it like you actually did go to Graceland! :D Thank you so much for sharing this with us. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Very beautiful dream Julie, I too felt like you were there at Graceland when I read it thank you for sharing it with us! :D :D

Talia

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]