It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, I simply learned English from him and because of him..I never had lessons of the language,just taught myself so you can blame Elvis for my bad English.. :lol: :oops: :lol:

Post subject: learning
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Well, your English is pretty darn good- and it's practice that makes better- just about anything. When Elvis first started out he spoke with such a Southern/ethinic drawal and pronounced his words so thickly- he had to learn how to speak better-and he was pretty much self taught...although he liked English and History in school-he said because of the books and poems and stories-
his mom taught him respect for book learning. And he studied lots of things-after he made it into the lime light he realized he said, how dumb and silly he was-so he started trying to improve himself- too, the movie industry made him take lessons to get rid of the ethenic etc: words and sounds coming from his mouth. He did- and he said he didn't like doing that-because it was a part of his heritage etc;...but he would do anything to get on the movie screen... And seeing himself up there was a life changing event to him personally. He realized how much influence he could have over people by being on the screen - but of course he didn't like being "just a babysitter" either... He did make some good movies-some of the bad ones even were cute in places and he looked good in most of them. Some of them he was a bit "plastic" looking (make up etc) but some he was a real doll, himself. Your English is good compared to what I've managed to "learn" of Spanish! Need to learn that- most of the instructors for the type of performance my stallion does are spanish speaking. Makes it kind of difficult to understand the cues etc; -for me. My horse "speaks" both English and Spanish! He is bilingual.... from having trainers who did both languages and verbal cues. Animals are amazing-smarter than we are in many ways- THEY "learn to speak" our languages but have to use sign language to get our attention most of the time! That makes them almost geniuses. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Were there any movies or press conferences where Elvis was allowed to show his natural southern accent? I'm trying to remember. I think in "Change of Habit" it showed a little, but not too thick if I recall. It seems like even when he was on stage, his accent was modified, though sometimes his natural one would come through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Wanda, :) hope I can improve that in time..well, I watched at the dinner this evening,Elvis's movie Follow That Dream and if I'm not mistaken,he had to emphasize that accent because of his role..he was sweet and innocent again in that film,as Toby Kwimper.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Oh yes, I think you are right. I saw Follow That Dream a few weeks ago for the first time. I loved it. Thought Elvis did a great acting job. Played the part to a tee.

Post subject: My Latest Dream
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:51 pm 
I have had another dream, I'm at a fair or something like that because there is alot of people standing around. It seems like some of the people are standing in lines to get on rides, my 2 girlfriends are in this dream to. Elvis is wearing a brown or maroon shirt with black slacks, his hair is really long he just keeps walking around in the crowd of people. But it seems as though I'm the only one that sees him, I keep going up to people and asking them if they see Elvis Presley standing there and they say no they do not see him, I go up to my 2 girlfriends and ask them if they see Elvis and they seem upset that they aren't able to see him either. So I'm so confused and getting really upset because know one else can see Elvis but me, so I go to this bench to sit down. I feel like crying because I know my girlfriends would like to see Elvis to, so while I'm sitting there Elvis comes over and sits down beside me. All I can do is gasp for air from being so shocked and surprised, Elvis then says something funny and we both laugh but I don't know what he said that was funny. Elvis then leans over to whisper something in my ear, and just as he does this my girlfriend wakes me up. So I haven't a clue want Elvis was about to whisper in my ear, so if anybody can help me find out what Elvis wanted to say to me I would be very Grateful Barb

Post subject: whispering...
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:28 am 
Site Admin

He will come again and tell you- he loved to whisper in girls ears...and did it all the time. Even to a couple of guys I've heard! I always wondered what he was saying into children's ears when he did that. He always spoke so quietly any way and then would lean over and talk into ears- even making movies-on sets when cameras are not rolling he did that to whom ever he was working with-girls-usually. So get ready...he'll be back-when you least expect him. wjh

Post subject: Barb's dream
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Barb,

I wish I could help you with what Elvis wanted to whisper to you. Too bad you couldn't have slept a little bit longer and found out. But as Wanda says, he'll be back!

I do have some thoughts re your dream. I ain't the queen of dream analysis, but here's my stab at it. Maybe the reason you could see Elvis is because you have some understanding of the man behind the image -- his spiritual side. Maybe your friends couldn't see him because they don't have as deep an understanding?? Of course, I don't know your friends, so only you could know if that were true. Another interpretation is that Elvis came to visit you, not your friends, which is why only you could see him. Don't know if this helps any . . .

Last edited by Blue Moon on Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:54 pm 
Priscilla will never be my favorite person, and how she can show her face at Graceland like she does after Lieing and Cheating and only thinking of herself, when she left Elvis is beyond me. I have seen those early picture's of when Priscilla was still with Elvis at Graceland, and how she Loved to Show Off in front of the Camera. I'm sorry if I sound Harsh, but I feel that Priscilla was never right from day one for Elvis. Just like now she is following all of the others that are using Elvis's Name for their own BENEFIT! :( Barb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:58 pm 
WELL SORRY TO SAY I'M STILL WAITING ELVIS! :lol: :lol: HE AS YET TO LET ME KNOW WHAT HE WAS GOING TO WHISPER IN MY EAR, I FORGOT TO TELL EVERYONE HOW I JUMPED MY GIRLFRIEND FOR WAKING ME LIKE SHE DID WHEN ELVIS WAS WHISPERING IN MY EAR. SHE SAID SHE HAD TO YELL AT ME A FEW TIMES TO WAKE ME UP, SO I MUST HAVE BEEN IN A DEEP SLEEP. PLEASE O PLEASE ELOVIS COME BACK! FairyTale!

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2