It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

A beautiful dream! It so sounds like I imagine Gladys to have been. 8)

It reminded me of the following, which I have taken here from the Blue Star Love manuscript:

Quote:
1977 - the year of Elvis' death, he discusses with Wanda a dream his father recently had):

Elvis: He said he was walkin' in the yard at Graceland, 'n' looked up to see Momma comin' up the driveway. She was leadin' a little goat on a string. She come right up to him, smilin', he said, an' handed him the string holdin' the goat. The next thing I was there with them.

Wanda: A goat, like maybe a Capricorn symbol? (Elvis was a Capricorn)

Elvis: Maybe - that's what I thought too, an' he said she never said anything, just handed him the string, took hold of me, an' we turned 'round and walked off leaving him standin' there with the goat. Now, he was upset with me for goin' and called to me but we just kept walkin' out of sight. What upset him most was that when he looked back at the goat an' the string they'd become a vine that was all tangled up and around itself. He said it was growin' and weavin' itself into every-thing as he watched it....the thing kept growing and he got scared because it got out of hand, nothin' he could do would stop it-it was takin' over everything, he said. He woke up then, an' was cryin' and callin' for help but I never came.

Wanda: Do you have any idea what it means?

Elvis: No - sometimes I dream about-'bout her comin' for me, too. Real clear - an' nice dreams. Maybe he just picked up on it, somethin' - dun-no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:02 am 
How beautiful your dream,Sue!!!
I´m really happy for Gladys` message, because after having read that she had punished Elvis as a child and also forbade him to talk about his "visitations" in childhood (written in ELC - Webside) , I somehow felt sorry for Elvis.
Once in an interview (in the 50s) he had said he could wake his mother up in the middle of the night when he was troubled and talk to her about everything! That had always impressed me.

Now, after your dream - message I feel better.

Christine

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:31 am 
I 'm trying so very hard Sue not to cry, but I just Miss him So Very Much. It just isn't very easy, but I well try even harder. Barb

Post subject: Missing him
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I miss him too. A light in this world was snuffed out way too early. I'm glad some day we will get to see & meet him, on the other side.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:04 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

We all miss him so much. No day goes by whitout his music, his face, I just can't live whitout him.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: Gladys
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

That was a wonderful dream and so like the momma that Elvis remembered and missed so much. He would and had already forgiven her everything, and understood why she was strict and he had tried so hard to please her and abide by her standards. It hurt him that he felt he had failed to do that-because of all that he had done, knowing it was wrong but he was young, alive and full of it as he put it, and she forgave him he said, "for being a male." So they must have had some kind of discussion about his "wild ways". Anyway, she only had his best interest at heart all along, and if she punished him, it was I'm sure with the best of intentions though back in those days and in the poverty areas they lived in, children were raised to mind, or else and they meant or else too. He learned quickly enough and said he still "sneaked off the porch" when he could get away with it-but he got caught a time or two and paid the price- and he added with a giggle or two, "it was worth it." He was a lonely child, born to be with people and there weren't many there so many times. So he must have been deeply lonely, looking for a friend. Sometimes I think that Loving You movie script writer had talked to him considerably and used some of his very words in writing it. Some sure did fit... and he was good in that role. Very good in spots.
Always so natural and relaxed looking, how he moved, walked and stood, that's how he did it in real life as well.
And the way he talked and said the lines,...pretty real to life. wjh

Post subject: his mom
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

you are right. He said that to me also, and he loved his mom with all his heart and soul. When as poor as they were, living in those days and time, and areas and having no education to move up the ladder they had to resort to labor and be smart about what they could be.Kids back then HAD to mind or else they could easily get in bad trouble, and there was little medical care for the poorest of them either. Parents were hard at work trying to make a living and feed their kids, Elvis was the only one Gladys had and she couldn't have more, so he was overly protected and as a result got in trouble more most likely, and he was looking for companionship with peers even as a young child. They lived in close confinement, small house, just themselves and family and hard work. Elvis wasn't spoiled like todays kids, but he was spoiled as much as they could spoil him, doing without to get for him. And as observant as he was, born intelligent, he saw this early in life and being who he was even then, he set about to change things for them and he surely did that, right to the end. I have seen some awful things said by people who must have some sort of problem themselves as they have some crazy ideas about his child hood, his mother etc: and saying he was a victum of incest etc: that is a total distortion, and though it may seem by todays standards that the punishment kids got back then was "torture" or something, he didn't seem to think he was mistreated in any way-he was raised when children were spanked and he had been by both parents, but he didn't take it as being "beaten" or anything like that-he joked about it and even said sometimes he needed it and more! But he would not have hit his daughter-he was of that generation when he grew up-he would punishe her with words, in that purr he used no doubt-but she would know he was not pleased and how far to push him. He made her sit on a little stool a few times until she said she was ready to "be good" and then he took her out and played with her in their "yard toys" It was Priscilla who provided the correction after she had charge of their child and one wonders why that child always wanted to live with dad-even though she knew he was not home always...she still didn't want to live with mom...as a 4 year old and on up til he left her. I can't imagine what that must have been like for her-just 9 years old and having had daddy just the night /day before playing with her, etc;. I wonder if she knew her father was ill or how much she picked up on him the reason she did not want to be away from him at all that last few months-according to him, she was calling him and begging to be with him and he was trying so hard to take her with him when he could, to have her be happy.
He said Lisa called him at night when Pris was gone out or asleep and they whispered and talked for long periods of time on the phone-she called him collect-so "mommy won't know how much we talked". I thought that was kind of sad but then, Pris was very strict with money etc;. And she did try to teach Lisa that-something her daddy wouldn't have any idea to do. wjh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:39 pm 
I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS TRUE, BUT I READ ONE TIME THAT ELVIS DID SPANK LISA FOR DRAWING ON THE COUCH WITH A PURPLE CRAYON. DID HE EVER SAY ANYTHING TO YOU ABOUT THIS WANDA? I KNOW I HAVE SEEN SOME LOOKS ON ELVIS FACE THAT I THINK I WOULD NOT HAVE PUSHED HIM EITHER, SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

IF YOU WERE SMART AND SEEN HIM LOOK AT YOU LIKE THIS WOULDN'T YOU NOT PUSH EITHER? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Barb, that look on his face is certainly a serious one. Can't tell if he's angry or just plain tired. But that glare does seem to have a "don't mess with me" expression. Must have been a rough day. :x

Post subject: Syncronicity
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Sometimes I think that Loving You movie script writer had talked to him considerably and used some of his very words in writing it. Some sure did fit... and he was good in that role. Very good in spots.

O.K., how about this for syncronicity? As a relatively new Elvis fan, I've only seen about half of his movies, so when I read your comments Wanda on "Loving You", I thought that's going to be the next Elvis movie I get. The next day, today, I'm wandering around a 2nd hand store (I'm on a tight budget at present) and wouldn't you know I run across a "Loving You" video. Couldnt' believe it. So I bought it. Don't mind that it's a video either because so many DVD's are double widescreen now and I prefer full screen or letterbox.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sat May 20, 2006 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next