It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: burning cds
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Laurie and everyone, I know how to burn a cd, but I was not sure how to print off just the parts I want without doing the entire segement-thread-whatever. That, is what I need to figure out and if any one knows that, great. It might be nice to have the whole ELC on cds-everything on it-wonder if that's possible too? wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Well, if you open the file you saved you will see it on the screen and then you can highlight and "Copy" and the "paste" it into a document (MS Word or whatever) and THEN print it.

Post subject: copy and paste
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

That's easy to say- but I'll have to learn how and I have a book that goes into that. So guess I got my work cut out for me for a week or so...I'm slow at learning because my memory is so full and not retaining a lot right now or else it's just old age. This is my "lowest" point of the year cycle and I'm feeling it some what. In my brains-ha. Well, I will try to put the whole darn thing on disk...all of the posts etc: from the beginning and have a complet Libarary for it. That would be cool.wjh

Post subject: Highlighting & copying
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda,

In order to copy & paste, you will first need to highlight the section you want to copy. To highlight, all you do is click the left botton of your mouse and drag it down over the area you want copied.

To copy, take what you've highlighted and press the "Control" key, and then while keeping the Control key pressed down, then press the "C" key. This means you have copied it to the clipboard (which you probably can't see) and so now you are ready to paste it. Go to where you want to paste it, and press the "Control" key again, and then while keeping it pressed down, press the "V" key. This will paste your document.

Another way to do it is, after you've highlighed the doc, right click your mouse key & press the copy function. Then go to where you want to paste it, right click again and press the paste function.

Softwares usually have shortcut keys at the top of the tool bar as well.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Fri May 19, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: copy and paste
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

THANKS Laurie! So simple and the book makes it sound like I need to be a rocket scientist. I'll give it a shot and see what I can do. But I would kind of like to also have everything on cd then it could be available as copies to anyone /member anyone to have should they want it. A thought anyway. Should be a way to do that easily enough...I'll find a rocket scientist and ask-ha.wjh

Post subject: saving web pages
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

I learned how to do it yea! It's easy. i saved Dreamer-Elvis the whole posted thing with all the posts. This may be a good thing. It would make a heck of a book just saving them all and then having them bound! What a reading that would be! Thanks for thinking of it-it took me awhile but my brain is calmed down now the cd is gone to voo-doo land for finishing. Now I can think again. I didn't put it on cd my cd wouldn't let me but i can put it on my documents files and then to cds no problems So that's my project while I wait...not too long I hope. I'm just going to put the ones that are meaningful and have real content...suggestions are welcome guys. Your ideas of worthyness might be more than mine...I judge me harshly too. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:03 pm 
O NO PLEASE DON'T EVER LET THAT HAPPEN ALL THAT ELVIS SAID TO YOU WANDA IS PRICELESS, I WOULD NEVER GET TIRED OF READING AND REREADING EVERY WORD HE SPOKE. SO THANK YOU LORD FOR CD'S! BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, as a little child would say, I want it all-lllllllll. I think everyone of your comments has choice information; some a little, some a lot. I don't want to have to choose. Like them all. And I wish all your posts were together in a book so I could read them again. Of course, I can relook at them here on the site, and do reread some now & again, but it's easier on the eyes to have them on paper.

But, if you want some help narrowing it down, definitely save the taped conversations you've posted, and anything Elvis himself wrote or you remember him saying to you. And then the letters you've received as well.
And any replies you've listed which have helped clear up common misconceptions about Elvis, say with women, or perscription drugs, his spiritual life. And even when you recently explained why Elvis cheated at games -- that he did it out of boredom & to stir the pot. I didn't know this and this explanation is certainly not on EBTP. How grateful I am to get your reply on this because Elvis did not seem the type to me to want to deceive people. Yet he does come across as the mischievious type. Your explanation fits and clears up a misconception now being spread on EBTP.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:57 pm 
YOU KNOW I WAS REREADING THE CONVERSATIN THAT WANDA AND ELVIS WERE HAVING ON THE VEITNAM WAR, AND IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER YOU WOULD THINK ELVIS WAS TALKING ABOUT WHATS GOING ON TODAY IN IRAQ! HE WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED IN HOW WHAT HE SAID THEN IS ALL COMING TRUE, NOW TODAY. SOMETIMES HEARING ELVIS TALK ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE, IS LIKE HE IS LOOKING IN A CRYSTAL BALL! FAIRYTALE!

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2