It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dream about Elvis' church
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I dreamt that a wrecking crew was coming to tear down the church Elvis went to as a youngster. Not sure if it was in Tupelo or Memphis but don't think it matters which one. Before the wrecking crew was to tear down the building, a handful of concerned fans were trying to take & keep small parts of the building for preservation. I was on the outside of the dream looking in (if that makes sense), observing what was happening. Dream ends; it's a short one.

In my opinion, I don't think the church in the dream is a physical church. I think it represents the spiritual soul of Elvis. As the Bible says, we are the temple of God and so I think it fits here as it relates to Elvis.

I think the fans trying to save pieces of the building are people like Maia & Wanda who are trying to preserve the real Elvis admidst the onslaught of those out to destroy or destort his character. I welcome other opinions if there are any.

Post subject: tearing down church
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Laurie, That sounds right to me. I think you are picking up on exactly what has been happening and is trying to enlarge it's self again what with the other books coming out from the Stanley bunch and others.
Some are trying to keep and save the pieces of Elvis' spiritual connections to his fans and the earth and others with the darker side, trying to snatch them away. Good always wins over evil...so take heart. WE ALL have the stronger, upper hand on our side...The POWER OF GOD'S LOVE and THE POWER of Elvis' magic, his gift from that God.

Did any of you all see the little movie that came out that featured Elvis as rooster and was a take off of his life in cartoon form? It began with a little boy who had been hurt kind of like the begining of Wizzard of Oz, and he dreams the entire thing. It's cute and very very insightful of what was going on-and it ends well with the King rooster getting his voice back and winning over the "evil" darkness taking over everything in his world.
Glen Campbell sings the songs and there is even an Ann Margret in it. It's a cute movie and I still like to see it now and then...I think it's called Cock-a-Doddle-Do...I'm not sure now. wjh

Post subject: Charlie Hodge dream
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Last night I had a dream about Charlie Hodge. In the dream I'm talking to him about a book he wrote about Elvis. I tell him, "If Elvis were alive to day he would love your book & your widescreen (don't know I said "widescreen" but it's a dream) photos". Immediately the dream becomes an old black & white photo. In the foreground is a man I can't distinguish (maybe Elvis?). In the background is Charlie. He looks at me, turns left (in the photo) and walks, gradually disappearing till he's gone.

Post subject: dream
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, pretty interesting and deep! I too, wonder about the black and white photo- Charlie walking away leaves lots of room for questioning. Maybe he didn't feel he said enough...or wished he had said something more? Maybe you will "pick up on it again" and then it will be more clear. wjh

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Curious insight Wanda. I hadn't thought about it like that. Could very well be. I woke up after having it & didn't know what to make of it. It did seem like he had actually visited me. Can't say for sure, of course. It's just the impression I had. At first I thought the "disappearing" was just his way of leaving the dream, but it could be there's more to it than that. Will have to meditate on it.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Fri May 26, 2006 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: black and white
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:14 am 
Site Admin

I remembered something that Elvis said often, that things were no longer black or white to him. Used to they were black or white with nothing inbetween but as he got wiser, learned more about life, he saw different shades to things, events and happenings in his life. So maybe the dream of a black and white picture-was in reference to that... maybe he was saying that Elvis saw it as being just black and white or that he thought it should be or perhaps that it was grayscale/ neither black nor white. Was the photo true black and white or what they call "grayscale" on printing up "black and white" pictures? Maybe he was telling you, Elvis took it as just that? Kind of strange, but I have to say that the 3 times I was around where Charlie was, he spoke a few words, and then turned and walked off...all three times. So perhaps that was just his way of doing things-he didn't "know you" very well, so he answered and then went onl his way. Well, just a bunch of ideas...wjh

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Interesting. I would say the photo had the standard black & white look. Definitely had sharp contrast. Would not call it gray scale if I understand what you mean, though there probably was some gray in it, as b&w photos do have for certain colors. Can't remember all the details of the background, except I think there was snow on the ground. What I know for certain is that the figure in front (couldn't see the face) and Charlie were dressed in either black or a rather dark color.

I have to add that this is the first time for me where at least part of a dream was in black & white. So strange . . .

Last edited by Blue Moon on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: dreams
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Back when I was into all kinds of things, I read that most people dream in black & white and the rest dream in color-some in vivid technicolor and others less colorful. I know that I dream in color and sometimes if very vivid
and detailed precisely that dream in some way will come to exist...maybe not eaxctly so, but parts will. Even to serious things-kind of a prewarning kind of thing, I guess.
Less people feel and smell things in dreams than those who have no colors. That was a scientific breakdown kind of book-but that's about all I read of it. Some of us, including Elvis were studying and trying to discern what dreams really meant and why we had them. It died by the wayside for more tangible studies of the "occult" as things of that nature were called back then. Now they are more accepted as scientific fact-dreams anyway. wjh

Post subject: Priscilla dream
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I had a dream last night about Priscilla. I went to bed right after watching EBTP, so it's not surprising.

In the dream, Priscilla is in my apartment & we are trying to get this radio to work. I leave the room to get a battery. In the mean time, she finds an adapter cord. However when she attempts to connect it to the radio, she rips off the back of the radio & touches a wire in there with the adaptor cord, causing a fire in the radio. I see this and am worried that my apartment will catch fire. It does not, just the radio. Dream ends.

The fact that it was a radio probably means it has something to do with Elvis. Fire can shine light, give warmth, but can also destroy. So, not sure which way to go with this dream. Could have a positive or negative meaning. Or maybe it means nothing & is just a trash processing dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Did any of you all see the little movie that came out that featured Elvis as rooster and was a take off of his life in cartoon form? It began with a little boy who had been hurt kind of like the begining of Wizzard of Oz, and he dreams the entire thing. It's cute and very very insightful of what was going on-and it ends well with the King rooster getting his voice back and winning over the "evil" darkness taking over everything in his world.
Glen Campbell sings the songs and there is even an Ann Margret in it. It's a cute movie and I still like to see it now and then...I think it's called Cock-a-Doddle-Do...I'm not sure now. wjh

I saw this movie. It was delightful! 8)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]