It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:05 pm 
Hi Laurie:

Thank you for liking my story! It was my first time there--and will not be my last time. As a matter of fact, I will be going in the next couple of months again. I just feel that I belong there.

Regarding the "theme park" situation--as far as i'm concerned, the only place I need to be and will be is in the house and on the grounds around the house. I don't really care if they do the things they are talking about doing around Graceland. I love to see his things, love to walk around where he walked, breathe the air he breathed.

Sincerely,
Victoria :)
Laurie wrote:
Thanks, Victoria for your Graceland story; just now read it. It reminds me of how much I would like to go. I read something about some financier/developer buying into a % of the Graceland property & wanting to build a theme park or some such thing nearby. I do hope he does not mess with Graceland too much; other than to make sure it does not fall into disrepair etc. More exhibits may be fine, but I hope the general look stays the same.

I also just got done reading this book by Elvis’ maid Nancy Rooks, “Inside Graceland”. Liked the book. She paints a positive portrait of Elvis & offers a different perspective. She said when she first started working there that the other maids & Minnie Mae said the place was haunted by Glady’s spirit. Wanda, did Elvis believe that Gladys' spirit was at Graceland?

The author does talk about strange unexplained happenings at Graceland. Things like hearing footsteps upstairs when she knew no one was up there. And (I think after Elvis had died) there were lights going on & off by themselves in the trophy room; the front doorbell would ring at night, yet no one would be there. One time a door slammed violently shut, but there was no one nearby. Other strange unexplained stories as well—just a very small part of the book, but I thought intriguing.

Post subject: re: My Graceland Story
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:49 pm 
Hi Sue:

Thank you very much! I'm doing alright--it's VERY hot here in Florida--which is nothing unusual. I'm coping, though.

I don't mean to brag :D but I went to Graceland again 3 weeks ago this coming Friday. LOL I can't believe it's only been 4 months since my last visit. I leave a piece of my heart there every time I go. I told my niece (who went with me again--and has the "Graceland Feeling" also :lol: ) that we have to stretch out our visits twice a year. She agreed--even though she has the same feeling as I have--it's going to "kill" us. LOL Such is life. Sometimes I wish I could be at two places at once.

Hope this finds you well, Sue.

Sincerely,

Victoria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:18 am 
HI VICTORA MY NAME IS BARB, SO GLAD TO MEET YOU. I HOPE IT WELL BE MY TURN FINALLY TO GO TO GRACELAND, NEXTED YEAR LORD WELLING! BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:35 pm 
I HAVE FAITH THAT I WELL BE THERE IN MEMEPHIS AND AT GRACELAND NEXT YEAR, AND I KNOW ALL YOU HAVE TO HAVE AS SMALL AS A MUSTARD SEED OF FAITH! FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS!! BARB!!

Post subject: re: My Graceland Story
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:54 pm 
Barb wrote:
HI VICTORA MY NAME IS BARB, SO GLAD TO MEET YOU. I HOPE IT WELL BE MY TURN FINALLY TO GO TO GRACELAND, NEXTED YEAR LORD WELLING! BARB!

Hi Barb!

It's very nice to meet you also. I really do hope you get to Graceland in the near future. It's an awsome experience--one you'll always cherish and you'll want to go back again!

Hope you had a great weekend.

Sincerely,
Victoria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:11 pm 
PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR ALLS PRAYERS THAT THE LORD HELPS ME TO MAKE IT TO GRACELAND NEXT YEAR! BARB!

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2