It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 5 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Letter to Lisa
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

A letter someone fished out of Priscilla's garbage around 1974. It was torn in half:

“So honey, I am going to see you real soon. I want you to be a good girl for Mommy, and do the things we talked about so she won't worry about you. I know you will try your best. That's all anybody can do sugar, so just have fun and try real hard in school, too. When I finish working this trip, I'll come by and get you. Honey, we'll go back to Memphis and have lots of fun. I can hardly wait until I can be with you my darling, it seems like a long time since last month to me. Guess what happened? I lost a tooth! And the tooth fairy didn't even come say she was sorry, either. You know the one that hurt when you were here last month. It just broke off when I was eating, and I almost ate it. Guess I could chew with my stomach then, huh? I got it fixed, they put a new tooth in for me and now its so white it blinds me when I look in the mirror. Before I forget - Get-Low (Elvis' Chow-Chow dog) says "Hello, and hurry up and play ball with me". He brings me the ball every evening and wags his body to play, but he'd rather play with his baby - you, darling. Me to - I want my baby girl to play with real bad. And sometimes this little daddy cries because his baby isn't here to kissy and cuddly with him. I love my baby girl very much. Here's a kissy and a huggy for her and now I'm going to beddy and dream of playing with my sweet Sue-Sue Yessa dolly. XXXX I'll call you when I get to Rhode Island, look at the list I gave you and you'll know what day I am in each city and when you can call me and where I'll be staying.

Bye, Bye
Your Daddy,
Elvis Presley”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:32 pm 
Quote:
A letter someone fished out of Priscilla's garbage around 1974.

Why was someone going through her garbage?

Post subject: garbrage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, The entire time of Elvis' career people rummaged through every trash can they could get their hands on-some of them were reporters looking for "stories", some were fans looking for whatever, some were just looking. Elvis had his trash in locked pens usually, and so did other stars. Priscilla was moving-Elvis had some things still at the house and I guess when they were finishing up the moving, things were open and out in reach. Whatever. If there was anything in reach there were fans who took things...for instance. When Elvis moved to another place a few blocks from his Bel Air house that I was lucky enough to get inside of a couple of times, some of the cars were in the driveway, being loaded with last minute things. One of the cars had the doors open and some fans (I'm not sure now of their names though once I did know a couple of first names)
saw prescription bags and things on the front seat. No one was around, and the trunck was open as well. They took the prescription bags because there were medications with Elvis' name on them. Some were things that he needed-they apparently had just been picked up at the drugstore or from the medicine cabinet at the house or bathroom, whatever they took them. They took some things from the trunk too, that they thought were Elvis'. I know that Elvis was very angry and upset that they got his medication-for one thing it was stuff he needed and for another some of it pertained to a "secret" he kept his entire life, from the public and press. He was upset, disgusted and fit to be tied as hs uncle Vestor used to say alot when describing his nephew's upset moments. The girls with the stuff didn't give it back, it was shown as trophies among that group. As for going through Priscilla's trash, Why was such a thing as a letter from Elvis to his child torn up and in the trash??? I guess there was a first page too, but apparently some of it was "lost" so they couldn't put it back together??? I have no idea. I didn't get it from anyone of them-and didn't know of it until some time after his death. But I believe that it was from him and that is his handwriting and signature as I know it to be-I have several samples of his writing and like everyone, his writing changed with moods, time and health-yet there are still some things that never change. A really good clue is the way he made his "i" "I" -that varies slightly but some things about them never varied. And there are other little things too, Plus he was often very messy-he didn't write that often, he usually wrote in cars, on planes, or whereever he happened to think of it. And used whatever he had. There is one story of him writing a check on a paper bag-and his bank cahsed it!
The person asked if they could have it back after it was cancelled and returned to Graceland and Elvis' father gave it to him. What a trophy that is! I have one little note from Elvis that is so dear and funny too, He was so unhappy about his movies, we got a note from him that was sent with some movie stills (I was always asking him for them-sweetheart that he was he'd always send me some from each movie-and then he wanted to know what the heck I was doing with all of them?) I gave them to friends and people who didn't have any. He then was satisfied and sent me several from each film. But he said in that note, "Wanda, the movie is awful, don't go, unless you like to be sickened." It was
Trouble With Girls. He was right, it's my least favorite-that and the helicopter movie. Paradise Hawaiian Style.
Bye,

Post subject: trash
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

[i See. I need to reread my stuff!! The movie that he said was "awful" was Double Trouble. I always confuse those titles-just one of my quirks I guess. But anyway,
that's how things get messed up-I need a new brain implant-probably a monkey brain would be better than mine at times. Bye[/i]

Post subject: films
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:26 pm 
Wanda, although he said you shouldn't go to see Double Trouble because you'd be sickened I'll bet he'd have said the same about Trouble With Girls. I find the later the film is the worse it is! I divide Elvis films into Pretend Elvis (the rubbish he was forced into) and Real Elvis (On Tour and any live performance, anywhere he's being himself). King Creole although fiction I tend to put into Real Elvis category as although acting he's clearly wants to be there in that role in that film. Most of the later films I literally can't watch as they make me want to throw up. I hate seeing Elvis looking so unhappy.
love
Deborah

Post subject: movies
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, this is my second attempt to post this. The first one escaped. I liked that movie because they did lots of closeups of Elvis' face-I loved his eyes and liked to read his expressions. And too, he looked great! Happy, he was happy then-at home and he was getting out of the movie business! Free at last. He looked good in Change of Habit also-got to wear regular looking clothing and didn't have to correct his speech for once, and he was almost over...movies I mean. In Trouble with Girls he had fun "playing" with his leading lady on film. Look at his face when "dancing" on stage with her and her turning to give him a look when he was a bit fresh with those hands! And again when he's dragging her onto the train at the end, and he's enjoying it-he liked her because they "fussed and argued" and she didn't take any "crap" off him either-his words. She was fisty and intelligent, and she looked good in that film. So did he. Too bad he wasn't on the first half the film????
But you got to admit-those close ups were just o.k.!
welcome to ELC. if my other post shows up-I'll erase it and keep this one-it's shorter. I talk to much...wjh.

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I read and reread the letter he wrote to Lisa.

It was a beautiful content, why does a mother throws away a letter a father sended to his daughter.

These are keepsakes.

I really think Priscilla has hidden a lot of gifts, and cards and letters etc from him.

I saw Lisa was surprised even today at the Oprah show, about gifts she never saw again, jewellry; mink coat etc...

What kind of women keeps that away from her daughter even when she is grownup.

It almost seems like Priscilla hated him.

You know there is another story going on about thorn pictures. Some say they were in Priscilla's garbage, some say they were in a restaurant on a table, left by her.

Do really not know the truth, but again what kind of a mother thorns pictures from her baby daughter :roll: (if it is true)

these are just a few of them, there were a lot more but probably you all know these pics alreaddy. If you don't I gladly post the rest OK

Riley

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: Photos
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:55 am 
Site Admin

I had seen a couple of those-Pris would have thrown away anything she thought was not "good enough" of her or her baby. She had so many pictures-and she probably didn't even think about what it might look like. She did have funny ideas about things Elvis gave the kid, she wanted her to grow up "normal" not the rich little kid thing. She made mistakes, she was a kid herself having not been allowed to "try her wings" on her own from the age of 16 or so when Elvis "got his hands on the reins" and protected her. And he did-he was some what of a dictator and perfectionest and over protective I'm sure.
But he waited, he didn't have to do that, but he waited for her to "grow up"- he just didn't realize that she would change especially when she got a "taste of the real world". Having never had the freedom to live out there in the world, it was a very heady experience for her. We have to cut her some slack because he knew too late that he had made a mistake in keeping her so sheltered and protected-in "my world" he said. And he did. But you would think that she would have been able to see both sides and I don't think she ever did. She did help save Graceland-it was her money too-and she did try to give Lisa a "normal life" but she didn't realize it was impossible for her to be normal-she was Elvis Presley's child-his ONLY child! Elvis forgave her and said it was his fault- and he was right- alot of it was his fault but we have to cut him some slack too because he was doing what he thought would be best-he waited it out-he tried to give her time to grow up and I guess she played the part well-he was convinced it would be forever. Still, Elvis liked doing things when he wanted to and he didn't like being held back or kept waiting or having someone unhappy bacause he didn't show up or whatever. And he kept her waiting on him alot-and he didn't ever take her seriously when she tried to tell him things-he'd get her to laughing and or just leave if it turned into an arguement. He realized his mistakes. he saw her's too and he accepted it all as fate and the way it was supposed to be. He needed to be free, to do what he needed to do when he wanted to do it...and he couldn't do that when he had a woman waiting for him every mintue of ever day- and she wanted him there.
He said before they married and were arguing. "She wants me to put myself in a room with a lock and give her the only key". He couldn't live that way-it wasn't in his nature or what he was meant to do with his life. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Last post-
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Boy oh, boy! I am a "know it all" sounding ding-bat for sure! Please excuse my opinonating tendency- geeze it never ends! I really don't have the right to say what he thought or she thought or anything about it- I guess I just keep repeating and repeating what he spoke of and that's unfair really, because there are two sides, maybe more than two who knows... anyway, that's just my take (again) on it and that's it for me on that subject! Way too much, too often and damn long to boot! I am sorry....will try to do better! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June,

I think we all love the fact that you share your knowledge with us.

Please don't stop doing so

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Page 1 of 5 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next