It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 5 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: ELVIS DREAM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I had a dream last night in which I was one of Elvis' back-up singers. It was after his death but he was still touring! No one seemed to notice the seeming inconsistancy re that. Elvis was in his later years '76 or '77 but healthy.
I remember being concerned for him in other ways though. For example, I was given complimentary tickets to give away to folks but was worried it was too many. I didn't want to take advantage of him, so instead of one per person, I gave out one per couple, so that at least one of the party of two would have to pay.
And then I was worried that since he was playing in a school auditorian it would be too small, but then I remembered he like the smaller settings.

Then he & I were sitting down talking with each other. There were also people nearby and he was making them laugh.
I was asking him how many complimentary tickets I should give away and he smiled at me saying he didn't care if he lost money.
And then I was asking him (checking to be sure) what date we were to be in my home town and he said December some time. Then I said I thought it was November 22. And then he said oh that must be it in a very lighthearted fashion.
He seemed to be totally unconcerned about money, dates for tours etc. I think because where he's at now, those type things must be trivial.

I can remember telling some people I would be on stage with him, but that I would be just doing a small part. It's like it was important to me to not let being on stage with Elvis to go to my head. I guess in a sense I'm part of his real life back-up team; not musically speaking, but part of defending the truth about him and being part of his spiritual network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

I MAY BE WAY OFF, BUT WASN'T IT NOV. 22ND WHEN JFK WAS SHOT? YOU KNOW HOW UPSET ELVIS WAS OVER THAT.

PROBABLY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DREAM...JUST POPPED INTO MY HEAD! :roll:

I AM TERRIBLE AT DATES, SO MAY NOT BE RIGHT ON THAT, EITHER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, what a neat dream! He didn't always know for sure what dates when, I kind of think he didn't want to know sometimes if he'd been out for a while, then he just looked forward to the last one so he could "go home and sleep in my own bed-which ever one it is." He had two or three sometimes four places he could call "my own bed". I think it would be really difficult sleeping in so many strange places...I like my own bedroom and bed!
May be another reason he wanted his plane so he could go there should he wish to sleep in his "own bed" etc:.
It would take a special kind of person to be a back up singer and travel around like that-staying away from home so much etc;...yet, what a great experience and fun thing to do for those few hours a night! I would have enjoyed that I think-except I can't carry a tune in a bucket! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
BUT WASN'T IT NOV. 22ND WHEN JFK WAS SHOT?

You might have something there Maia. Could be a connection. Hadn't even thought about that.

And what makes this date reference even weirder is that I had another dream with this same date in it. It was not an Elvis dream but had to do with some major event happening (can't remember exaclty - earthquake maybe or some other big event) on that day. I assumed it was referring the future, but who knows. . . could be picking up something from the past. I have never had another dream with any dates given in them; just 2 dreams and they were both November 22. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:05 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

oh laurie, this is very rare, when you mentioned 'two dreams with that date' i got goosebumps, so i presume this must be important to you... maybe the date itself otherwise maybe the numbers which do have a particular meaning for you...

especially the number '2',
'2' dreams, 22 nov, and november is '11' so there is again that '2'

luv'
kira

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Kira, what an interesting way to look at it!!!
Yes, the # 2 does seem to seem to be predominate. I don't know much about numerology. I wonder what the # 2 means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie,

While reading in your dream about November 22, the first thing that came to my mind was JFK's death too.

The general feeling I get from your dream is that of your struggle between keeping your "mind centred in matter of fact questions" or following Elvis' "ways".

The "ways" Elvis show in the dream are about being free of worries (your worries). He is lighthearted, joyfull, sharing, giving out "his song" (his soul's song) without "measuring" it. To you it may seem a lack of prudence, of "not being in touch with reality". But it is "your" fear, not his'.

When you ask Elvis about when you are coming to your home town, you are speaking of yourself. Saying December, he means soon. When you want to be more precise (your own worry), and want to confirm it to be Nov. 22, he confirms it lighthearted.

My interpretation about that key point: When unexpectedly JFK is "shot" (I mean somebody took his life out from some dark purpose), everything seemed to tumble down, and the whole world was in shock. This is the aspect you are afraid of, about freeing yourself to let it be (what Elvis/El'vis is signaling all the time: just being oneself through Love). You do not only may be afraid about the tumbling sense of everything but the shock effect afterwards. And to find out it was produced from outside you, from outer influence.

Indeed, one has to die in a way, to be reborn to a "new" life and what "was" is never to be the same. But it is for good.

Please, let me tell you that this kind of fears are the must frequent ones before jumping from the "top of the mountain" blindly in Faith. :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

thank you amanda for your in depth insight. i did notice that i was caught up in worries and that elvis was not, but you have taken the dream analysis to a much deeper level. and if JFK's death came to you and maia both, well it must have some significance and i like very much what you have to say.

really, to be happy i must die to my old life. i've been miserable anyway, always feeling like i've been living someone else's life. it's been so empty and i have no energy left to go on being something i'm not.

i shall have to reread your reply above a couple times i think for it all totally sink in. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

i have to add.....don't know if it means anything, but the morning before i had this dream, my bedroom TV died....completely fried, smoke coming out with that awful electrical smell. well you know TV projects an image of unreality doesn't it. people act and pretend to be something they're not. interesting timing isn't it????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, interesting timing indeed. Your reflection on it seems to me very much accurate. TV may be the paradigm of a flat, plain reality that leaves out the true meaning of Life.

Wish you the best, Laurie. :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 5 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next