It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 6 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Its great everything went so fine with Presley, Di! I share completely what Wanda tells you about what to expect about his full recovering. It will be fast and easy.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:21 am 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for the update on sweet little Prseley Di. :D I'm so glad the surgery went well and I too feel that he will be just fine. :D Oh, and no worries about how you think he looks in the picture--he looks just as precious as ever. :D

Post subject: Thank You All
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:45 pm 

Thank you to everyone for their kind words of support. My husband picked him up today and he is fine but quiet. They told my husband that each person at night takes a pet and looks after them. They all fought over Presley because he is so cute. I said, of course, look at his namesake. :wink:

I had to laugh when I saw the breakdown of the bill. They charged $45.00 for a shot of valium. I told my husband you could probably buy a pill for about $3.00.

Wanda, they wouldn't budge on the bill. My husband wanted to pay them the final $400.00 when he went back in 2 weeks and they said no. My Vet said he can look at the leg in 2 weeks so as long as there are no complications we are not going back there. I appreciate everything they did but feel that the bill was out of line.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

I would report them to the better business bureau-and tell them that you would have been willing to sign an agreement for the amount owed, and they weren't going to give you your dog without payment. DID they give you an estimate in writing? They are supposed to do that-not just a verbal statement. I would look for another vet-in fact I would begin asking anyone you know who has pets where they go and if they are satisfied and how long they have gone there. Then go visit and find out what their policy is on high end emergency treatments. After all, you had the insurance to pay the bill so you should not have had to pay anything but what the insurance did not cover. Can't you now send the bill to the insurance and get some of your money back? That's why you have the insurance isn't it? I've never had that except for my stallion when he was showing-and fortunately he never needed it. I worried about broken legs etc: with him-horse policys are not so good-they won't let anything be done for the horse without their permission and then they consult with vets on their staff etc; and by then the horse is so bad off they sometimes don't have a good recovery.
I thought that dog and cat insurance would be better as they are so small and shouldn't cost so much. I can't believe the cost would be so high-it was the "normal" break for small young dogs they told you...I would have to report them - it does seem very unreasonable. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:34 pm 

Wanda, this was the surgeon so I don't intend to use him again. He was recommended by my Vet who I am going to tell about this.

The pet insurance will pay some of it but don't know how much.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

I'm so glad that your husband was able to pick precious little Presley up today, and I will pray that you can resolve the issues you're having with the bill very soon. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for the link Sue-Lenora. :D Being an animal lover I think it's a most wonderful charity indeed! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I am glad Presley is home and I hope that you get your bill/insurance problem works out ok! Thank you Sue for the link I do love animals very much its a wonderful charity! :D

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much Sue for posting the links to these 2 very worthwhile Charities for us! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

No worries my friend! :wink: :lol:

Page 4 of 6 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next