It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Retreat
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

That peace and quiet is just what thrilled him when he got to go to the retreat- Self-Realization Center up in the hills north of LA. But he couldn't get his wife or friends to go very much and he went alone some and that didn't go over well with some people, so he quit doing that also after a while. He would do just about anyting to keep the peace in his family life...personal life.
Then finally he'd get enough and blow up-but it took a lot to make him do that. What he did for Priscilla was give in most of the time-when he felt he could... choosing to read when she was not there, reading in the bathroom, taking books to the studio to read and hiding them all-the offensive to her and others, kind of books. They were just scared, as she said of losing him...especially when he said he would like to become a "monk" and spend some time there-of course he would have been climbing the walls there also after a while, and he knew it.
I don't know why he gave up the program and studies he was so excited to be doing-but he did-and said he was not able to live up to the requirements of being "pure in heart, mind, spirit and body" a pure being filled with love and desire to help others. He quit, that was why he was wearing the big scarves over his shoulders and tied in front-it was symbolic of where he was in those studies-he stopped wearing them too.
He went from white to gold and there were 3 other colors I think he said, representing the spiritual steps and he wanted to go to lavendar and then he could wear the emblem, the colors and have the ability to perform certain ceremonies and religious events as a "priest". But I don't know what order it was called or anything else. He was so proud that they would accept him and let him become a member and a priest of the order. That was scaring his people and family badly-especially Priscilla who had seen the young women there and Elvis spending time talking with them, and the col. and Elvis' father- him because Elvis was giving somuch money to the order-buying things for the temple and paying bills for them so they could enlarge
etc: and he was staying up there over night and several days at a time-not coming home and not having any outside contact while he studied and trained. Pris didn't like that one iota he said-but she would have to get used to it because "I love doing it and I want to do it. It's the best for all of us-it will be good for her, she'll see." A few weeks later he quit and said he didn't "have time" and then that he wasn't good enough. Love made him what he was and love took him down. Wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

that was sad but nice to hear again Wanda.. :( a few minutes ago I read in a forum,something I could call a huge c..p and had to answer,..Elvis quit everything that was him and good to him also for many people including her, look what that person does his memories in return..When I said I didn't like "Elvis by the Presleys" DVD ,that was what I meant.This program was awfull,many saw good in it but me, yeah I'm nuts ok ..but here's an opinion that a person got from Pris's telling..here is the result..Elvis;.."he forced her to make love to him, kept her almost in a cage, cheated her and he was a sexist."and I'm tired of hearing similar questions and comments when I mention of him by mistake :roll:
this was what I was trying to tell.. she said that programme and the dvd was for the next generations to know Elvi better,as the book was for her daughter :roll: ..yeah I'm sure of this ,they will know him better.. :x

Last edited by Lighthouseseeker on Fri May 05, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Elvis in my life
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
It would be possible I would think-he comes to many in dreams and so forth, some of them NOT even fans or interested in Elvis as such-he just shows up and usually it is a profound change in those people.

This is what happened to me about a year ago, though it was not a dream. Maybe some day I will share what happened. I was changed because of it and have been an Elvis fan ever since.

Post subject: Dreams & Elvis
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

I hope that if you have a need to tell what happened Laurie that this venu will be a good site. People usually know when they need to "let go" or tell something that is personal and needs to be "let out"... but don't if there is any question about it, or things don't always work the way you might hope. I've learned that-if that still, small voice whispers "wait" I wait now-when I used to not listen. I learned that from Elvis and also learned how to open that door a little crack-still not a very wide one but maybe someday.
I went on line and found my name on 37 sites-other than these. That's a scary thing! Some of them were not cool either-but I will follow Elvis' direction and ignore them as they only reflect badly on themselves...and any publicity is good publicity...okay buddy, will hold you to that one! Anyway, what a scary thing...I don't even know those people and they seem to "know me" to hear them tell it. Crazy!
Maybe I'll dream about them tonight and "zap them away" in my sleep. My daughter has dreams of getting rid of people who cause her grief and striff through her work and she says it is a great outlet-you feel so much better the next day. Might give it a try one of these days.wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:01 am 
I think if Elvis would have had the right woman beside him, that wanted the same things Spiritually, and was securied in the Fact that she was the only woman he Loved and was welling to listen, comfort, and Support him things would have been alot different. Barb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Indeed, but was there any women in particular you have in mind, who fits that profile.

It still amazes me till today that he had Priscilla living with him all these years and still was not able to see that they didn't match.

He must have known her alreaddy very well BEFORE the marriage.

Nadine

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I've wondered about that too because Elvis & Priscilla were such a spiritual mismatch. As Wanda has mentioned, Elvis knew the Bible well, & so was likely familiar with the scripture of not being unequally yoked. Maybe Priscilla reminded him of his mother & she seemingly filled a void brought about because of his mother's death. Regardless, it's obvious he was smitten with her & continued to always love her. To me, Linda Thompson had the personality which was best suited for him.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: The right time
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:59 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Quote:
I've learned that-if that still, small voice whispers "wait" I wait now-when I used to not listen. I learned that from Elvis

Good advice from you (& Elvis)! When I had my Elvis experience, I told several people & boy was that a mistake! Some folks said it was the devil. One said I was into idol worship. So I decided it best to keep quiet, as I could tell they did not understand. This is a very accepting & loving forum, so when the time is right, I'm sure I will feel comfortable sharing it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:06 am 
I know exactly what you mean. When I talk to non fans (especially my parents) and I talk of him as that special man with special gifts and talent they stare at me as I'm a nutcase or something. they can accept the fact that I like him very much as a singer, that I like him because he just was sooo extremely good looking, that I like to collect his pics they also accept BUT that I talk about his special gifts, like him studieng the bible, speaking with voices in his head, seeing angels, healing people and wanting to become a monk then they starte at me and they simply say "he must have been crazy". That hurts but anyhow I stopped talking about him at all. I do play his music at home and talk about him in means of his career, his daughters career, Priscilla etc... but never the special things we share here. Also never the things we as insiders thanks to Wanda June know. Like why his marriage really failt, Priscilla cheating him etc...

I never mention that. Because most say he cheated that poor girl, he died because of his own fault taking pills and being alcoholic, being a momma's boy, being fat due to overeating etc... These are common things I hear but I choose to shut my mouth most of the time. those are all ignorant ones and I'm the lucky one to know all of you, to know him and to have him in my daily life . he is always there to comfort me, he will always be part of my life and no one will ever stop that. He is part of my reason for living also my daughters and husband and parents. And my animals (dog, turtels, hamster) :D

Nadine

Post subject: sharing
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Right on kids, when I did interviews the first time around, I tried to talk some about Elvis' interest in religion and how he had been on a serach for truth and why he was Elvis Presley, that he was deeply spiritual and prayed before going on stage. I was looked at kind of like a fruit cake but I still said a few things and then I said, he wanted to make people happy and do so by singing, and that he prayed because he felt that he needed to be able to give them that happiness through song and musicl The sort of accepted that angle and I found out how much animosity there was in the media and from his guys because I insisted that Elvis was religious, spiritual and devoted to reading the Bible and prayed daily, that he mediated and tried to live as pure a life as possible in the business that he was in. Some of them liked that but there were others who more or less blew me off as so much fluff. Still, people watching and listening sent me letters by the hundreds and they were the ones who understood and wanted to know more about Elvis' beliefs and the man behind the myth. That made it all worth while. Even to have the "great" Larry King leer down my dress and make snide comments and suggestions during the breaks! He was such a twit-a real ugly dued to boot- now of course he is Larry the KING on his television program. But back then he was just climbing up the bodies to get there. Off air he was asking me personal questions about Elvis-in bed, with whom, etc and of course, did I. What a block head! I still laugh at him on tv. Jerk-o is his nick name from me. wjh

Page 4 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next