It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: PBS "INSPIRATIONS" by Wayne Dyer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

I saw on PBS the other night Wayne Dyer speaking for about 2 hours. I was called "INSPIRATIONS" and he has a book out by the same name, which I have not yet read, although he covered some of it in his talk.

I have not laughed and cried as much in a long time as listening to this man speak. HE IS THE GENUINE ARTICLE - his words are simple, direct, full of humanity, humor and at times, pathos...always FROM THE HEART.

A lot of what he said, you might say, "Yeah, I already know that" if examining the knowledge itself. But when he SAID it and HOW he said it and the true stories he told ABOUT it took me to a much, much deeper place with it all and made me realize that I really didn't "know" it - I just thought I did.

If you have the opportunity to watch this show, PLEASE DO. It is exceptional. It is technically 4 hours, but if you TAPE it first, you can skip through the long segments of pitching PBS (it's an easy fast-forward), well worth the effort!

You might also enjoy what he has to offer on this website:

http://www.drwaynedyer.com

MORE...from my notes on the program

Wayne Dyer quoted Mark Twain:

"FORGIVENESS IS THE FRAGRANCE THE VIOLET SHEDS ON THE HEAL THAT CRUSHES IT."

Wayne said that the MOST IMPORTANT DECISION IN YOUR LIFE WILL BE: "DO I LIVE IN A FRIENDLY OR HOSTILE UNIVERSE?"

That one REALLY hit me! It IS the most important decision...which do we choose? Our choice will completely color our whole experience of life - the other decisions we make, the relationships we have...everything!

Another good one from Wayne: "STOP LOOKING FOR THINGS TO BE OFFENDED BY."

Wayne has been doing his thing for 30 years...wonder if Elvis knew about him? As I watched the program, I could not help but feel how Elvis would have LOVED it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Wayne said that the MOST IMPORTANT DECISION IN YOUR LIFE WILL BE: "DO I LIVE IN A FRIENDLY OR HOSTILE UNIVERSE?"

That one REALLY hit me! It IS the most important decision...which do we choose? Our choice will completely color our whole experience of life - the other decisions we make, the relationships we have...everything!

This is a good one!

When I was little, I was very afraid of darkness, of the things "hidden" in it. When I grew up some (still a girl9, I reflected: "I love Life. I'm to favour Life. I'm a portion of Life, so how can Life go against itself going against me?". This was the end of that fear. :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Re: PBS "INSPIRATIONS" by Wayne Dyer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

maia wrote:
Wayne Dyer quoted Mark Twain:

"FORGIVENESS IS THE FRAGRANCE THE VIOLET SHEDS ON THE HEAL THAT CRUSHES IT."

Pure poetry and so true. Beautiful yet powerful words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

WOW Maia!! :D Thanks for putting that link up to Wayne's website. :D The information there really spoke to me in a very unique way. :D I am going to try and get both of those books as soon as I can--"Being In Balance" for myself and "Unstoppable Me" for my daughter as I've unfortunately run into far too many people who believe that autism somehow limits a child's personal potential and my husband and I keep trying our best everyday to make sure that she knows that that is NOT true! :roll: The one quote of his that you shared that just overtook me with realization was this one:
maia wrote:
If we stop and REALLY think about that amazing statement, it's easy to see how positively or negatively the vibrations of that very mindset one way or the other can affect everything in our lives. :D Like I said--WOW!!! :o The other quote you shared "STOP LOOKING FOR THINGS TO BE OFFENDED BY" is one that I can honestly say I need to work on within my self also. :oops: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I certainly need to work on alot of it myself!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]