It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: NEW LETTER FROM LISA June 2007
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Letter from LMP

To say that I miss you as much as you miss me is an understatement.
I am sorry it has been so long since I have posted anything.
I spent the first months of this new year quitting smoking (cold ass turkey) and you wouldn't have wanted to hear anything from me at that time anyway. I didn't want to hear from me. It was unbearable being in my own skin.
The absolute hardest thing I have ever done. It took MONTHS to overcome the drug's powerful pull but, understanding what the process is and what nicotine does helped me fight and finally win.
If anyone wants good insight about this for yourself or a loved one check out Whyquit.com. It's VERY straightforward, It helped keep me on the rails. (I still can't believe I did it)
ANYWAY, other than that I am writing. I am taking my time with the next record.
I have also been re-arranging the hell out of my life and the people in it. It may seem quiet to you but it's certainly not been quiet to those people. :) lol
Also, things are pretty crazy right now in music and in the land of "celebrity" as I'm sure you've noticed. It's not very inspiring, as a songwriter, as a "celebrity" myself or (more importantly) even as a member of the human race. We are constantly drowning and gasping for air in dirty and painfully SHALLOW water. I want nothing to do with it and so my instinct has led me to retract. I realize that is not going to make you happy to hear that but I have found it all incredibly stultifying. I AM writing the next record (In spite of myself). I can't NOT write, but I just don't want to ONLY write about how uninspired and disgusted I am ...lolol
On an entirely different subject I have turned into an insane cat person. Lockwood and I both have and it's not right!
Splotch has a new brother. We adopted him from the Humane society, His name is Finious.
We treat them and talk about them like they are our children. I always thought people like that with animals were completey insane and I have now become one.
She ain't too happy about him just yet. I'm sure she'll tell you all about it :)
I miss you and I hope things are good for you!
All my love
~LMP

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Zey! What a great young woman she has become!!! So like her daddy...so much so. How she expresses her feelings and the words she chooses to use..so like him. He might be withdrawn and slow to open up and be real, but when he did-it tumbled out and she does the same thing...no holds and right there. I like that very much. I think it would be great to be her friend and too, one can't really be open hearted unless one accepts animals into one's heart and life...that's my belief and it sure seems to be true to life. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:00 am 
Site Admin

I agree with everything you just said Wanda. :D As I was reading her letter it felt to me exactly like something her daddy would have written. :D Opening up slowly at first then pouring out her heart's true feelings no holds barred. :D Maybe he was inspiring her as she wrote it?? :wink: I know her daddy must be so proud of her! :D Oh and I agree with your belief about animals too--opening your heart and life up to them is like opening your heart and life up to unconditional love. :D A beautiful feeling most definitely! :D Thank you so much Zey for sharing Lisa's letter with us. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

your welcome friends..her letters worth reading..
btw, Whyquit.com is the site Lisa mentioned in the letter for people who wants to quite smoking..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I love Lisa Marie's openness and directness too! It takes a lot of courage and love for Truth. No other compromise but with oneself. Very admirable nowadays. Thank you, Zey!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Also, things are pretty crazy right now in music and in the land of "celebrity" as I'm sure you've noticed. It's not very inspiring, as a songwriter, as a "celebrity" myself or (more importantly) even as a member of the human race. We are constantly drowning and gasping for air in dirty and painfully SHALLOW water.

Thanks Zey for posting.
If I understand Lisa right, I think she is commenting on the rock music industry of today? If so, she echos my thoughts as well. On the whole, it seems like there isn't the creativity and depth and soul in rock 'n roll that there once was.
Country music still has it from I can tell, and appears to be increasing in popularity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:06 pm 

I think the world of celebrity is probably what all these young ones are getting themelves into like Britney & Paris Hilton. There are 2 that need some real attitude adjusting along with some parenting. LOL

I am sure she is also not looking forward to this 30th Anniversary. I could be wrong but it must be like a dbl. edged sword. Hard time to remember but to see all these people who still love her Dad must make her incredibly proud.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
hope this time will not bring LMP too much insensitive questioning or sorrow being brought too many negative memories, rather the chance to remember her father in a positive, dignified way!

Let's hope so Sue-Lenora. :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]