It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:04 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

thanks for posting Sue..I've read this before and still have things that I would love to ask her..of course I understand she doesn't have to explain why she thinks that way..well, it maybe more difficult to see things when you are too close to a person but,I believe for a musician or a group working in Elvis's band couldn't be less than making a career alone,so I don't think Sweet Inspirations lost a better chance by being "snagged" by Elvis..they will be remembered by more people and longer time for what they did with Elvis, and still doing the same..Other thing is for a free spirit such as her,how come this scientology thing which is just another individual's own beliefs about life,that formed as a religion or whatever you 'd call it, can be so important that she could consider even her inborn qualities like in the question about "That braveness, that strong sense of self,"comes from that religion..it just bugging me that in a very early age she was kinda forced to become a scientologist and was taught her as if it was only for them that she was saved from some of her problems..I believe whatever she fights for,and wins, comes from her personality and her spiritual inheritance..don't think she needed those people to be the person she already is..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Zey-Zia,

Probably Lisa needs more time to gain perspective of herself in the sense you are talking about -what is hers and what comes from a discipline she has gone through. The interview was done some time ago, too.

Quote:
Back in 1997, you did a video shown for an Elvis Tribute concert in Memphis where you’re doing a duet with your father on “Don’t Cry Daddy.” How did that come about?

I did that because I was tired of being some figure that just comes out, smiles and waves and leaves. I was asked to appear at the tribute concert. I said I’d come. I had this whole vision on this airplane. I think I was flying from New York to Florida and oddly enough I was in the bathroom (laughs) and I had this whole vision. I was gonna call David Foster and I knew the song. I was on the plane and I was thinking about it and I started getting emotional with of the idea. I definitely had that relationship with my fad where I felt a lot of pain and I knew that song would be very meaningful. I loved the song. I called David Foster and told him he needed to produce this thing for me, that it was only a one-time deal. I’m not selling it, I’m not selling out but I just wanted to do something for the fans that night that was something special. David said he’d do it. That was kind of the beginning of the whole deal. It was only done for the fans for that one night. Believe me, that could have been packaged and sold. It actually turned out pretty good I thought.

I have looked for the link to the video in YouTube where Lisa was singing that song with her father, with the intention to post it for the newcomers, but it has been removed! I'm so, so sorry... I loved to view it now and then. I didn't know how to save it and now it's lost! That video is really a TREASURE. :( :(

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

hope she will be left alone as much as she needs to be free 100%..of course if it's possible with those "principles" and encouraging family members?? :roll: ok.. I became a demanding big sister to her ,for today :oops:

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:29 am 
Site Admin

I wish I could have heard it! Never did. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:55 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

here's the link,it's still working..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRPWXlOX6U

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Zey for the Youtube link. :D

For more comments on this interview, check out the link below:
elvislightedcan-about1506.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

THANKS, ZEY-ZIA!!!

The link I had in my Favorites list says: "... removed due to terms of use violation." I checked it right now again.

Ffffewwww...! I saved yours to keep. :roll: :P :P :P

Thank you Laurie, for the new link! :D

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much Sue-Lenora for posting this interview with Lisa. :D It was so nice to be able read and "hear" her speak from her heart. :D She is so honest and forthright(just like her daddy :wink: ). :D Thank you also Zey-zia for posting the link to the song that Lisa so beautifully dueted on with her daddy. :D I really enjoyed watching it and it's a definite keeper for sure! :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]