It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: our self worth
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Absolutely right Laurie, we are worth more than silver or gold and we are pearls according to God's word. And as such, we shine, we have vaule and worth no matter how we look to others-The main thing I have had to learn and I suspect other people have problems with it too, is to look at myself without being critical and dumping on my self with doubts and fault finding. I have always had a problem with self image, but as Elvis said of himself, I faked it" and got by. People thought I had confidence etc: and it was all phoney, an act. Even my husband fell for that act-because he is shy and has troulbe dealing with people. I do to, I just become the other person who can do it...and it's not easy. I now have to lose weight again-I had lost 40 lbs and gained back 20 and my blood pressure and joints are acting up again...but I've been sitting too much writing etc: and not out working horses and that's the problem here. Plus it's summer and too hot for me to be outside. And so no I have to starve again=I have a weight problem since I was 48 and I blame it on Elvis because I was depressed he was gone, my life was so dull and no excitemtn and I ate all the wrong things-and then Starla began to perform and we did that and I sat around alot at clubs (didn't drink) but I ate snacks and sat around inhaleing smoke-so that didn't help. Then I got it together with the horses and lost weight and felt pretty good. The came cancer to slow me down again-oh well-got the book done from that time- I know what it is to feel insecure about how one looks, it's hard to take when people who don't know you give you those snice quick looks and their thoughts fly through your head-to your heart. A big shield, works well. I have one. I try to just throw them a smile and say, Hi, hope you're having a nice day! and it throws them, many smile then and you can see their idea of you change right there. I like doing that. A smile,
and a genuiene greeting opens the chakra of the heart...
Elvis told me that. And it's true, it does. some people are so down and glum and nasty just because they never get a smile and warm words...just never know. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

[Original message has been removed. It was a little too personal to have it stay up permanently --Laurie]

Last edited by Blue Moon on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie,I'm really sorry for your childhood,that hurt me.. Happy you both solved the problem at last, but to be honest,I'd love to go back and buy you the things you wished to wear :( ..well, I am overweight too..I was skinny and studying ballet,and,was really in love with ballet and classical music but also got sick so often during my childhood..and when it was serious,my doc gave me shots of anabolic steroids..I was just 8 :shock: ..can you imagine? what a doctor he was.. :roll: from that day on,I put on new pounds each year,but I never worried about this and haven't done anything to shake those pounds off..I think I was too busy with music,or simply just in time he(you know who) came in to my life :wink: ..with such a bright light around you ,you can't see any piece of darkness.. :wink: :D

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:59 am 
LADIES I CAN SEE I'M NOT ALONE AT ALL FROM SELF DOUBT, I DID FOR A VERY LONG TIME WONDER JUST WHY I WAS EVEN BORN. I GUESS THE OLD EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE I HAD TO GO THROUGH GROWING UP WAS CREEPING BACK, OF FEELING NOT WORTHY AND UNLOVED. BUT ONE MORNING I OPENED BY BIBLE AND WHERE I OPENED IT THIS IS WHAT I READ! FOR "SHOWING ME PURPOSE" THAT EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T BEEN GIVEN VISIONS OR DON'T HEAR VOICES, NO LETTERS WRITTEN IN FIRE UPON THE WALL SAYING DO THIS OR DO THAT " THIS IS YOUR REASON FOR BEING. YET SOME HOW YOU KEEP TRACK OF YOUR FLOUNDERING CREATURES. MAYBE BECAUSE LIFE IS FILLED WITH DEFEAT AND HEARTBREAK, WE FIND OURSELVES TURNING TO THE LORD, YEILDING OURSELVES TO THE LORD, AND TO HIS WILL. SO HOWEVER HUMBLE OUR CIRCUMSTANCES OR UNDRAMATIC OUR TALENTS, OUR TRUE PURPOSE HAS BEEN REVEALED. WE ARE MENAT TO BE THIS PERSON AT THIS TIME AND PLACE. NOT ONLY FOR OURSELVES, BUT FOR YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE- WE WERE MEANT TO MAKE THIS PARTICULAR CONTIRBUTION TO THE WORLD. SO JULIE AND LAURIE TO THIS IS SAYING, EVEN THOUGH WE MIGHT NOT THINK WE ARE WORTHY OR WE AREN'T THAT PRETTY, OR WHAT EVER. WE ARE MEANT TO BE HERE TO HELP OTHERS THAT ARE FEELING THE SAME WAY, FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES. THEN WHEN WE HAVE DONE THIS, THEN WE SEE WHAT OUR OWN PURPOSE IS FOR. I ALSO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT NOT WHATING ELVIS TO SEE YOU JULIE, I HAVE THOUGHT THE VERY SAME THING ABOUT MYSELF. BUT I HAVE SEEN ELVIS WITH EVERY SHAPE SIZE, AND LOOKS AND HE WAS ALWAYS EITHER HUGGING THEM OR KISSING THEM. LIKE WANDA SAID HE LOOKED INSIDE THEM, AND I AGREE WITH YOUR DAUGHTER WANDA, SINCE I WILL NEVER FIND A MAN LIKE ELVIS I DON'T WHAT ANY MAN! :wink: I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU LIKE IT DID ME! FAIRYTALE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:54 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I absolutely agree with everything said above. May I add:

I already know that our basic conflict, lived in childhood, is really our course to develope our own masterhood in life -something each one has to do. To transcent that main conflict, many hidden resources are activated and our potenciality starts to fulfil. If we would be suplied with everything we wanted as a child, there would be no place we would wish to go. We would stay quiet there and would stop growing as human beings.

Suffering, as you already quoted, starts the search for God, Love, Truth and Light. It has the strenght of being highly needed and it rips the veil of apparent reality.

As we know, more and more, each other in this forum, it comes more clear that, in different grades, we all had difficult lifes. My heart is full of compassion for us, having such hard times. But, at the same time, look where we are now: conforming a FIELD OF ROSES! :D

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: About obesity
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

About a month or so ago, I saw in the news, that a team of investigators found that obesity was caused by some kind of virus. Besides, it coul be contagious. 8)

Imagine, so many people feeling "guilty" for being obese, because society tends to put the blame on them for their condition! :roll:

Due the economical interest obesity cure may have, I'm sure that the investigations will progress quickly and very soon we'll released from that problem. All the psychological derivations of it, will cease at last! :P : :P

Some of us will be very happy! We'll be as light as our heart is! :D

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

THANK YOU, SUE.... my ANGEL... for bringing this UP... IT IS SOOOO TRUE.... :D :D

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:40 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so very much for these sweet and beautiful pictures you shared with us dear Carola. :D How right you are--We're NEVER alone! :D Thank you for bringing this back around Sue! :D

Post subject: Re: Don't ever be lonely!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Image :hug: :love:

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject: Re: Don't ever be lonely!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:29 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi There and I thank you too Ka'rala!! :hug: :hug: :D :D