It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Guardian angels
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:58 am 
Sun Dial

Who is my guardian angel ? Well I found the answer on this site:

http://www.viloria.com/viloria/adi/guardian.shtml:

St. Michael is the Commander-in-Chief of all the hierarchies of the Heavenly Hosts. He is usually known as the Angel who defeated Lucifer and his followers in the first rebellion of creatures against God. By his battlecry: "Mi-ca-El" which means "Who is like unto God?", he was named Michael. He is the first defender of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Mystery of the Incarnation. He is usually associated with the miracles manifesting the almighty power of God with the Blessed Virgin Mary. (Dan. 10:12; 12:1; Apoc. 12:7).

Reflections

1) How strong is my faith in God?
2) Do I firmly believe that He constantly watches me in all my undertakings?
3) Do I reject sin and all the works, promises and influence of Satan?
4) Do I commit myself faithfully to Jesus Christ by serving and loving my neighbors?

Novena to the Archangels

O Mighty Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, St. Michael, we beg you to protect and defend us in ll struggles against the everyday temptations in this world. Help us to overcome all evils and strengthen us, that we may declare our faith in and loyalty to the Most High so that together with all the angels and saints in heaven we may glorify the Lord. St. Michael, please intercede for us together with the Blessed Virgin Mary, and obtain for us the following requests __________.

Present to God the Father all these petitions through Jesus Christ our Lord together with the Holy Spirit forever and ever. Amen.

what about yours? Ithink it's intersting to know...

Elvis guardian angel was:

St. Raphael is the Archangel of the Christian's journey to heaven. He is assigned by God to accompany us along the way of our pilgrimage in search of the treasures of real happiness which God has in store for all His children. He also gives the light to discern correctly God's ways and
protects us from the dangers that befall us on our way to our heavenly home. As his name Raphael connotes, "medicine of God," he is the Angel that brings good health and abundant provisions during our journey. (Tob. 8:3; 12:15

Quote:
He is assigned by God to accompany us along the way of our pilgrimage in search of the treasures of real happiness which God has in store for all His children.

Intersting, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:11 am 

Mine is

St. Michael is the Commander-in-Chief of all the hierarchies of the Heavenly Hosts. He is usually known as the Angel who defeated Lucifer and his followers in the first rebellion of creatures against God. By his battlecry: "Mi-ca-El" which means "Who is like unto God?", he was named Michael. He is the first defender of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Mystery of the Incarnation. He is usually associated with the miracles manifesting the almighty power of God with the Blessed Virgin Mary. (Dan. 10:12; 12:1; Apoc. 12:7).

Thanls for posting this.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:24 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for posting this link for us Kenya. :D It was very enlightening and uplifting to read. :D Here is mine. :)

St. Sealtiel continually stands before God, with incenser in hand in unceasing adoration of the Most Holy Trinity. As the Archangel of contemplation and worship, his angelic purity transforms the love and worship which we mortals give to God. We need St. Sealtiel's powerful intercession before God's throne to overcome the evils of hedonism in our day. May the evils of drug addition, sex exploitation and abortion become things of discredited past. May endless hymns of praise rise from all peoples as they chant in union with the Heavenly Choirs of Angels, in perpetual thanksgiving for God's bountiful blessings. He is known to be the angel who stopped Abraham from killing his son Isaac as a sacrifice. (Gen. 22:12)

Reflections

1) Do I take time to pray and reflect during some moments of the day?
2) Do I praise and thank God for every blessing in my life?
3) Do I pray with filial trust and confidence in God?
4) Do I make my life prayer of praise and thanksgiving?

Novena to the Archangels

O Pure and Holy Archangel St. Sealtiel, you bow before the Almighty Lord offering angelic salutations of praise and thanksgiving. Guide us in our prayer. Like you, we would like to unceasingly pray and worship God the right way. May our lives be like incense pleasing to God. While awaiting for the inevitable time of separation frmo this material world, may we praise the Holy Trinity in the spirit of true love and humility throughout the days of our life in eternity. Obtain for us these favors _________ and present to God the Father all these petitions through Jesus Christ our Lord together with the Holy Spirit forever and ever.
Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

As I am born on Sunday, my Guardian Angel is also St. Michael, as yours also, Kenya! Thanks for the link!!!!! :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Gosh! THANK you for posting that! I have a little silver medalian that Elvis gave me for a charm bracelet that I was wearing and didn't have many charms for yet-I wanted special ones I said to him. He gave me one and he SAID, "This is Saint Raphel-wear it for happiness and good health-but don't forget to offer thanks and praise when you have these things." He took the bracelet, clamped that cigar in his teeth and with his fingers-he had no fingernails either, he used the edge of the charm to pry open a link and attached the charm and squezed the link shut with just his fingers. The links were strong-I had to use needle nose pliers to do that! Anyway, I have the charm, most of them fell off along the way but I put that one up when I realized I was losing them. I don't know where the bracelet is but I'm sure I have it-I keep things-even broken ones-ugh. The charm is in my jewelry box which is stuffed with things I'm keeping. Going to look for it and reuse it!!! Thank you. So...DID he know? Or DID he know... he studed everything, so maybe he did.

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:26 pm 

I think he knew Wanda

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:42 pm 
Sun Dial

You're welcome Wanda, hope you will find it...

I really believe in guardian angels. Since the beginning of time, angels have delivered God's messages to mankind. Sometimes the messages are warnings of impending danger, sometimes instructions as to what to do in a particular situation, sometimes they are simply "there" as protection from enemy forces. Sometimes they bring joyful announcements as in the day they announced the birth of Jesus.

Here is a story I found very touching:

My 17-year-old cousin Meg was killed in a car accident Oct 2000.
She was a beautiful, bright, witty young woman with much to look forward to. She loved animals, and was interested in becoming a veterinarian. We were bonded over that - our mutual love of animals and nature.

She was a fun-loving girl who was sweet and kind to everyone.
I'm much older than she was, but we were close anyway. Her death caused a lot of pain and heartache - not only in her family - but her friends and acquaintances as well. We all miss her terribly. Many people got signs from her in the hours and days following her death. We knew she was okay - but it didn't make things easier.

About two months after she died (a few weeks before Christmas,) I was really missing her and feeling sad. I was sad not only for myself, but also for her Mom and the rest of her family - knowing how hard the holidays would be for them.

I was sleeping one night, and had a dream that I was in a crowded corridor. I don't know where I was. There were people all around, but none were actually paying attention to me.

Suddenly someone came up behind me and wrapped their arms around me and squeezed. The words I heard were, "Did you feel that hug??" And yes, it really felt like someone had hugged me... there was no one home who would have done that.

I turned around in the dream, and standing before me looking so radiant and happy was Meg.

I knew it wasn't her physical self, but an angel self. She smiled at me... I asked what she was doing there and how she got there.

But she just smiled at me and said nothing else.

I knew then that she was happy, healthy, and that she was at peace and okay. She hugged me one more time and them disappeared.

I woke up with a feeling of peace and warmth, knowing it was not a dream - but a "visit " from Meg.

I saw her Mom on Christmas eve - she was naturally upset and tearful. I knew then I had to tell her about Meg coming to me. She hugged me for a long time afterward and thanked me for sharing that with her.

She was glad to hear that Meg had visited me, and wished she would get a visit once more. I told her that she would in time. I don't know how I knew that, I just did.

Many months later, Meg's Mom told me that she did finally have a dream of (or visit from) Meg - where she was able to tell her goodbye, and see for herself that Meg was okay.

We get together on Meg's birthday, anniversary to Heaven and other special days just to remember the bright angel that is Meg.

We will always love you Meg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

That's really a nice story, so touching and so real to life, I might add. I firmly believe that the departed can come back to show themselves and even present feelings to their loved ones. Too often heard, from too many people not to believe it. Even very small children have experienced such things. And they have no guile and no reason to say otherwise... wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda thank you so much for sharing what Elvis said to you about the St. Raphael charm he gave you. :D I too believe that he DEFINITELY knew. :D My thanks to you also dear Kenya for sharing such a touching and beautiful story with us. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:26 am 
Sun Dial

Another one... :wink:

Matters of the Heart

I was walking on my lunch hour one day with two co-workers and we started to cross the street while the light was red. One girl was a little ahead of me. The other girl stayed on the curb because she felt she could not make it across before the light changed.

I was in the middle of the street when the light changed fast. As I tried to go cross the next two lanes to the curb in front of me - a car came speeding past and made two black antenna strikes across my hand. It speed to the next block and slammed on brakes.

I could not move past the white line in the street that I needed to step over to the next two lanes.

It felt like a cool wind and fluttering motion was in front of me. It was a wonderful experience. There was a black man walking towards me from the sidewalk and I could see the whites of his eyes so big! He said, "You should be dead right now. You need to thank God right now."

I said I did.

I know that an angel was between me and the traffic in the next two lanes I was trying to cross to get to the other side. The lady who came speeding by was still in the next block and I waved to her that I was okay that she could go on.

I love the experience.

The black man on the sidewalk was so emotional and he seemed to feel what I was feeling that very moment. It made it so special that someone else knew what was going on that very moment. An angel was in front of me and kept me from harm.

I have shared this story so many times. I love to tell people about it. I can actually feel it over again when I tell it.

I was so very blessed that day.

Sherri

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next