It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: On and On It Will Never Stop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:43 pm 

http://www.elvisinternational.com/interviews/sonnywestinterview.html :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Di, I have dial-up so the video interview will take too long download. I am curious, though. What are some of the hi-lights? And what does he say that upsets you so?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, has he aged kind of...badly, is that the word? Hard life, drinking, drugs and etc; will do that I reckeon.
Nothing Sonny has to say will ever convince me that he actually knows anything of importance. His "memories" can't be clear-regardless of how much he might think he remembers as being "real". Saddly, that is true of many of the guys who were on the scene and a part of that once "wonderful life" they were living. Too much, too soon, too fast and then gone, like a rug pulled from beneath their feet. The shock must have been something else-and then he up and died! How could he?
And left them nothing-but fuzzy memories? "Awww...I dun-no...ever one's got their story... right or wrong." To quote a friend... wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:02 pm 

Seems to me more wrong than right when it comes to this crew, Wanda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:05 pm 

Laurie:

He was going on about that Elvis fell asleep in the bathroom because of all the meds and suffocated because he did not wake up. He said something like if his reflexes had been alright he would have rolled over.

Also if he had only listened to him, etc etc.

Post subject: Disdain for Those Guys
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:39 pm 
Sun Dial

Frankly, I don't want to spend over 2 hours listening to anything this cretin has to say. That would be two hours of my life I'll never get back! How would he have any clue about what happened when he was nowhere around? And yeah, yeah, we could all be better off following Sonny's advice. :roll: Oh, and Sonny, message from Elvis -- He wants his TCB necklace back! :evil: The thing is, no one would care anything of what this man had to say were it not for his connection with Elvis. And maybe it's never too late to make amends, and Elvis may have forgiven him, but he has a LONG way to go to make it up to me. I guess I should remember it was Elvis who was the wounded party here, not me. :oops:

Post subject: Re: Disdain for Those Guys
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda Mc wrote:
Oh, and Sonny, message from Elvis -- He wants his TCB necklace back! :evil:

Wanda Mc, I'm curious, so the scuttlebut is that Sonny stole Elvis' TCB necklace? I'm mean I know it was taken but thought it was unknown who took it. Have you heard/read from reliable sources that Sonny is the primary suspect?

Post subject: NO!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:46 pm 
Sun Dial

Sorry for the misconception! No, I clicked on the link and noticed the length of the interview (way too long for my taste, but then so would 2 minutes from this guy that doesn't start out with an apology), then noticed in the photos of Sonny, he is wearing very prominantly his TCB necklace. It just ticked me off, like he still thinks he's one of Elvis's guys. I just feel (sorry, Elvis) that this guy has done so much to hurt Elvis's reputation that he doesn't deserve to wear it. No, I know nothing about what may have happened to Elvis's necklace. Sorry for giving you the wrong idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:03 pm 

Sorry. Didn't mean to make any one angry. I just listened to the first few moments and heard what I posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:05 am 
Site Admin

I don't believe he suffocated in the carpeting-not when he had every evidence of massive heart attack which was proven by the autopsy and the testing done said it wasn't due to drugs-he had ONLY the prescribed amounts for the illnesses he had. And Sonny wasn't there so how does he come about knowing the facts of the "case"? He was off doing his thing-and we all know what that was back then- He'd like to believe that-Lisa as a child might have heard such "speculation" at the moment of the incident and trying to figure out what went wrong-that is where that suffocating story sprang up. People who were trying to figure out what went wrong and who had NO medical knowledge to speak of-and it is true that Elvis had fallen asleep just about any where at times-but he had cut back on things at that time. Even Ginger says that the use of drugs is greatly exaggerated by many who weren't around. She WAS there. I think I would take her word over Sonny's any day. wjh

Page 1 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next