It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: FAITH
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:15 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha :P :wink:

For some reasons I have to put these words here ... for someone :oops: :)

A Faith Self-Exam

“Dear woman,” Jesus said to her, “your faith is great. Your request is granted.” And her daughter was instantly healed.
Matthew 15:28

Great faith. Instant healing. A Gentile woman humbly and persistently pleading with Jesus to heal her child. Do I have such faith? Am I willing to fall to my knees, putting all thoughts of myself and what people think of me aside, begging God to hear my prayers? I think the bigger question is, “Do I really believe that God will answer my prayers?”

I like to think that I would have had the same faith and response that this woman had. The Bible says, “Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see” (Heb. 11:1). I often find myself only having faith when I can see a little bit of what is ahead—what I am hoping for. When I can’t see what’s ahead, I become despondent and frustrated. I start working harder, believing that I have to make things happen. I start to put faith in myself and not in God.

Just as Jesus tested the woman’s faith before he granted her request, so God tests my faith. I am in situations where there seems to be no way out. I come to a point where there is nowhere else to look but up. And I fall to my knees, putting all thoughts of myself and what people think of me aside, begging God to hear my prayers. And you know what? He always answers. Maybe that’s what it takes for me to hear what he’s been saying all along!

Perhaps you are going through a time where you can’t even see two steps in front of you—you can’t even begin to see the future God has in store for you. Will you start putting faith in yourself and start working harder, or will you run to God, fall into his arms, rest in his presence, and allow him to guide your life? Will you be as shamelessly persistent as that woman on the dusty road? Have faith—God has a purpose for your life. He will answer your prayers.....

LOVE
Ka´rala

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

“Do I really believe that God will answer my prayers?”

I DO............ THANKS TO YOU my blue butterfly, i caress your beautiful wings!

Miracle,x

Message for all of us, but when i turn in my heart it is a very special one for Wanda!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you Carola for posting that inspirational piece! I hope that I can have the faith of the woman on the dusty road and that I can just sit back a while and ask for help from God. Mainly for strength and confidence and keep myself out of it entirely. I have lost alot this past year-friends, horses, dogs, cats and soon, my Suzy and it is a hard place -like the saying, between a rock and a hard place...both kind of tough to deal with but that's life...some come, some go and the rest of us fall in between there somewhere until we go-
I was always a happy person, and it's harder to be cheerful these dayis however, I bounce back very well still. And that's my prayer...God give me some really good springs in my feet-I need to bounce way up there again!
I got my new glasses, I'll be able by tomorrow to read small print! And I don't have cancer in my eyes-didn't expect to as it was "removed" already-but it's nice to have confirmation too. It's funny, on the wall at the eye doctor's office where I sat waiting for some time-there was a photograph of a man's eyes-they looked like Elvis' eyes and I kept looking and looking at them-when she came in I said, do you know who those eyes belong to?
It was a real photograph of just the eyes. She said, I sure do! Then she flipped up the photo and on the back it said Elvis Presley, Entertainer! She used to work in an office in Palm Springs and Elvis came in because he had got sand in his eyes and couldn't get it out. She said she washed them out, gave him medicine and took photo's of his eyes for her records. He was 41 at the time and she was 20 years old and had not yet finished her training but was working part time and going to college.
She said he was so handsome, and sweet and relieved when his eyes felt better. She gave him drops that numbed the pain as he had scratched the lens of one eye and it was watering alot. She said he had Lisa with him and she was very curious about what she did and kept an eagle eye on her daddy, very protective of him.
Anyway, she thought his eyes were beautiful and so she used them as decor and to let people see what she saw when looking through the whatever it was she called it.
I told her I thought they were very compelling and that's why I asked...she said he had beautiful eyes that led to his very gentle and kind heart. Anyway, that's as far as we got about him, but I think when I go back I will take a book and give it to her. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Carola. It is of comfort and encouragement to what I am going through right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:42 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Ka'rala!

It's so much easier to find the Faith our Heart naturally envelopes within when we stop aplying our logical mind to everything we live. We have been badly taught that nothing can have existence if it can't be disectioned into pieces, observed, counted, sized, analized.

Fortunately, poets, painters and musicians saved themselves of getting caught in that trap and maintained their freedom to express the Greatest Artist's Creation -Life- and thus, we came nearer the Creator: God.

Now we are living a rebellion of Faith, coming again fully to light, shining and powerful. And nothing can stop it.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:05 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda,

I'm so, so glad you have the confirmation that you have not cancer in your eyes! :P

Yes, it must be trying to see go away so many loved beings, but you already know they are just behind the veil. You are lucky enough to feel or see their loving presence now and then and it's great. Time will come when that veil will come down definitively for all of us and there will be no more sense of loose. (I feel we are really close to that time and it has nothing to do with death, but with evolution).

How amazing you found Elvis eyes there, by your Doctor's office! And the story behind it. Elvis left his positive tread wherever he was! And you can't be too far from him either...! I love how Life displays its loving tapestry in front of you, Wanda. That lady will be so surprised when you'll bring your book to her! I would pay to be there just to wacht her expression when it'd happens. :P :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

my dear Wanda, you 'see' once again, his beautiful eyes are watching over you! He is everywhere around you and among us!

:wink:
a lot of kisses from Miracle and i will put your favourite avatar back on the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
It's funny, on the wall at the eye doctor's office where I sat waiting for some time-there was a photograph of a man's eyes-they looked like Elvis' eyes and I kept looking and looking at them-when she came in I said, do you know who those eyes belong to?
It was a real photograph of just the eyes. She said, I sure do! Then she flipped up the photo and on the back it said Elvis Presley, Entertainer!

I do not think this is a coincidence Wanda! Elvis is letting you know that he has his "eye" on you no matter where you go. I think he must be one of your angels, watching over you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

this is so true sweet Laurie, he is one of her guardians as he is for all of us!

got goosebumps or bombs or whatever how it is called hihihi, so it is the TRUTH!

miracle,x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Ka'rala .............. :wink:

miracle,x

Page 1 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next