It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: NEW BLOG FROM LISA MARIE...FUNNY ONE..
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I EXCITE!

Okay...

This last week was a bit on the ****e side of life for me for various reasons, but one main one being that my VERY young cousin (22) actually had a heart attack...........? Talk about having an angel around you. He was saved by a Defibrillator in a public gym after he got off of the elliptical machine because he had chest and back pain. He stopped breathing and his pulse stopped entirely moments later...... Turns out that a producer from the show ER (The real one on The Discovery channel) Ann Hill was there training with her trainer. She happened to remember how to use a Defibrillator from an episode and she saved his life. There are no words to thank her enough. That's LA for ya! I guess that's one good thing about it ....He's okay now. They found out he has a rare disease called "Brugada Syndrome". There is not much known about this but it is serious and there should be! He has another syndrome as well. He is an artistic, incredibly sensitive person, always has been since he was a kid (I used to babysit him). He is the peace keeper on my mother's side of the family. He is surrounded by some who want him to be something he's not and he tries to make everyone happy. He holds everything in and was under too much stress... THAT is my humble opinion on the matter. Any well wishes you want to give him please comment here below, his name is Kash. He is my mom's sister's son. He will read them once this goes up (I told him to check it out)...

Wednesday night, It was Ryan C's Birthday. We went to see a play in Downtown LA called "Jersey Boys". It was very well done, blah blah blah. ANYWAY, I never go out but because it was his Bday, we did. We went to a well known Hollywacked Hotel for a bite to eat. Mind you, Ryan and I always speak to each other with Borat's accent and we constantly quote lines back and forth from the movie. I have seen the **** thing a million times....Obsessive? Perhaps..OR, maybe I just watch it every time I am in a ****ty mood, which would justify that number well REGARDLESS, Ryan and I were talking like that while on the way to the Hotel. In we walk and out of the corner of my eye, there he sat..............My hero......The Most brilliant man, The funniest man, The saving grace to all of my occasional ill temperament and disgust I have had with our current society and it's "morals" and hypocrisy for the last oh......few years ....There was Sacha Baron Cohen....Holy ****STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was the man who brilliantly exposed our weaknesses, our prejudice, our racism, ignorance and hypocrisy with gut shattering humor and equally serious self deprecation in the process. I have Never laughed that hard in my life. Okay....Please know that while I am not at all someone who is not amused when I see other celebrities (I can well appreciate some) I am not THAT jaded but.......I am never STAR STRUCK. I was floored ............... lol

Under my breath I said "Borat Borat Borat Borat Borat" while pinching the person who was walking in front of me (My son) who I am sure at that moment thought that I was certifiable. He said "what?" I said, "RIGHT THERE HE'S RIGHT ****ING THERE!!" Okay, so we sit at our table across from him. I met him and as he spoke (I'm such a lame ***)..My face actually turned BRIGHT RED (Riley was VERY amused at my ridiculousness and would NOT stop laughing at me) my ears got hot, my face stung, I stuttered, my voice cracked as I told him how brilliant I though he was and why. He was very sweet. It was very cool. I thought I'd share this...As I found it all quite amusing and he/It made my week

Sunday is Ryan's actual Bday party. Riley chose to turn our entire front yard into a re-creation of Woodstock. Unfortunately I can't post the details because Ryan doesn't know them all yet but I want to Thank Red Bull for Sponsoring....I wish I could invite everybody but my neighbors would protest me out of the neighborhood if I did and believe it or not I have been a good, well behaved neighbor for 15 years!..................?????? I hope that this Blog is as amusing to read as it was to write and I wish you all a good weekend yourselves.

Much Love and respect

~LMP

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Boy, that woman Lisa is... SOMETHING!

Thank you Zey-Zia. I loved to read it! :P

(Lisa's coussin called my attention as someone very, very special too. He made me think about Elvis somehow. Probably another loving soul is here to help.)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

your welcome..it just reminded me how Elvis used to imitate Peter Sellers according to E.Parker and Mr. Geller and spoke with that French detective accent and he had laughing fits too.. :lol: right Wanda??

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

Yes he did it with me a couple of times, but I had not seen any of Seller's films or any of the other British thing Elvis like which I am drawing total blank on now-but when Elvis couldn't get me interested and he tried, he didn't go there with me again-he did come up with a line or two here and there but I still wasn't getting his meaning so he just stopped. I knew he really liked that humor and I did try to watch a film he must have seen 20 times or more-according to Linda T. whom he also made do the other funny stick with him she said-it just wasn't that funny to me. I guess I am lacking that "gene" or something? Whatever he didn't shut me out because of the difference in humor.
Lisa's cousin did remind me of Elvis too, what she said and her interperation of him; I like Lisa-she is so her daddy and yet she's her own person. He was so proud of her and now I bet he has to have angle iron attached to his feet to keep from floating away-you know, his head must be enormous when he looks upon his little sweet one now. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm fond of British humour..maybe it takes to be a little nuts,and God knows,I got it all kinds.. :lol: hope my British friends will not offend, :( :oops: nothing is out of respect here..it's just, usually people have difficulty in finding that type of humour funny..but it's my best.. :P
I have a collection of P.Sellers movies,all the episodes of Pink Panther,and some small budget Black and white movies he made in England..he is an Amazing talent not just as a comedian ..pure pleasure to watch him.. :P and Sir Rowan Atkinson "Mr Bean" character who also a great actor in my opinion..of course that" Monty Python" thing..which has some disgusting parts but a killing one for sure :lol: :P :oops:

Last edited by Lighthouseseeker on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well Peter Sellers played three different characters in Dr. Strangelove, and as I recall, Elvis loved watching this movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

yes,he many times played different characters in his films and all was great..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject: Monty Python Films
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:26 am 
Sun Dial

I've heard about Elvis loving the Monty Python movies, and my family (husband and two teenagers) think they're funny and, like Elvis and others I know, go around quoting lines from the movie. But like you, Wanda JH, I TRIED watching one (Monty Python and the Holy Grail), and I TRIED to see the humor in it, but it is just lost on me as well. I like funny/stupid sometimes (oddly enough, The Naked Gun movies that Priscilla made, and Airplane come to mind), but I just don't get the Monty Python ones. "It's just a flesh wound" while someone's limbs are being hacked off -- not funny. Sorry, Elvis! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

Reading through this reminds me of someting Elvis kind of said under his breath when speaking of how things in his life had gone and saying he wondered how long it took a "broken heart to heal" . I don't recall what I said, but I'm sure it was something "light" as he kind of muttered, "Aww...it's just a flesh wound...it'll heal over.." then changed the subject. I guess he got it from Monty... wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]