It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: new thread for conversation. elvis,linda and me
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:40 am 
Rainbow

I am sure many of you have heard of the book "ELVIS, LINDA AND ME" written by Jeannie Lemay Dumas. i have become close friends with her over the last couple of months. i was hoping we could talk about her , her book , andLinda and the photos that were taken in Elvis,s bedroom. first off i wanted to start with the decription of the book.

description: Book Description
"Elvis fans the world over constantly dream about what their fantasy would have been if they had been lucky enough to have known him. Imagine having been Linda Thompson's best girlfriend and being with her the night she met Elvis. Then imagine becoming Elvis' friend, being kissed by him, working for him, and the ultimate dream: having sleepovers at Graceland with Linda (actually sleeping in his bed) while Elvis was away, traveling with Elvis and Linda on concert dates, and taking pictures of the upstairs area at Graceland. This book tells the story of how it all began and gives you a look at the incredible (some never-before-seen) pictures."

next : understand this book has been printed three different ways. it was printed with 40 photos all black and white.
then printed again with the same 40 photos but this time in color. both were self published thru author house. BOTH ARE PAPER BACKS.
Jeannie then picked up a publisher.(Rooftop) and the book was put out with a hard cover with dust jacket. now it has 70 photos and all are colored. the story in all three books are the same.

statments i have already heard by others.
a lot of people get confused and they think linda wrote this book.
she did not.

another : all of her photos have been on the web for years.
yes many have and i thought the same thing until i got her new edition. there are more photos of his bedroom at graceland and photos of the International suite. plus photos of his bedroom in Monavale house.

another statment i have heard about this book.
she did not have permission to take photos.
Jeannie asked Linda and she said it was fine.linda at the time was living in Graceland. the girls had Elvis's permission to stay over and sleep in his bedroom.
i also took it apon my self to make a call. i called Dick Grob and asked him about the photos. he said Elvis new about them and had no problem with it.

i just wanted to get the same ole statments out of the way first before we start this disscussion.
so lets get talking!
Joe K

www.elvis2001.net
www.elvis-express.com
Image[im

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

My thanks to you also Joe for sharing this information with us. :D I'm looking forward to getting this book and to checking out your website some more also. :D Then like you said, let's get talking. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:58 pm 
Flame

I'd like to read her book, but have trouble buying it online. :roll:
Hopefully I'll find a way soon.

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Joe, I ordered her book and should get it soon-from Amazon. I haven't read it but from what I have heard from those who have, and from your interview with her, I think she is a nice person and had a wonderful experience during the time she was around Linda and Elvis and Graceland, and all the other things she got to take part in. Her observations are her own opinions of what was happening around her, and there are no two people who will have the exact same opinion about any thing! I understand that Linda approved her writing the book so that just about covers it all for me. I like Linda from what I know of her, she did the best she could for Elvis and for a long time, he was happy about it. Had he not become ill and had his own opinions of how things should go regarding that time in his life, they'd probably still be together-that's just my opinion and it's just based on guessing as there is no way to predict what might have been now. Thanks for starting this thread-it's going to be interesting after more people do read her book and have something to say about it.
As for pictures of Elvis' bedrooms-I don't think he'd complain about that-I'm sure he trusted that they'd not be all over the place at the time. wjh

Post subject: Pics of Elvis's Bedroom
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:33 am 
Sun Dial

Quote:
As for pictures of Elvis' bedrooms-I don't think he'd complain about that-I'm sure he trusted that they'd not be all over the place at the time. wjh

Yeah, remember there was no such thing as the Internet then. I've seen some of the photos online already. Wonder if he'd care now? I also have to ask myself with any of these books, What is the person's motivation for writing them? I know with Wanda JH, it was only with the purest of motives and the sincere effort to help people come to know and appreciate who Elvis was as a man beyond the image. And hopefully to correct the ubiquitous misconceptions about him. What are Jeanne's motives? I honestly don't know, but if the book sheds some positive light on Elvis, then I'm OK with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:22 pm 
Flame

I received this ook today and have read quite a bit already! I realy like her book ánd the way she shared her memories.
I started with going through the pages with the pictures, then started reading in the middle then a bit at the end, now I'm at the beginning. :D
a recomanded start to begin a book...:wink:

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

the book is GREAT, beautiful colour pics in it too and the stories about Elvis being the dotting father on Lisa are priceless.

I enjoyed reading it from begin till end.

Right now I'm reading inside graceland by Nancy rooks and it is again a precious one.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:41 pm 
Pharaoah

Hope you enjoy that book alna(riley)
I found lots of good stuff in that book that was new to me. I am going to get LInda's friend book soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

You should Jen , you will enjoy it.
When you like to collect pics, be sure to buy the collectors edition.
It is more expensive but it is worth it IMO

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: Elvis, Linda and Me - the book
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:13 am 
Dragon

Hi Wanda,

I must admit I have not got this book and from experience I don't like to buy them because I don't want to land up reading some rubbish someone has come up with, it only irritates me and drives me insane - anyway I was wondering if you could share some of the book with me and tell me what you think of it.

And on to my other favourite subject - Elvis and Priscilla - do you think they would have got back together if he was still alive? I was just thinking how very different things would have been if he was still alive.... It is such a tragic story..........

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]