It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Twisters
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:49 pm 
Flame

Hello friends :D

This is not an Elvis related dream, though I'd like to know if any of you know what they could mean, because they appear in dreams quite often.

As a child I became facinated with this weather phenomenon...

In my dreams I'm usually in the house, and I will look out the window and there are several of them around the house, or nearby. I always grab for my camera then. But never realy manage to take a picture.

Last night for instance my camera was bended a little, I fixed it, by simply bending it back. But the twisters already faded by then, a litle while later another one appeared. It was not as exciting as the four or so joined together before, this time it was just one....then I believe I woke up, so still no picture! :lol:

They are very beautiful, and don't do any harm. They just appear for a little while and then fade. They are small like an F1, I don't know if you are familiar with the scale? I will try to find a picture of one later... :wink:

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are on these dreams...

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:15 pm 
Flame

These are waterspouts, picture taken in kijkduin near The hague, in holland

They are similar to the ones in my dream. Only in my dreams they are prettier :P and look less threathing.

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rania, That's a neat picture of the water spouts- Twisters are the same, had that wind tunnel been on land it would have been a twister and could have caused damage. We have water spouts off the coast now and then too. We had a small twister come very close to us when we lived in Winchester which is a few miles from here now-on flat land. The railroad tracks caused it to bend and miss us-thank heaven. We had just moved there and our horses were in open corrals with out any protection and there were things blowing around inside the twister from where it had picked up debri. I was so worried about the horses being hit etc:. Twisters usually travel in low lying areas-if there are valleys of any kind they'll take the lower route...like the tracks were built up higher as it was a flood plain area. So they turned it away from us-it went on through another ranch and I saw all kinds of buckets and wood pieces and small tree branches gathered up and thrown around. It took off a roof of a few places too...but no animals were hurt seriously-one horse had to have stitches in her head and nose but not seriously. We were lucky!
I lived through one that was just a few yards away from our place in Bixby Ok. when I was young. We were watching it from the wash house that had a cellar beneath it. My dad and I stood and watched the wond and tornado as it passed us by and wrecked our neighbor's barn. He didn't have any animals but it took off the side and part of the roof and carried it miles away and dropped it on the highway! They are scary things and they make a disctintive noise. People always close up their houses, shut their windows etc: when one is expecting a storm-when if they opened windows and to let the pressure inside their home drop more evenly to the outside pressure of the storm, they would not so easily explode their homes! That's what causes the roofs to blow off and the walls to break out-it is the sudden drop in pressure-unequaled to the outside pressure and so something has to give-and it's the buildings. I learned that in science class-but you never hear anyone today telling people that-I don't know why.
But there are lots of things you don't hear being told that are so true-it's like people have to learn everything all over again ever so many dozen years. And it's all new again-and sometimes not correct as new science gets in the way-and reason and past knowledge is pushed aside.
Anyway, you are escaping and watching, so that's good-it means you learn by viewing and listening and therefore are doing okay-you take in knowledge and put it to use. simple conclusion but that's what I thought. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Raina, I used to have tornados periodically in my dreams. Not sure what they represent. Possibly anger, frustration, or perhaps it's not negative at all; maybe a spiritual energy is interacting with us in our dream states. It's been years since I had one, so hard for me to comment on a personal basis as my memory is fading re those type dreams I used to have. What do you think they mean in your dreams?

Have you seen the movie Twister? Some great special effects in that movie.

Remember Elvis, as a 1 year old baby boy, was almost killed by a large F5 twister (the most deadly kind of tornado). It wiped out much of Tupelo in 1936, killing 216 people. It narrowly missed Elvis & his family, though. Providence at work even then.
Here is a link to the story of the 1936 Tupelo/Gainesville twisters:
http://www.history.com/tdih.do?action=t ... ory&id=394

An excerpt:
Quote:
A majority of the bodies of the 216 people killed in Tupelo were found in the pond. One notable survivor of this deadly tornado was one-year-old Elvis Presley, who was born in Tupelo.
The Tupelo twister was estimated to be an F5, the most destructive class of tornado, with winds in excess of 261 miles per hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:44 am 
Flame

Yes Wanda when they reach land they can cause damage, even somethimes F2 damage, but that last is rare through.
Over here water spouts are pretty common, but we rarely have twisters on land. It has happend in the past an F3, but because of the change in climate the number of twisters has increased. They are weak though, but still...I believe in Europe, Holland and England are on top of the list. I never seen one, but I'd like too. They are beautiful, but unfortunatly cause alot of damage too, and people and animals get hurt and killed.

Luckily you escaped from any real damage being done by that tornado and your horses were okay. I can imagine the fear you must have had.
And you're right about air pressuere....
In my dream they don't cause any damage or make noise actually.

Thank you for your interpretations Wanda and Blue Moon.
It is not like an escape. In my dream I do not get the feeling they could hurt me.
A little while ago when I also dreamed of them, one was going over our house, and I was a little worried but I stood by the window watching, and when the twister came over I felth it was energetic.
Something filled the house...
No damage was done. This time it was night and the sky was black but with rays of purple. Real pretty. :)

Blue Moon, yes I have read it before, thank you for the link.
People somethimes have angels upon their shoulders, Elvis must have had an whole army, blowing the tornado the other way.
He had to live, he had some business to take care off here...:)

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:24 am 
Site Admin

Raina wrote:
People somethimes have angels upon their shoulders, Elvis must have had an whole army, blowing the tornado the other way.
He had to live, he had some business to take care off here...

He most certainly did Raina my dear friend! :D Divine intervention for sure! :D Thank you so much sweet Laurie for posting the link for us and thanks to you also dear Sue for bringing this back again. :D Most certainly a fascinating dream subject. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Raina,

I missed your post on your dreams the first time. I'm sorry.

I think those dreams tell much about a main attitude towards life's events you seem to have: YOU ARE NOT AFRAID OF LIFE'S TURMOILS, BUT ON THE CONTRARY, YOU ARE VERY MUCH INTERESTED IN THEM AND YOU ARE OPEN TO SEE THEIR BEAUTY BEHIND THEIR APPARENT DANGEROUS CONDITION (the one communly accepted).

You may be one person that searches her own direct experience of things, lived through your own open observance, not submitted to the general consensed point of view. You are brave doing it, and you dare to stand on your opinions. YOU LOOK FOR TO HAVE YOUR OWN PERSPECTIVE!

To take a pictore with your camera may be referred to come to a conclusion to keep, an understanding. When something in the process fails, it may mean that you don't have YET the conclusion. But your interest remains and will be open there to resolve the incognite whenever possible.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

You are very welcome my dear friend and we are so pleased that you take the time to do this for us too!! :wink: :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

:D :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:02 am 
Flame

Thank you Amanda for your comment. Im going to think about that one!
I'm actually scared of many things, silly things, but alot of times do them anyway :lol:

Again thank you friends for your comments, sorry it's a little late. I totally missed it!

Love, Raina

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next