It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Yes that writing is very sad and it hurts to think he was so alone yet he was glad they had all left him so he could be alone...and didn't have to pretend and keep up that smile etc:. So much he carried by himself-thank heaven he did have hope in God and could let his feelings show. He wrote things because he couldn't say them to anyone I think, but it let him "hear" his thoughts by reading it on paper. That does help, to put things on paper so you can see them and "hear" them in your mind. It helped me this past two years, alot. And he knew that too. I think that is why he wanted to talk to people he didn't have to see everyday-he didn't have to keep that smile on his face and it gave him a sense of relief perhaps, and for that I am glad I took the time to listen and let him "jus' talk 'bout things". He just wanted to hear himself thinking out loud, to know what was on his mind and he said, it helped. I know there was probably a lot of things, maybe tons of them, that he did not talk to me about-or even mention but I hope that he felt better when he did say something, and I tried to make him laugh more than anything else. I couldn't tell him what to do, in fact he didn't want that. But I could make him laugh and I could listen...and I did tell him he needed medical help now and then, babied him alot and he kind of liked that at times. He was a big kid, I think he didn't really get past 15 or 16 years as far as emotionally in many ways-it was only through having his feelings and heart stepped on, he learned to be more closed up and to just play it funny and be the clown and that way he didn't have to be a "grown up" so often. I really think some people don't grow up totally, they just work hard to play the role they think means they are adults-but inside they stay young and vunerable and he was one of them. Maybe those kind are the special people in this world. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, here it is from BLUE STAR LOVE:

Quote:
In December of 1976, a terminally ill Elvis poured out his heart to God in a series of personal statements written in his hand on the stationary of the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas. These ‘notes’ he tossed in the wastebasket, only to be retrieved by a friend and not released to the public until after Elvis’ death. They read as follows:

a) “I don’t know who I can talk to anymore. Nor to turn to. I only have myself and the Lord. Help me Lord to know the right thing.”

b) “I will be glad when this engagement is over. I need some rest from all of this. But I can’t stop. Won’t stop. Maybe I will take everyone to Hawaii for awhile.”

c) “I wish there was someone who I could trust and talk to. Prayer is my only salvation now....I feel lost sometimes. Be still and know I am God. Feel me within before you can know I am there.”

(“Be still and know I am God. Feel me within before you can know I am there.” is a quote from ‘The Impersonal Life’, by Joseph Benner. This was one of Elvis’ favorite books, which he carried with him when on tour.)

d) The following note is in the possession of Wayne Newton, who wrote a song called ‘The Letter’ based on Elvis’ plea: “I am glad everyone is gone now. I will probably not rest tonight. I have no need for all of this. Help Me Lord.”

The first three quotes appear in the article, ‘Crying for Help’ from the tribute magazine,‘Elvis - An American Legend’. The author of ‘Crying for Help’ ends with this heartfelt statement:

“That someone of Elvis’ incredible talent and saintly generosity could not find sanctuary for himself is a modern-day tragedy. Elvis lived to bring his fans pleasure and perform on stage. His golden voice, innocence and incredible God-given talent attracted so many to him. Those who took joy from all that Elvis was, know that there will never be anyone who can compare and wish that somebody could have helped.”

Been feeling just a little better, so put together this simple flash of it. Water is kinda neat though, don't you think? Simeon found this simple flash fx thingy on the web.

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/flash/helpmelord.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes Wanda, I think this kind of human beings are special, because they keep their heart pure and, in their innocence, they are unable to understand other's malicious behavior.

They come to this life very much attuned to Harmony and resent dis-harmony deeply, feeling sharply hurt inside by it.

Elvis had the sense of humor as a wonderful shield to handle all this, but he was most probably called to know pain to better understand pain in others, to display his compassion so others could know about compassion too. He helped many people directly with his acts, but also as a reference, a model for others.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:29 pm 
Sun Dial

Very good Maia, :wink: thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Maia,

I'm so sorry I jumped inadvertently upon your post while answering to Wanda. :oops:

The flash you made is really PRECIOUS! I find water perfect for it. One may feel very lonesome being alone in front of the sea, but at the same time very connected to Deity through its inmensity and beauty.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Loved the flash Maia, and glad you are a bit better now too. The water was so real and I thought the clouds were going to have lightening any minute! So real looking-he would love that water and the dancing angels upon it's waves. Very inspirational flash. He often quoted from Benner though sometimes changing a word or line a bit to fit the occasion. It and his Bible always went with him. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

maia wrote:
(“Be still and know I am God.

The above part of Benner's quote is taken directly from the Bible.

Very lovely flash presentation Maia.
Restful & peaceful background for a man who was looking for some rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

THANK YOU, ALL! :)

Wow, Kenya I LOVE your avatar! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:29 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

yes Maia it's done beautifully as always.. Kenya I love your avatar too..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:09 am 
Site Admin

Maia my thanks to you also for the beautiful and incredible flash presentation. :D I agree with Sue completely in that Elvis really would have loved it and it is a wonderful tribute to a wonderful and great man!! :D Kenya I too love your avatar!! :D Absolutely beautiful! :D

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next