It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Priscilla Talks About Elvis and 30th Anniversary
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Priscilla Presley enjoyed dinner at Spagolast night and ran into friend, designer Fred Hayman, as she left the restaurant.

She recently spoke on the 30th anniversary of her late husband's, Elvis Presley, death admitting she is still in awe of him. There will never be another star like Elvis Presley, because he is more famous now than he was when he died 30 years ago, according Priscilla. She told Larry King, "Not only talent, but his passion, his compassion, his generosity. I don't know if we'll ever see anything like it again, you know? And it's growing. We have, now, kids who are 6, 7, 8, 9, into their teens and really discovering who Elvis is today. And it's spreading."

ImageImageImageImage

(Source: Simplycilla.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

I have to say that she was the warmest and most sincere in that interview with Larry King than any I have seen and heard-now I haven't seen and heard many done with her, but I enjoyed seeing her and hearing what she had to say and I liked her very much for this letting down of that big shield she's carried for so long and had to, I know to protect her inner self from so many and so much going on around her. Seeing that woman on Larry King's show, let me see the girl that Elvis loved, the woman he continued to love and the one he defended in every way he could from the world's crude and heavy handed thoughts etc; and actions toward her and the fact she "left him" etc:...and he died.
It's been a difficult road for her, a very heavy load and I hope that in some way he has touched her again, has opened her heart and let her know he cared deeply and that he is always there for her, even now. I think he has and that has freeded her emotions and spirit to be the one he knew, the one he loved because that is the side of her he knew...I think we saw it on Larry King. I am very happy for her and I hope that she can retain that lightness of heart and spirit for the rest of her life. I also thank Elvis for his hand in letting me see what he saw-what he knew because he knew it was struggling with trying to walk that line-I don't think I have to worry about that anymore. I understand. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
It's been a difficult road for her, a very heavy load and I hope that in some way he has touched her again, has opened her heart and let her know he cared deeply and that he is always there for her, even now. I think he has and that has freeded her emotions and spirit to be the one he knew, the one he loved because that is the side of her he knew...

I think you are so right here, Wanda. I don't doubt El'vis is helping Priscilla and Lisa Marie very closely, the same way I'm sure they are gaining more and more awareness as they are going ahead with their lives. They have many responsabilities to face and will have all the help needed to handle them.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:41 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Seeing that woman on Larry King's show, let me see the girl that Elvis loved, the woman he continued to love and the one he defended in every way he could from the world's crude and heavy handed thoughts etc; and actions toward her and the fact she "left him"

I think that Pris has cared all along,but didnt show it because of Marco maybe she feared hurting his feelings...but now that he hurt her..she left him and now is expressing her feelings more openly and freely..good on her i wish she would carry on opening up because its a very liberating thing to do..weights will be lifted off.
I think, she was that girl the whole time but put up this front as you said Wanda. We all do it to protect ourselves but the diffrence is how transparent we allow this shield to be. Under all these layers that she has put on her maybe there is a 14 year old still in love..a 32 year old still missing and mourning her "husband". who knows...it sure did look like that on Larry King Live.

Anyone who missed it here is the video (Source: simplycilla.com)

Part 1: http://www.divshare.com/download/1627916-76a
Part 2: http://www.divshare.com/download/1628659-9c0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for the links, Regina!!![/quote]

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

Well you are right, and I have to say that I am happy to see her relating and opening up, and yes, I think she is that young girl and the young woman too, and she spoke of him in first tense, saying, "He loves football" then changing it to past tense quickly. She is reliving the happy days I hope, for her sake. She didn't really get to do that for all these years and I know that it can hurt and cause one to curl up inside, self protecting one's deepest self. I am happy for her and I think he was right, they were pushed further and further apart by his career, his "friends" and those who stood to gain by using his fame etc: and ability to draw in so much money. Fame is a big monster that eats away at those who fall into it's trap-even today. It was "starving" when he came along...and he was so tender...wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

You are right Wanda fame is such an ugly hungry monster :?

There is this song about Elvis that i find beautiful its called Advertising Space by Robbie Williams and there is a part that says the same thing you just said it goes like:

Quote:
Through your eyes
The world was burning
Please be gentle
I'm still learning
You seemed to say
As you kept turning up

They poisoned you with compromise
At what point did you realise
Everybody loves your life
But you ahahh

i find the music video pretty funny he has Cilla locked up in a closet :lol:
here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iicIJMkBmg0

I never noticed it but looking back at the interviews i have watched of Priscilla she does speak of him in the present tense quite often. :cry:

although i dont know much about Elvis (not like you guys!!) i feel somehow like i know him :? he has this very strange thing about him its like a centre of gravity that pulls you towards him and makes you look at him as he walks by or entres a room and go "hey who is this guy??!!" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

Some photos from Larry King Live

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]