It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:12 am 
Site Admin

Sue, i remember the day Lady Di died we were coming home from a trip to the beach. I was seven years old and thought "how come 7 is a lucky number how can good people die on a lucky year like 97??!!"

Now i know that 7 is no lucky number (although i was born on the 17th :? ) hehehe noway 7 is a lucky number Elvis died in 77!!! :cry:

RIP

Lady Di and Elvis (ofcourse)
and I want to add Dodi Al-Fayed, his family went through alot of pain..i just watched an arabic documentary his dad made about him (they r egyptain 8) ) and i cried the whole way through it :cry: .

Last edited by Regina- Jewel on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:56 am 

She is missed today as much as if she just left us. Saw Prince Harry speak at the memorial. So touching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

YES, A BEAUTIFUL SOUL!

My SM page on her:

http://www.spiritmythos.org/AM/lady_lake.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

My respects to her, another old loving soul...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: I think Elvis would have liked the soul of Di's that showed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I believe that Elvis and Di would have enjoyed talking about life in general; and one common thread would be helping those who need(ed) a hand, need(ed) a touch that translates in any language that 'someone does care that you are here on earth and we know and we are here for you.'
Both Elvis and Di spoke with their beautiful eyes as much as with common English diction used. I think that both were special and that they were sent to the world by the One above for a special reason.
Di taught the world, even one where Kings and Queens live, that people do want to communicate with someone who will take time to listen. Elvis had the same ability. He knew when someone was needing something and he put on many benefits so that fans could help others through their love of Elvis.
Di put her own life on the line walking through areas that still had buried killing mines and she also cared enough about the millions of people suffering from AIDS to hold a small child in her arms and that showed the world that helping a victim of AIDS was not going to give AIDS to the helping individual.
Elvis, we all know, used his talent to help others. His eyes told the world what he might be feeling and so did Di's beautiful eyes. They both were able to captivate an audience simply by being on a stage.
The world that we know was changed forever when both Elvis and Di were here and again when they were taken home.
Another common thread of an Elvis/Di conversation could have been about the hurt of the pain they both hid as long as they were able to, of having someone they believed wanting them because they loved them but it turned out to not be true. Di loved the prince but she found it was not reciprocated and said so---in her own words in television interviews once she found the prince was having 'it' on the side and she felt like she was someone chosen only to have babies for the monarchy. We will never know for certain what Elvis felt after his wife left him but he hurt badly when she first left and no one will ever know a 100% what he really felt or did not feel about the mother of his Lisa.
Two bright stars that shined with enormous amounts of love for others but who were insecure as all get out when not on a stage; and now they will always be lights in the darkness and we are all the better for being on earth when they were here in their physical form, like stars in the black night sky, to remind the world that it had to do better before it was too late.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Very well put. I remember the day she died too, the long, long wait in the tunnel, the long long time it took to get her to the hospital and how she was alive but bleeding to death and they took sooo long. I couldn't believe that was how they did things there-it was like meant to be I guess. She became a bright star by dying so young, leaving nothing but greatness behind her for her two boys who know their father for what he is/was.
I only hope they have learned from that knowledge. Elvis and Diana lived by their hearts, they lived to give and to offer understanding and as those who do those things the best, they did it very well, and then they left an example, a guide book for the rest of us. Too few in our world can measure up to either of them, but we can try to be generous, kind and loving of our fellow humans-even those who do not deserve a glance. Elvis said "every person has their story, and if you give them a little time and listen to what they have to say, you might find that you are in the presence of a holy one who has come to bring you great truths...you never know, so stop and smile, shake a hand and don't look down on anyone, look up, into their eyes and smile...sometimes it's God who smiles back. Ya never can know, it can happen."

Post subject: Touching
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:46 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you so much for posting what Elvis said---it certainly applies 365 days a year. We do not know the story if we do not care enough to pause and listen. So very, very true. :)
I know that I too felt rather confused when Di was killed. When I went to bed the news report said she had injuries. The next morning she was dead. It was like Elvis, Bobby Kennedy, John Lennon, Jack and his son and Jackie and Dr. King all over again.
I am not the traveling kind of person so I know I will never be in France but the medical treatment they used and did not use with Di seemed mid-evil to me.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Elvis said "every person has their story, and if you give them a little time and listen to what they have to say, you might find that you are in the presence of a holy one who has come to bring you great truths...you never know, so stop and smile, shake a hand and don't look down on anyone, look up, into their eyes and smile...sometimes it's God who smiles back. Ya never can know, it can happen."

This is one of the wisest things I ever heard from Elvis (and from other wise men too)... and the paradox is that himself was the living example of what he was saying! THANK YOU WANDA, FOR BRINGING IT TO US!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]